1997 Toyota Corolla

Based on 442 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Tried and True Car

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Attractive Build, Small, Great on Gas"

Cons: "Old."

"I am the happy owner of the 1994 Toyota Corolla. This car is over 17/18 years old now, however, with proper upkeep and maintenance I'm pretty sure this car could last for another decade or so. The only way to really tell wear/tear on this well-maintained car now is the slightly peeling paint on the front. Other than that, the usual major repairs/maintenance that is necessary for any older car: replaced the shocks (once), brake pads replaced (twice), passenger-side power window switch replaced (once), driver-side seat belt replaced (once), tape deck upgraded to cd player (once) in the 17 years my family has owned it. If it weren't so old I would definitely sell it for some money,however, when I do get a new car I will most likely give this car to a close family member for free. It's old but it still reliably takes one from point A to point B, C, D, and so on. This is my first car and I will always hold fond memories of it! Over 300,000 miles and still trucking (or car-ing in this instance!)"

very reliable

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I bought my '93 toyota corolla at the beginning of my senior year of college with 134,000 miles. I am now about to start my first year of graduate school (5 1/2 years later!!) and it is still running great!!! It now has 206,000 miles on it. I have driven it back and forth to San Francisco about 5 times (from LA).... it has never let me down! I am still a poor college student trying to finish school and I'm glad I have my corolla because it has saved me a lot of money!... Also, I am a girl, and was away at college for 4 years so would not really follow the oil changes, etc when they had to be done.. and it is still running strong.... I will definetly buy a new corolla when i finish with school..."

Very Dependable Car

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Good on gas; great trunk space"

Cons: "Not a date magnet"

"I purchase this car in March 1997. It has never failed me It was my first Toyota. It is a second car. When the gas is expensive I love the car. I am not a fan of economy cars but this one is fine and it serves it purpose to get me from a - z. I initially complained about the noise from the wind because I am more used to a higher end quieter car. The car is dependable and cheap on repairs. The body was not a attractive as the Honda for that year but I was told my car might be where I parked it when I returned. So I drove off in my Toyota."

290000 miles and still purring

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "great gas milage, simple, reliable, great car"

Cons: "not so fun to drive (compaired to a WRX)"

"Got this car from a family member to replace my dying Blazer. My Corolla has 290000 miles on it now and she still purrs like a kitten. Though it has limited options the car is still comfortable and still gets 30 mpg. Love this car in all of its simplicity."

Dependable

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I bought this car 2 years ago to save fuel costs over my SUV. Had 121,000 then; has 176,000 now and has yet to let me down other than a broken P/S belt right after I bought it which I consider normal wear & tear. Stying? Well I am economically conservative (that's politically correct for 'tight wad') and this car typifies that plain-Jane lifestyle. But who cares? It's dependable, comfortable even for 6 hour drives, ecomomical, practical - how does 40-41 mpg on the highway sound? My goal- 200,000, then 250,000, then...? It's capable. Trust an engineer to do his homework. The '93 to '97 models seem to offer the best value for the buck."