2000 Toyota Corolla

8.3

Based on 567 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

You can never go wrong with a Toyota Corolla

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Great value, reliability and MPG"

Cons: "Not very good leg room in the back seats"

"We bought this 2002 car in 2001 new from the dealership...and we have absolutely no regrets. The car has been super reliable. The only money we have put into it is the regular maintenance (oil changes, tire changes/rotations, brakes --although brakes only needed to be changed twice in 12 years). We love our corolla so much we bought a 1997 model from a dear friend of ours, that one only has 95,000 and is running like a champ. Unfortunately, due to our recent adoption of our third little one, we need to sell our '97 in order to buy something more spacious (Toyota Sienna). The only con about this car is the space in the back seats, not very roomy."

Love this car

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Low maintanence, Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Lacks get up and go, Doesnt like high speeds"

"I bought this used corolla back in 07 and drive it like crazy. I have only had minor issues with it. The automatic window main switch quick working. It only cost 70$ to fix. The car does not have best get up and go but I mean it drives fantastic. It does shake a little when go speeds 70 or over. I bought a 2 year battery in 09 and just replaced it 14 so its very efficient on battery usage. Fantastic on gas mileage! Winters it costs me 20$ to fill tank and I drive often. Spring/summer time it costs 30$. Both last 2 weeks. Overall I love this car. Hes been fantastic and inexpensive! I would recommend this to a college student or highschool student or a busy mom!"

grate car

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

"I love it"

grate car

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

"I love it"

Just keeps on going, mile after mile.

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"My wife acquired this car from a rental agency around 28,000 miles. The only real repair was a starter around 120,000 miles. The car uses about a 1/2 quart of oil in 1000 miles, but it is time with 211,000 miles on it. A/C is as cold as the day she got it, with no charge. If only the Americans could learn to build good, dependable transportation like this."

car has been well cared for by great mechanics.

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "runs perfectly well, low mileage."

Cons: "needs a little work on lining in ceiling --"

"Car is in great shape and has no leaks. has been serviced by great mechanics. interior lining in roof shows some wear and the lining around the back doors has some wear, but car has never let me down and is in top mechanical condition."

Has been reliable for 14+ years, gets good mileage

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "good mileage and reliable"

Cons: "no moonroof"

"Plan to buy a 2014 soon."

Burns oil, but still get 33-35mpgs

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

"I was given this car as a gift @ 150,000 miles. These are my observations based on 23,000 miles of ownership. Decent car for getting from point A to B. Combined road and highway (40%/60%)allows me to get 33 to 35mpgs. Interior cloth seats and panels are in good shape. The headliner had completely deteriorated. Had to spend ~80 bucks to get a replacement kit online. It was easier to replace than I thought. Paint quality is really bad. No more clear coat, has matte finish...lol. Also shows bare metal in places. The car does burn oil. It burns about a quart for every 3000 miles. Road noise inside the car is on the loud side. I have replaced a cracked serpentine belt. Both driver and front passenger door handles have been replaced. The old ones became brittle and broke. Easy to replace as DIY. parts are only about 10 bucks per handle. valve cover gasket was replaced at 165,000miles. It was leaking a little oil. PCV valve was also replaced at the same time (It was a little clogged) strut assembly was replaced at 170,000 miles. It was completely shot when I got the car. Replaced/Flushed Brake Fluid Replaced/Flushed Steering Fluid Replaced spark plugs and wires The Daytime Running Light Module fried. Got a replacement from the scrap yard for 10 bucks. Found that there was a loose wire on the wiring harness that plugged into the module. had to go ghetto and solder directly to board. I also found that the ground to the module was bad, I had to splice in a new ground. This took the longest to troubleshoot and fix (1 whole day). In the future I will need to replace the front window. Very pitted from road debris. Overall, I am satisfied with this car. It gets me around town. It is reliable. Everything I have fixed are things I would expect to fix on a car that has 173,000 miles. Only exception is the electrical issue with the day time running lights. Many of these fixes can be done by yourself and do not require a professional. I have saved a lot of money by doing all the repairs by myself. All you need is youtube, a repair manual, and patience."

Compact and speedy

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "compact, cruise control, like new"

Cons: "space for teenage son, 5 batteries since buying"

"Speedy, compact, nice cruise control."

Great car mechanically - poor interior quality

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "very good value, very dependable"

Cons: "poor quality cosmetic items"

"I have owned this car for 14 years and with proper maintenance it has never given me any mechanical/electrical/etc. problems at all and therefore is VERY dependable. The only reason that I would hesitate to buy another Corolla is because of the poor interior quality. The headliner has deteriorated over the years and has holes all over it. The vinyl (plastic?) detail strips around the windows shrunk many years ago and pulled loose in places so I tried to cut them off with some success. Carpet and fabric upholstery are good as well as dash quality. Door openers (both 3 inside and 2 outside) have had to be replaced or fixed - the plastic just broke off! Back window brake light melted and smoked and had to be replaced. FYI - for 11 years this car was mostly kept outside, not in a garage."