1996 Toyota Corolla

Based on 423 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Love this car

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

"This car has been very reliable, its good on gas and I can count on it being there for me. I have kept the normal upkeep of it (oil replacement, and schedule maintenance, etc) and it just keeps on going."

i LOVE IT, GOOD ON GAS AND VERY GOOD TO MAINTANCE

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

"I LOVE THIS CAR, I HAVE IT FOR SEVERAL YEARS, IS VERY ECONOMIC, (36 MILES PER GALLON)I DON'T HAVE TO BE WORRIED ABOUT NEED OIL IF I CHANGE MY OIL EVERY 3000 MILES I DON'T HAVE TO CHECK THAT EVERY TIME AND WHEN I DO THE CHANGES THE OIL LOOKS STILL USABLE,ALWAYS START IN THE MORNING, VERY COMFORTABLE TO DRIVE SPECIALLY ON LONG TRIPS, COOL A/C AND VERY TRUST ABLE."

Very Dependable Car

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Good on gas; great trunk space"

Cons: "Not a date magnet"

"I purchase this car in March 1997. It has never failed me It was my first Toyota. It is a second car. When the gas is expensive I love the car. I am not a fan of economy cars but this one is fine and it serves it purpose to get me from a - z. I initially complained about the noise from the wind because I am more used to a higher end quieter car. The car is dependable and cheap on repairs. The body was not a attractive as the Honda for that year but I was told my car might be where I parked it when I returned. So I drove off in my Toyota."

Best. Vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Drives and handles super easy. Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Would like a better radio."

"I love my Toyota......best car I have ever owned"

Tried and True Car

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Attractive Build, Small, Great on Gas"

Cons: "Old."

"I am the happy owner of the 1994 Toyota Corolla. This car is over 17/18 years old now, however, with proper upkeep and maintenance I'm pretty sure this car could last for another decade or so. The only way to really tell wear/tear on this well-maintained car now is the slightly peeling paint on the front. Other than that, the usual major repairs/maintenance that is necessary for any older car: replaced the shocks (once), brake pads replaced (twice), passenger-side power window switch replaced (once), driver-side seat belt replaced (once), tape deck upgraded to cd player (once) in the 17 years my family has owned it. If it weren't so old I would definitely sell it for some money,however, when I do get a new car I will most likely give this car to a close family member for free. It's old but it still reliably takes one from point A to point B, C, D, and so on. This is my first car and I will always hold fond memories of it! Over 300,000 miles and still trucking (or car-ing in this instance!)"

Great car good gas mileage very reliable

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "safe, reliable, economical, cheap to fix, spacious"

Cons: "Beware automatics at high miles"

"This car is outstanding for a 4-door economical car. Even after 178k miles I still manage 35mpg. I've had it since it's had 140k miles on it and it's only been in the shop for minor things. However, on my car the transmission, which is automatic, is starting to show its age. 2nd gear is impossible to get into without taking my foot completely off the gas, and reapplying it. If I let it do it "automatically" like it should since it IS an automatic it will slip into the gear very harshly. So, if you're looking to by one of these cars used make sure all the gears shift properly in high-RPM's, or just get a manual (Which are pretty rare). Besides the transmission problem I highly suggest one of these cars to anyone looking for a cheap, reliable, safe, and gas saving car that has a very well balanced amount of power. Also, on my car everything works properly for comfort. Air conditioning, heater, speaker system, cruise control. It's all there and works flawlessly."

good reliable vehicle

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "great price, comfortable to drive, gas mileage"

Cons: "not very fancy at all"

"the car gets great gas mileage and is extremely reliable. doesnt look like much and isnt the fanciest thing ever, but still a good car."

Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Extremely dependable vehicle. Has been parked out in frigid MN winters and never failed to start. Still operating on the original clutch with 160,000 miles. Fun manual transmission to drive. Has been a great commuter car."

290000 miles and still purring

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "great gas milage, simple, reliable, great car"

Cons: "not so fun to drive (compaired to a WRX)"

"Got this car from a family member to replace my dying Blazer. My Corolla has 290000 miles on it now and she still purrs like a kitten. Though it has limited options the car is still comfortable and still gets 30 mpg. Love this car in all of its simplicity."

18 years old and still runs well!

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "2 cup holders that don't fit modern cups"

"My family bought this car used many years ago. I learned to drive on it and later received it as a graduation gift. She's had her share of problems, all related to standard wear and tear. 18 years old and she's never failed an emissions test. I can still get 400 miles to the tank all highway driving and about 300 off highway. I don't treat her the way a car enthusiast might. She's a bit beat, but continues to run well. The only reason I'm considering a new car is because she hit the 200,000 mark and needs a lot of routine repairs that cost more than she's worth. I promised I'd run her into the ground and I plan to do the same with my next Corolla. It's a wonderful car and will easily last a long time."

Very dependable, excellent car

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

"bought this car from my mom who was original owner. This car is very, very, very dependable, would not sell if my son had not bought himself a newer version. Kept the car maintained by Toyota dealership and it has lasted far more years than I had expected."

Great car, gets me everywhere, never wanna sell it

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"I got the car at 186000 shes needed some work but with that and proper maintenance i ddont see her ever dyin'-however i want a truck."

Great quality vehicle and very reliable.

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great on gas!!"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"This was my first car that I bought and I loved it. It is very reliable and FANTASTIC on gas. Makes a great first car for a new driver."

1994 Toyota Corolla BEST CAR EVER!!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"This is my first car, and I love it!!! The gas mileage is great and it is very very dependable. In my opinion Toyota doesn't make bad car!"

extremely reliable

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "durability"

Cons: "electrical system; fuel pumps"

"Owned the car for sixteen years and have had very few problems over all this time. Economical as maintenance costs are minimal."

This car has been good to me.

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Long term cost with lack of break downs saves $$$"

Cons: "could be bigger inside but then get a Camery"

"This car has saved me alot of money over others by not needing repairs, 30 miles to a gallon. Top MPG was 36 with no AC and driving 70 MPH all freeway. Interior held up very well."

Great car

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, cargo space, repair record."

Cons: "Uncomfortable back seat."

"I bought this car new in July 1995 and am still driving it. It's reliable, gets good gas mileage, has good cargo space, yet is the size of the Corolla sedan. I had trouble with is at 22,900 miles and 44,000 miles, when the clutch went out. Toyota replaced the clutches and I have not had a problem in the last 70,000 miles. Other repairs have been minor. The most serious was a new alternator a few years ago. The exhaust system is original. Toyota discontinued the Corolla wagon in 1996. I wish they would bring it back. I'd buy another one. However, as well as this one is lasting, it will be a few years before I need another car. Two weeks ago a stranger in a parking lot asked if I wanted to sell the car and offered to pay cash. I did not even consider it. I love my car!"

I can't say enough good things about this car.

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

"I commute 60 miles a day, and so I bought this car for $3400 2 years ago specifically for economical reasons. I have put approx 30,000 miles on it. Today its got 120,000 miles on it. I priced it just to see what it's worth now and to my surprise it was around $3200. $200 for 2 years and $30000 miles! Not bad! It still drives and handles identically to when I bought it. The only thing I've had to do is change the oil and put gas in it. I also put brand new tires on it, but this car gives me practically no problems. The clear coat is starting to peal a bit but I live in a hot sunny climate and it is out doors 24 hours a day."

greatest

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "cheap and fun to drive"

"man i bought a corolla dx for 300 and put 90000 on it this car is great would definantly recommend this car to anyone"

Perfect Car

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Just change the oil and keep up maintenance the car will last forever."

Superior construction and reliability.

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"I'm so thankful for its superior construction and reliability over the past 13 years I've owned this 1994 Corolla. I had to buy rust treatment in a bottle 2 years ago, but it chemically bonded with the rust along the bottom and behind the rear wheel well."

Great balance between style and economical

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliability, style, and comfort"

Cons: "Slightly underpowered but fine for all driving."

Before I did some customizing, this is a great little car.

"I recently traded a large SUV with a gas guzzling engine for this Toyota Corolla. I commute over 80 miles a day for work. It runs smooth and drives great. It has amazing gas mileage, I pay about $50.00 a week in gas when I used to pay triple that. It has style, which I like in a car/truck, but it is also practical. I have two kids so the 4-door is great. I am a pretty big guy at 6'2" and 220 lbs, and I have room to spare in this Corolla. Toyota is known for it's long lasting and reliable vehicles, so I would absolutely recommend a Corolla to friends and family."

Before I did some customizing, this is a great little car.

Die-Hard Workhorse. Amazing Gas mileage on Highway

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas mileage. Reliable."

Cons: "Bad for dates. Might get laughed at."

"Got this car as a Christmas present in 2010. It sat in the driveway over winter with two flat tires and a dead battery. Thought I would get it running in spring. So it sat there all winter. Previous owners got in an accident with it and deployed both airbags which they did not replace. The front end was repaired on the most part. When spring came and I charged the battery, I was amazed that it started up right away with little or no smoke. Fixed the tires and it drove remarkably well. When I moved to Virginia in the fall, I was hesitant that the car would make it. It not only made it, but did so with distinction. The has mileage amazed me. I filled the tank from Northern Ohio and drove to the Washington DC area, via through West Virginia. I still had half a tank left! On the other hand, just driving around town and such the gas mileage isn't that great. Taking road trips with this car is great. Even though the car was in an accident to the point of deploying its airbags, when I was driving 70, I let go of the wheel, and it stayed steady and true. Just keep checking the fluids on a regular basis. The oil and water of course, for they tend to get low for no reason but not really bad. It is not the best looking car and I joke that it is just a glamorous go-cart, it runs great, takes a beating, gets great mileage on the highway and very reliable if you treat it right. It is a work horse and love it. One of the best Christmas presents I received. :)"

its been a great car

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "great on gas, cheap to maintain,"

Cons: "kinda small for tall husband (get the matrix)"

"Ive had this car for 4 years. No problems with it. We had to replace the radiator cap ($16) and break fluid line. Loved the car so much we just bought a newer Toyota Matrix to replace it. I love Toyota, we have two of them, they can run forever. If I could drive this car forever I would have but new baby needs car newer than 16 years old (updated safety features)"

37 MPG