2000 Toyota Corolla

8.4

Based on 591 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

one of the best cars on the road today

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive ,very maneuverable"

Cons: "shock struts wear out too soon"

"I bought this 1998 Toyota Corolla in 2004 with 57,000 miles on it . It is one of the best cars I have ever had. The only trouble I have had with it is the starter needed replacing at about 100,000. I have also replaced the shock struts twice which seems to a weak area on this model. It also has a timing chain that never needs replacing as opposed to those models with a timing belt which have to be replaced every 60,000 miles. The car consistently gets 40 mpg or better on the highway when driven less than 65 mph."

Oh What A Feelin'

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

Pros: "great gas, runs forever, minimal repairs"

Cons: "very compact"

"1999 Corolla: my first car and still driving it. I love it. I bought it knowing it needed minor repairs. People ask why I would buy a car with 150,000 miles on it. Well, for a Toyota, that's just breaking it in. The only things that I have had to repair on the car are from the car getting older. After 14 years, things are bound to wear out. That's the great thing about this car. It will run forever until you need repairs. It costs me $30 dollars to fill my tank, and I drive it everyday. I only fill up once every two weeks, too. GREAT CAR FOR A NEW DRIVER."

Very fuel efficient , reliable, excellent value

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

It'll take more snow than that to keep this corolla off the road!

"I got this car from my grandparents with 110,000 miles. It has given me four years of reliable service with the only maintenance being scheduled oil changes, and replacing the tires and serpentine belt. I have taken it across the country twice and many places in between. It has great fuel efficiency, with a proven highway range of over 450 miles. Handles nicely at high speed and corners very well for a front wheel drive car. This corolla is intrepid in the snow - even without chains. Three adults can sit in the back, but two is more comfortable. I intend to drive this car till it dies; I'm confident it will go past 300,000 miles."

It'll take more snow than that to keep this corolla off the road!

Reliable and Gas Efficient

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I actually bought my Corolla new off of the lot in Nov of 2001. Since then I have put 127k miles on it. I have actually kept track of every fill up since we bought it and I have averaged above 35 mpg over the life of the car thus far. My last tank I got 39.4 mpg and this is 100% in town driving with stop and go traffic to work. Oil changes only every 5k miles. And, in the last 7 years since purchasing the car I have maybe put 1k into repairs for some new wheel ball bearings on one tire. Other than that the car has run flawlessly and is such a great little car. I can easily foresee another 125k miles on this thing before she goes. Great for commuting. Unlike some other reviewers, I think the car is quite comfortable, even over 400-500 mile trips. Anyway, with gas prices the way they are going I am that much more happy that I made this purchase so many years ago."

Great car-377000 miles

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Great car--period"

Cons: "for the reliability---NONE"

"The engine is original. The starter was replaced, but the alternator is still original. Still gets over 30 mpg on the highway."