1999 Toyota Corolla

8.4

Based on 605 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

I love it!

By on Thursday, January 3, 2008

"I really love this car. It is great on gas, and so dependable. Great for hauling my kayaks on the roof with no problem. Use for carpool for last six years and all four adult pasengers were comfortable in it. I'll always stick with Toyota."

smart ride

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"I bought this car with 21k on it. have had it for 51/2 years now has 152k. repl one air sensor and normal maintenance(brake pads, tires,belt, battery) that is it. Gets 35mpg and does have a little pickup. Smart ride for the 10k I paid. Other friends moan about troubles with audis, saabs etc. but I just keep on driving. A little cramped but hey, you can't have everything. Take it skiing and camping and it works okay."

Very Reliable Vehicle

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"We bought a Corolla a few years ago, it's been a great little car. It has 197,000 miles on it and no major problems to speak of. I would reccomend a Toyota to everyone!"

Awesome Car

By on Thursday, August 2, 2007

"This car has been the best car, i've been on several long trips with it with no problems!!"

Good Car for the money!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"I have had my car for 6 years. @ 90,000 was the first repairs I needed to make and that was replacing front brake pads. Kept up with general maint. and the car has been great. I've nicknamed it my Baby Lexus. Great on gas and low on repairs. Gets around good in the winter (live in the snow belt). Would recommend this car to anyone who does a lot of commuting, like myself. Very reliable. Will buy another Toyota, well worth the money."

This is a sturdy comfortable dependable vehicle

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "comfortable ride, quiet, cost efficient,good mil"

"I have had my "Toy" for approx 9 years. It is my main and only vehicle. I bought it used (approx 56 K miles then). Upkeep normal. Kept up with my oil changes and fluid checks. replaced a set of brakes 1x. 2 sets of tires 40 K to 60 K Miles quality. I was going to go to a newer car in approx a year unfortunately a serious accident recently forces me to buy sooner. I will be looking at the newer Corolla's FOR SURE. I do believe this car was well built and saved my life. ***** 5 stars"

Runs really well and it's 15 years old!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Great price and good miles per gallon."

Cons: "Doesn't have a CD player."

"I have a black car. For some reason when it was 10 years old the paint started to come off. Now most of the clear coat is gone and it looks bad with a peeling paint look. I have heard from other friends who have black Toyota's and they have the same experience. The car has had no major repairs, just regular maintanace."

Best vehicle I've owned , low maintenance costs.

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Pros: "Overall good price over long term."

"Good design both inside & out. Well made car. Made in Tennessee even though it's a Toyota. Would advise family and friends to buy used or new Corollas."

happy drive for 1 or 2

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "good gas, low maintenance costs and reliable"

Cons: "no back wiper, not the best choice for baby"

"A go go car that is easy on the wallet and it makes a statement by being so invisible.....sure it rattles your bones but that reminds you to slow down, sure it drifts with every wind but that also reminds you to slow down and after 13 years the headlights are not as perky as they once were which also suggests you should slow down. This '99 car owes me nothing . I prefer my money in a bank not a car!"

Very Reliable and Economical

By on Friday, October 4, 2013

"I have owned this 2001 Corolla type-S since purchasing private party in 2009. This car has been very reliable and economical. It offers worry-free ownership and simple maintenance! A no frills performer!"

I absolutely LOVE my corolla 2001

By on Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, price, quality, reliability"

Cons: "no real bells and whistles, just basic necessities"

"I have owned it since 2000 (brand new) and the most I have had to do is replace the brakes and clutch-completely routine normal maintenance. I recommend this car to anyone who values reliability, mpg, and quality."

This car always gets me from A to B-very reliable

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

"This car is very reliable, I usually drive about 65 miles back and forth from work every day, and it has never failed me. I do have a few things i am not very happy with. The electric windows in the front have weak power. and the door handles in the front needed replacing because they wore out very quickly. I recently wrecked in it, from hydroplayning at 60mph and slamed into the cement devidor, and was very happy with how well the car took it. (no one was hurt) and the car will be fixed for under 1,000..."

Drive it till the wheels fall off!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"I have taken great pains to take care of my car. With over 200K miles, it's obvious that it has taken care of me too. It burns oil but I'm not too concerned considering the mileage. Still gets great gas mileage at 32 in the city for average. Interior and exterior have held up to our family of four, although it does have some ugly places of torn molding around the windows... mostly where we hang our arms out the window in the summer. If you have a chance to get one with less miles, consider that most cars die long before the corolla!"

i love this car.

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"The Toyota Corolla mostly aims to please the average consumer. Ride quality is smooth and quiet, while the car's handling is adequate but uninspired. This trend continues in the cabin, where there's nothing flashy about the design. Materials quality is only average for this class; however, the control layout is as simple and organized as they come. There's ample room in the backseat."

THE BEST ECONOMICAL CAR

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cons: "no CD player"

"Our car have the best gas mileage. We bought this car brand new last June 2000, and until now we still own and drive it for 11 years without any major repair issues."

2001 Toyota Corolla S

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"I've owned my Corolla for six years and it has been very reliable. After 137,000 miles, no major repairs - other than the paint & oil pan gasket ($250). The paint on the top and front hood have faded and the interior door handles had to be replaced. I've know of other Corolla owners to complain of the same defects. Overall, it's easy on gas, very reliable, and runs great."

Excellent starter car

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"This is my first car, bought the car 6 months ago, drove 7K miles, no issues so far, excellent car, decent mileage, excellent AC/heater, love it! hope this car stays for a while with me! go for it!"

Love my 2000 Corolla VE

By on Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"I purchased my 2000 Corolla new in January 2000, and it is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have put 160,000 miles on it. It still gets 30 mpg city and between 35-40 mpg highway. The only major expenses I have had, other than routine maintenance (I keep the oil changed every 3000 miles and have put three sets of tires on it) have been the catalytic converter (@$500) and the expansion valve on the air conditioner (also @$500). The one and only negative about this car, as you will see from other reviewers, is for some reason the designer put the cupholders in the front seat in a position that interferes with the CD player, and you can't charge your phone and have a second drink in the cupholders. A very minor issue for an incredibly well-made, reliable car. I highly recommend this vehicle. I have never owned a car this long, or put this many miles on one, without having new car fever. I just don't see a reason to put the money out for a new car when this one is so great. Hope to put another 100,000 miles on it."

Keeps on going

By on Sunday, September 19, 2010

"My Dad bought me this car (used) near the end of Jr. year of college and I am still driving it almost 10 years later. It has been extremely reliable. The only thing I had to replace, other than typical wear and tear (i.e. serpentine belt, brake pads) was the water pump and I think my starter might be on its way out. Considering I've logged 175,000 miles on this thing, driven it on Mt. roads it was NEVER intended to go to on, and driven it across the country countless times, I think that's pretty good. It's not the most stylish thing ever, but I love it's reliability. Not to mention, there is some sentimental value since my Dad got it for me and it is, and still is, my first car."

The Best

By on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Yes, this is the best car I've ever owned. In ten years of driving, I've had no problems at all with it. I just might keep it forever."

By on Friday, June 5, 2009

"The corolla is definately a very dependable car. I bought my 2000 toyota corolla used in 2004 with 60K miles and now it has 210K. I have only replaced regular parts such as brakes and a battery. The corolla is NOT the most stylish cars but is definately a dependable one! Would recommend to anyone!!"

crash resistant

By on Saturday, May 23, 2009

"I can't vouch for many things about this car except the fact that my daughter totaled it 3 wks after we bought it used. The air bags LITERALLY saved her life. She came out with only minor bruises on her knees from the dash......her face and chest were perfectly intact. It seemed to be a great car before that.....a bit of a rough ride but I expect it's because of the short wheel base. It was a plain jane model but i'm thankful for its safety value!"

Keep on going and GOING!!

By on Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Girlfriend bough it brand new in 01. Now she is my wife and it is our family spare. Now I drive a Benz and wife drive a BMW. The little Corolla had only gone to dealer twice for its 60K and 100K mile maintenance in the past 8 years while the Benz and BMW had went....at least 20 times each in the past 3 year......In the first 60K miles, the only maintence the Rola got are the 3k mile oil change by those oil change station (CHEAP oil/filter). Now it's 130K miles and nothing had ever broke, A/C still cold, power everything works. No strange noise. Easily 33 mpg overall (and I drive like a idiot). Start right up at first turn. SUPER Easy to work on, too. I had done my own oil, brake, spark plug on the Rola ....all for the first time! Plenty of instruction and cheap parts available online. I am pretty sure it will outlast the newer BMW and Benz in my garage."

corolla ce

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"i purchist this car brand new in 01 and now it has a little over 300k miles yea i do alot of driving and this little monster is still running strong,30-38 miles per galon can't beet that, just keep up with the maint. oil change every 2,500miles and basic tune up and they keep on going, peoples eyes light up when i tell them miles lol.. for my next car u got toyota when this one dies and thats not any time soon lol..."

Nice car!

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"I have owned my corrola for 3+ years now. It has been a great car. Haven't had to do a thing to it besides change the oil and fan belt. Just normal maintenance. These cars ride and drive great. They aren't a power house but they will get you out of the way if need be. Gets good gas millage. Befor I bought this car I had a Tercell. I actualy like the Tercell a little better but it had 230,000 miles on it when I got rid of it. These are definantly a good work car or good first car."