2000 Toyota Corolla

8.4

Based on 592 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Great Point A - Point B Car

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, good price"

Cons: "Cramped back seat,"

"I have been driving this car for about 4 years now. It has a few old car problems (i.e. worn key cylinder) but it has been heavily driven and slightly abused by it's previous owners. Despite that the car runs like a dream. It will get you wherever you need to go, not with much style or power, but it will get you there safely and reliably. All I ever really need to do is give it an oil change! I get about 28MPG in the winter and 32MPG in the summer. On size, I am about 5'11" and I bought it from a guy who fit just fine at 6'2". So the front seat really has no room issues. The back seat, however, can be quite cramped for your average person."

Wonderful

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"I have owned this car for 4-5 years now. I have not had a single problem with it. Very reliable. I've only replaced the tires and rims (Silver), which made the car look a lot nicer and updated. I also put in a new cd player. I found the stereo system was quite good already. It's the perfect size for me (5'6'') It has amazing gas mileage, it's actually pretty fun to drive (it's pretty zippy I THINK), comfortable for my size and weight, it's easy to park, and just all around great value. It's a great first car for doing a lot of commuting, like myself. I'm afraid I'll never get another car until this one completely dies. (Which will save me lots of money, even if I get bored with the car) The few downsides on my car are that I don't have power doors, locks, windows, etc, which can be annoying at times. Also, the car IS so lightweight feeling sometimes that in high winds you have to drive more carefully, it's not very high in style on the inside or out (but there's nothing wrong with simplicity), the back seat is pretty tight for leg room, but considering no one is ever in my back seat I don't really care."

My corolla

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"My corolla is a great car for a small family or single person. It gets great gas mileage. about a year before my warranty ran out my motor had to be replaced because it was drinking a quart of oil a week. I had a brand new motor put it in and now it runs great."

I've put 150,000 miles on this car

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I got this car when I was 16 years old, and it has been nothing but reliable for me in the six years I've owned it. I love the manueverability of the compact car, and the interior is as comfortable as any I've sat in. I never had to do any serious work on the car until around 140,000 when the transmission seized up and had to be rebuilt($2000). Other than that I've had to replace normal wearable parts like the starter (120k/$200), the suspension (90k/$800), and the spark plugs (150k/$12). I've given it oil changes every 7k or so, and have yet to enounter a single problem with the engine even though I've averaged 25k miles/year in the car. It's certainly not the most attractive car, the 120hp won't satisfy a need for speed, and the back seat is fairly cramped, but the car is absolutely reliable and gets the transportation job done admirably."

I love my Toyota, I'd hate to give it up!

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pros: "dependable & economical"

Cons: "can't really think of any"

"My 2001 Toyota Corolla has been amazing, the best reliable car I've ever had. No problems outside normal maintenance and I love the front wheel drive - excellent for winter conditions. I'm pushing 200,000 miles and it still runs great but have a few rust spots around the wheel wells and rocker panels but I guess that's to be expected for a car with that many miles and 13 years old. Mechanics say I can get 300,000 with scheduled maintenance because the engine is still in good shape. It's been a great car and I'll hate to trade it in or sell it when it comes time for a new car. I'll definitely look into another Corolla - a good quality car, extremely dependable and economical."