1998 Toyota Corolla

8.4

Based on 591 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Still one of Toyota's best!

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, great MPG, fits in compact spaces"

Cons: "Lightweight and probably not safe in an accident"

"I couldn't ask for a better little A to B commuter car! Its the most reliable, fuel efficient vehicle I have ever owned by far. Everything works like it should and it has never once let me down. My only concern is safety since its so lightweight. It does come with duel airbags so you might walk away from a crash unharmed but the car will totaled."

Best car for the price!

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "great fuel economy, fantastic reliability"

Cons: "small for more than 3 people"

"I own this car and have over 220,000 km on it. Other than regular service (oil, tires, brakes, muffler) I have not fixed or replaced a single major component. In fact, even most of the bulbs are still original. The car is somewhat small for four large people (back seat is small) but is an ideal commuter car for 1 or 2 people. I still get 500 km per tank of gas!"

Great Point A - Point B Car

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, good price"

Cons: "Cramped back seat,"

"I have been driving this car for about 4 years now. It has a few old car problems (i.e. worn key cylinder) but it has been heavily driven and slightly abused by it's previous owners. Despite that the car runs like a dream. It will get you wherever you need to go, not with much style or power, but it will get you there safely and reliably. All I ever really need to do is give it an oil change! I get about 28MPG in the winter and 32MPG in the summer. On size, I am about 5'11" and I bought it from a guy who fit just fine at 6'2". So the front seat really has no room issues. The back seat, however, can be quite cramped for your average person."

Wonderful

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"I have owned this car for 4-5 years now. I have not had a single problem with it. Very reliable. I've only replaced the tires and rims (Silver), which made the car look a lot nicer and updated. I also put in a new cd player. I found the stereo system was quite good already. It's the perfect size for me (5'6'') It has amazing gas mileage, it's actually pretty fun to drive (it's pretty zippy I THINK), comfortable for my size and weight, it's easy to park, and just all around great value. It's a great first car for doing a lot of commuting, like myself. I'm afraid I'll never get another car until this one completely dies. (Which will save me lots of money, even if I get bored with the car) The few downsides on my car are that I don't have power doors, locks, windows, etc, which can be annoying at times. Also, the car IS so lightweight feeling sometimes that in high winds you have to drive more carefully, it's not very high in style on the inside or out (but there's nothing wrong with simplicity), the back seat is pretty tight for leg room, but considering no one is ever in my back seat I don't really care."

My corolla

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"My corolla is a great car for a small family or single person. It gets great gas mileage. about a year before my warranty ran out my motor had to be replaced because it was drinking a quart of oil a week. I had a brand new motor put it in and now it runs great."