2000 Toyota Corolla

8.3

Based on 556 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Quick off the line.Always burned oil.Dependable

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "fast from a start. Fairly roomy. Big trunk."

Cons: "Burns oil."

"Getting some rust.Otherwise a real war horse. No major repairs in 5 yrs. Hate the white color. Going to paint it forest green this summer. If you just want carefree transpo,this is it to the max."

Great gas mileage, pickup, and reliability

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, good on gas, good in snow, great pickup"

Cons: "No remote lock, style a bit dated"

"I have done nothing to this car except standard maintenance for the past 16 years. Sure it is not the most stylish ride, and I still have a cassette radio, but this car has been reliable in the cold and snows of Buffalo, the potholes of the west side highway in NYC, and gunning it onto the 405 in LA. Still runs great, cheap to maintain, great pickup, and better on gas than most current cars( 22 mpg in parking lot style city traffic, 28 mpg in mixed city/ highway driving, 35 mpg for highway) which is down slightly from its youth but still great. Safe, sturdy, great in snow. I stretched to buy a reliable, safe car when I got this. Could have replaced it years ago with anything I wanted. Aside from the aesthetic, this is still a great car and shows no sign of slowing down."

i love this little car

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "comfortable and fun"

Cons: "hard to get in and out"

"rides a little like a gocart but I expected that. handling is excellent, a fun car to drive. seats are very comfortable and the design of the interior is convenient. the not so great side, the engine uses oil and no one knows why.it doesn't leak and it doesn't smoke yet We add a quart about every 300-400 miles. the engine runs fine otherwise."

Best vehicle for starters

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Excellent AC, good conditions everything."

Cons: "Exterior not so neat.Needs paint,that's it.White."

"Never let me down in the road.Economic, very reliable, fun to drive.Good performance never had a major expenditure in mechanic stores.Window tinted.Good Stereo with CD-new, not the original."

Comfy, good MPG, plenty of space

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Reason: time for upgrade

Pros: "Good space, good MPG, comfy"

Cons: "Low power, costly repair potential"

"Great car, good first car, well worth it's cost. Ran for years and was well cared for. Started going bad and became high way unworthy at about 165k miles but great city vehicle. roughly 24mpg in the city."

1999 Toyota Corolla - Best Car I Ever Owned

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, good gas mileage, easy upkeep"

Cons: "Small parts break over time (e.g. door handle)"

"I have owned my Toyota Corolla for 15 years. NEVER did it break down on me, nor did I ever fear it would. The Corolla was such an easy car to own. It always drove well, has a good turning radius, and all it asked of the owner is regular, standard upkeep and maintenance. In return, I received reliability, smooth driving and all anyone could ever ask for in this class of vehicle for everyday use. The gas mileage has always been above average, and I could go forever before having to refuel, on about a ten-gallon tank. It was decently comfortable. The only complaint I have is that after ten years, the door lock automation no longer works, the power windows do not all roll down, and the driver side door handle broke off with normal use. Those things needed higher quality parts, as this is a vehicle folks expect to own for life. I still see Corollas on the road, which are decades older than my 1999. That is the reason I originally decided on the car when I was in College."

30 miles per gal

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "no major repeair in 200000"

Cons: "Door handels break very easy."

"I bought with 64,000,put on 140,000,no major repair, just change oil, plugs & coolant."

Very Reliable Make And Model

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Its a smooth ride, no auto problems"

Cons: "no power windows or locks, very basic!!!"

"This car has been wonderful to me. I loved this car!! Im gonna miss her."

excellent utility, very reliable, great gas mileag

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "still a great reliable car"

Cons: "basic looking car"

"This car has served me very well. Very reliable. The gas mileage better than anyone else--can't understand why Corolla hasn't done better in developing a car that does better over these past 12 years. In Japan the cars get better gas mileage. How can they do it there and not here?? I preferred the convenience of a hatch back and still wish Corolla would make such a car since I need the space for carrying stuff more than I need seats for passengers and find many people agree with me. I love the manual transmission; the car always has the pick up and maneuverability above and beyond the automatics."

GREAT DEPENDABLE VEHICLE

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, maintain and one you will enjoy"

"I presently own a 2000 Toyota Corolla. This vehicle has been extremely dependable. I've driven my Toyota cross-country 2-3 times. I'm a one-person owner of this vehicle and bought it new. I've not had to do any work on this vehicle until it was 12 years old other then basic maintenance, oil change, tune up or a break job after my cross country trips. On the 13th yr, this summer, I replaced the catalyst converter ($500) and I had some other minor work done. Last summer, I had some work done and I think it had to do with an engine light coming on and I got taken for about ($250) last summer. I also, changed my 2nd battery. Other then that, I will need new struts. I just replaced my tires (3) of them and an alignment ($348) this week. This vehicle is still running smoothly and my friends are amazed at how well my car runs being 13 yrs old. Because of my two Toyota's I've own (this now is my 2nd one), my friends have seen how great they've both been. I've recommended Toyotas to my friends and three of them and even my sister have purchase Toyota. My sister's is older then mine and her car is still going! If you're a female, want a dependable vehicle and not get stuck with car payments for a lifetime, this is the vehicle, you should consider buying. You will definitely save in the long run!!! I've not had a car payment in over seven years! Don't think twice when buying this vehicle. Nobody needs a lemon or headaches after investing all the monies in the purchase of a new vehicle. Buy a vehicle you can count on, a TOYOTA."

See if you qualify for