2000 Toyota Corolla

8.3

Based on 566 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

A WORKHORSE!

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Great on gas, comfy, easy to drive. Good in snow."

Cons: "many plastic parts"

"This is my 4th Corolla and I don't really want to own anything else. I have had no major issues with any Corolla. This one had 100K miles when I bought it. The only thing big thing I had to replace was the Catalytic Converter. (I believe some states don't have emission control requirements for cars over a certain age, but mine does so this was necessary to pass inspection). I was able to purchase a rebuilt one from a mechanic friend. Engine, tranny and cat still strong @ 200K+ miles. Routine things that at this age, I expect to replace. Front end alignments. Brakes. But nothing major. I didn't rate it a total 10 because like most cars, it has a lot of plastic parts like door handles and cup holders. They periodically snap off. I've replaced some of them, but not all. The trim on outside of car by doors seems to come off on these models, after a few years. That's cosmetic so at this stage, I won't replace. I love my Corollas and hope to buy one more, that will take me well into my retirement."

Love this car.

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "super car"

Cons: "peeling topcoat"

"I wish it was prettier. My topcoat is peeling and it is just too much to repair. I tell everybody to get a Toyota. It always starts in the coldest weather and is so good on gas. I love my Toyota."

best car for the money by far

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "reliable, great gas mileage, good in snow"

Cons: "wish they made a Corolla hatchback"

"This car has always started, peppy, great maneuverability, excellent gas mileage even after it started burning oil (about 1 qt/month) at 120,000 miles. Have done basic maintenance and only had to fix a few things after about 120,000 miles--nothing major. Would buy another but they are making the Corolla too big now and standard transmissions seem to be disappearing in everything but sport models with no better gas mileage than 13 YEARS AGO! Can't believe TECHNOLOGY HASN'T ADVANCED IN 13 YEARS!!! ?? BTW, checked out some cars in Canada and find their cars get better gas mileage--their emissions standards are higher so they make 'em more efficient. Here we only get what the oil companies will allow. In Japan the same cars we drive get 3x the mileage!"

This is a sturdy comfortable dependable vehicle

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "comfortable ride, quiet, cost efficient,good mil"

"I have had my "Toy" for approx 9 years. It is my main and only vehicle. I bought it used (approx 56 K miles then). Upkeep normal. Kept up with my oil changes and fluid checks. replaced a set of brakes 1x. 2 sets of tires 40 K to 60 K Miles quality. I was going to go to a newer car in approx a year unfortunately a serious accident recently forces me to buy sooner. I will be looking at the newer Corolla's FOR SURE. I do believe this car was well built and saved my life. ***** 5 stars"

Great car-377000 miles

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Great car--period"

Cons: "for the reliability---NONE"

"The engine is original. The starter was replaced, but the alternator is still original. Still gets over 30 mpg on the highway."

I expected more from Toyota

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "cheap to insure"

Cons: "prohibitively expensive to keep roadworthy"

"My previous vehicle was a 1995 Tercel, and it spoiled me. It was reliable, agile and got great mileage (avg 42mpg). This Corolla is sluggish, unwieldy maneuvering, gets abt 24Mpg and has been seriously unreliable. I've had the car for a year and spent twice the purchase price on repairs, from failed brake linings, to suspension, to major engine maintenance. It had been a profound disappointment. I couldn't reconcile my previous experience with Toyota with my experience owning this car until I began to think of it as a General Motors vehicle with Toyota branding. Then the experience was familiar with previous Detroit vehicles I have owned. I could not be more disappointed. After owning this car for a year it has spent between 25 & 33% of its time in the shop."

Nice car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "High quality, strong car"

Cons: "Burns oil like a fire"

"This is a very nice car. It burns a quart of oil every gas fillup. Otherwise has been great."

Hey, it's a Toyota!!!

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"Great, reliable, inexpensive transportation. Great engine, handling and gas mileage. Easy to maintain and still running and 14 years old. Wish I had a dollar for each time I heard "it will run forever; it's a Toyota"....."

Runs really well and it's 15 years old!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Great price and good miles per gallon."

Cons: "Doesn't have a CD player."

"I have a black car. For some reason when it was 10 years old the paint started to come off. Now most of the clear coat is gone and it looks bad with a peeling paint look. I have heard from other friends who have black Toyota's and they have the same experience. The car has had no major repairs, just regular maintanace."

The most reliable vehicle ever. Excellent.

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive,Excellent gas millage."

Cons: "Wish it had a CD player."

I drive alot and having a corolla and a RAV4 and Camry and this helped keep the mileage down

"This Corolla had 83500 miles and all I replaced were batteries and windshield wipers. maintenance was by the book. I wish I didn't have to sell it. this vehicle will go 200k miles with no problems. I sold it to a college student, if I had to sell it, it would be to a student. They need a reliable transportation."