1998 Toyota Corolla

8.3

Based on 545 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great gas mileage, pickup, and reliability

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, good on gas, good in snow, great pickup"

Cons: "No remote lock, style a bit dated"

"I have done nothing to this car except standard maintenance for the past 16 years. Sure it is not the most stylish ride, and I still have a cassette radio, but this car has been reliable in the cold and snows of Buffalo, the potholes of the west side highway in NYC, and gunning it onto the 405 in LA. Still runs great, cheap to maintain, great pickup, and better on gas than most current cars( 22 mpg in parking lot style city traffic, 28 mpg in mixed city/ highway driving, 35 mpg for highway) which is down slightly from its youth but still great. Safe, sturdy, great in snow. I stretched to buy a reliable, safe car when I got this. Could have replaced it years ago with anything I wanted. Aside from the aesthetic, this is still a great car and shows no sign of slowing down."

i love this little car

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "comfortable and fun"

Cons: "hard to get in and out"

"rides a little like a gocart but I expected that. handling is excellent, a fun car to drive. seats are very comfortable and the design of the interior is convenient. the not so great side, the engine uses oil and no one knows why.it doesn't leak and it doesn't smoke yet We add a quart about every 300-400 miles. the engine runs fine otherwise."

Best vehicle for starters

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Excellent AC, good conditions everything."

Cons: "Exterior not so neat.Needs paint,that's it.White."

"Never let me down in the road.Economic, very reliable, fun to drive.Good performance never had a major expenditure in mechanic stores.Window tinted.Good Stereo with CD-new, not the original."

Comfy, good MPG, plenty of space

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Reason: time for upgrade

Pros: "Good space, good MPG, comfy"

Cons: "Low power, costly repair potential"

"Great car, good first car, well worth it's cost. Ran for years and was well cared for. Started going bad and became high way unworthy at about 165k miles but great city vehicle. roughly 24mpg in the city."

1999 Toyota Corolla - Best Car I Ever Owned

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, good gas mileage, easy upkeep"

Cons: "Small parts break over time (e.g. door handle)"

"I have owned my Toyota Corolla for 15 years. NEVER did it break down on me, nor did I ever fear it would. The Corolla was such an easy car to own. It always drove well, has a good turning radius, and all it asked of the owner is regular, standard upkeep and maintenance. In return, I received reliability, smooth driving and all anyone could ever ask for in this class of vehicle for everyday use. The gas mileage has always been above average, and I could go forever before having to refuel, on about a ten-gallon tank. It was decently comfortable. The only complaint I have is that after ten years, the door lock automation no longer works, the power windows do not all roll down, and the driver side door handle broke off with normal use. Those things needed higher quality parts, as this is a vehicle folks expect to own for life. I still see Corollas on the road, which are decades older than my 1999. That is the reason I originally decided on the car when I was in College."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25