2000 Toyota Corolla

8.4

Based on 588 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Wonderful

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"I have owned this car for 4-5 years now. I have not had a single problem with it. Very reliable. I've only replaced the tires and rims (Silver), which made the car look a lot nicer and updated. I also put in a new cd player. I found the stereo system was quite good already. It's the perfect size for me (5'6'') It has amazing gas mileage, it's actually pretty fun to drive (it's pretty zippy I THINK), comfortable for my size and weight, it's easy to park, and just all around great value. It's a great first car for doing a lot of commuting, like myself. I'm afraid I'll never get another car until this one completely dies. (Which will save me lots of money, even if I get bored with the car) The few downsides on my car are that I don't have power doors, locks, windows, etc, which can be annoying at times. Also, the car IS so lightweight feeling sometimes that in high winds you have to drive more carefully, it's not very high in style on the inside or out (but there's nothing wrong with simplicity), the back seat is pretty tight for leg room, but considering no one is ever in my back seat I don't really care."

My corolla

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"My corolla is a great car for a small family or single person. It gets great gas mileage. about a year before my warranty ran out my motor had to be replaced because it was drinking a quart of oil a week. I had a brand new motor put it in and now it runs great."

I've put 150,000 miles on this car

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I got this car when I was 16 years old, and it has been nothing but reliable for me in the six years I've owned it. I love the manueverability of the compact car, and the interior is as comfortable as any I've sat in. I never had to do any serious work on the car until around 140,000 when the transmission seized up and had to be rebuilt($2000). Other than that I've had to replace normal wearable parts like the starter (120k/$200), the suspension (90k/$800), and the spark plugs (150k/$12). I've given it oil changes every 7k or so, and have yet to enounter a single problem with the engine even though I've averaged 25k miles/year in the car. It's certainly not the most attractive car, the 120hp won't satisfy a need for speed, and the back seat is fairly cramped, but the car is absolutely reliable and gets the transportation job done admirably."

I love my Toyota, I'd hate to give it up!

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pros: "dependable & economical"

Cons: "can't really think of any"

"My 2001 Toyota Corolla has been amazing, the best reliable car I've ever had. No problems outside normal maintenance and I love the front wheel drive - excellent for winter conditions. I'm pushing 200,000 miles and it still runs great but have a few rust spots around the wheel wells and rocker panels but I guess that's to be expected for a car with that many miles and 13 years old. Mechanics say I can get 300,000 with scheduled maintenance because the engine is still in good shape. It's been a great car and I'll hate to trade it in or sell it when it comes time for a new car. I'll definitely look into another Corolla - a good quality car, extremely dependable and economical."

You can never go wrong with a Toyota Corolla

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Great value, reliability and MPG"

Cons: "Not very good leg room in the back seats"

"We bought this 2002 car in 2001 new from the dealership...and we have absolutely no regrets. The car has been super reliable. The only money we have put into it is the regular maintenance (oil changes, tire changes/rotations, brakes --although brakes only needed to be changed twice in 12 years). We love our corolla so much we bought a 1997 model from a dear friend of ours, that one only has 95,000 and is running like a champ. Unfortunately, due to our recent adoption of our third little one, we need to sell our '97 in order to buy something more spacious (Toyota Sienna). The only con about this car is the space in the back seats, not very roomy."

love it!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cons: "small trunk"

"i absolutely love this car!!!!! everytime i get in it from driving our other vehicle (an older volvo), i literally say "ahhhhh!" it's so comfortable and its amazing what i fit inside. has been very reliable and the only thing i would want is a bigger trunk."

Most reliable car!

By on Saturday, October 08, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, economical and comfortable."

Cons: "Interior and exterior looks."

"This vehicle has never let me down and just doesn't stop. I haven't had any problems with it... ever!!! This car isn't the most stylish or the most fun to drive, but for its class, it has decent comfort, space, fuel economy and great reliability."

almost perfect!

By on Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Pros: "Good price, extremely reliable, unpricey in terms of maintenance."

Cons: "Feels unsturdy, bland in appearance, door handles fall off after ten years."

"I have had my Toyota Corolla for 11 years so far, and it has been reliable the whole time. I have never needed roadside assistance accept for tires gone flat. I have only had to replace the tires, struts, and battery of this car over the course of eleven years. It is very reliable and a trouper, but I ended up paying too much for it over the years with my particular dealership's financing. I thought the car felt a bit unsturdy when the wind was really blowing or when I was passed by a semi on the highway. Overall,I would give this car's reliability an excellent rating. My mechanic missed me because I hardly ever had to visit him with my car. I would recommend keeping it in a garage though. After ten years, a few of my door handles fell off after baking in the hot sun of Florida. I always kept it in the driveway."

Won't quit

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"My corolla has 110,000 miles on it and I have never had a problem. I commute 52 miles a day and have tried to destroy this car so I can buy a truck and it just keeps going and going and going. I fear I will never get rid of this car. Great for teenage girls"

Fantastic Value

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"This is absolutely the most reliable car of anyone I know. The style and performance leave something to be desired and comfort decreases if you have more than 2 people in the car, but it is excellent for everyday use. I bought it 4 years ago at 60,000 miles and it is about to pass 140,000 now. It still has many miles left in it."