1997 Toyota Corolla

Based on 448 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Very Dependable Car

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Good on gas; great trunk space"

Cons: "Not a date magnet"

"I purchase this car in March 1997. It has never failed me It was my first Toyota. It is a second car. When the gas is expensive I love the car. I am not a fan of economy cars but this one is fine and it serves it purpose to get me from a - z. I initially complained about the noise from the wind because I am more used to a higher end quieter car. The car is dependable and cheap on repairs. The body was not a attractive as the Honda for that year but I was told my car might be where I parked it when I returned. So I drove off in my Toyota."

long term value on moderate investment

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "great gas milage, cheap to own"

Cons: "getting up there in years and milage"

"Purchased in 2006 (14 years old then) with 170,000 miles for $2,000. Still running in 2014 with 260,000 miles. Reliable around town car, great for teenage son getting to school, sports, work and friends, with lots of room for extra stuff (sports equipment) in the back. Still use it for hauling larger stuff from the hardware and garden stores. Engine and transmission running very good, body deteriorating in wheel wells and under door frames. No excessive rattling, vibrating or leaking beyond what you would expect with a car of this age. Average around 28 to 33 mpg in suburb/rural and highway driving."

Great first car

By on Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage, AC and heat work after 18 years"

Cons: "Not very powerful, light car"

"Great first car for any new driver! Not very powerful, but one of the most reliable cars on the road"

best deal

By on Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, excellent response, easy to park"

Cons: "no interval wipers, no cruise control"

"I bought this car in 2004. My brother said it wouldn't last and I paid too much for it ($8000). I've only had to do a few repairs such as brakes, oil pan gasket and head gasket. This car has never let me down, never left me stranded. Since I'm only 5'2", this car is the perfect size for me. The body is still in pretty good condition with minimal rust. It's not the car for everyone; my husband calls it 'the go-cart' but I love it! I'm going to be trading it in on a slightly larger car, that he can enjoy driving as well and I'll be sad to see it go. I expect to see it driving around town for a long time to come. Great little car!"

I can't say enough good things about this car.

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

"I commute 60 miles a day, and so I bought this car for $3400 2 years ago specifically for economical reasons. I have put approx 30,000 miles on it. Today its got 120,000 miles on it. I priced it just to see what it's worth now and to my surprise it was around $3200. $200 for 2 years and $30000 miles! Not bad! It still drives and handles identically to when I bought it. The only thing I've had to do is change the oil and put gas in it. I also put brand new tires on it, but this car gives me practically no problems. The clear coat is starting to peal a bit but I live in a hot sunny climate and it is out doors 24 hours a day."