1995 Toyota Corolla

Based on 440 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Tried and True Car

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Attractive Build, Small, Great on Gas"

Cons: "Old."

"I am the happy owner of the 1994 Toyota Corolla. This car is over 17/18 years old now, however, with proper upkeep and maintenance I'm pretty sure this car could last for another decade or so. The only way to really tell wear/tear on this well-maintained car now is the slightly peeling paint on the front. Other than that, the usual major repairs/maintenance that is necessary for any older car: replaced the shocks (once), brake pads replaced (twice), passenger-side power window switch replaced (once), driver-side seat belt replaced (once), tape deck upgraded to cd player (once) in the 17 years my family has owned it. If it weren't so old I would definitely sell it for some money,however, when I do get a new car I will most likely give this car to a close family member for free. It's old but it still reliably takes one from point A to point B, C, D, and so on. This is my first car and I will always hold fond memories of it! Over 300,000 miles and still trucking (or car-ing in this instance!)"

Love this car

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

"This car has been very reliable, its good on gas and I can count on it being there for me. I have kept the normal upkeep of it (oil replacement, and schedule maintenance, etc) and it just keeps on going."

very reliable

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I bought my '93 toyota corolla at the beginning of my senior year of college with 134,000 miles. I am now about to start my first year of graduate school (5 1/2 years later!!) and it is still running great!!! It now has 206,000 miles on it. I have driven it back and forth to San Francisco about 5 times (from LA).... it has never let me down! I am still a poor college student trying to finish school and I'm glad I have my corolla because it has saved me a lot of money!... Also, I am a girl, and was away at college for 4 years so would not really follow the oil changes, etc when they had to be done.. and it is still running strong.... I will definetly buy a new corolla when i finish with school..."

Very Dependable Car

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Good on gas; great trunk space"

Cons: "Not a date magnet"

"I purchase this car in March 1997. It has never failed me It was my first Toyota. It is a second car. When the gas is expensive I love the car. I am not a fan of economy cars but this one is fine and it serves it purpose to get me from a - z. I initially complained about the noise from the wind because I am more used to a higher end quieter car. The car is dependable and cheap on repairs. The body was not a attractive as the Honda for that year but I was told my car might be where I parked it when I returned. So I drove off in my Toyota."

freakin sweet car

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "good on gas"

Cons: "only two tiny cup holders"

"this car never ceases to astonish me. I originally bought it from my aunt at 265,000 miles and i had no faith in the car. i mean the coolant was rusted water. but even then that car still keeps kickin' and hasn't given me any problems. i change the oil every 3000 miles and other than that no maintenance required. yes, the cup holders are small and theres no rear cup holders. but she will treat you right if you treat her right and change the fluids at proper intervals. shes so good to me, im looking for another one in case she don't make it to 400,000. but if she don't make it what more could i have asked shes made it this far and i thank her for it."

Cheap and Cheerful does not exist

By on Thursday, December 06, 2012

Pros: "good on gas, good value. good economy car."

Cons: "no ABS, no tach, cheap feel, bouncy/loud ride"

"This car has been in my family for 18 years since we bought it new in 1994 (we bought a 95 model, DX Wagon). It currently has 170,000 miles on it and it has only broken down once. We were on a trip to San Diego and the engine overheated. I'll start with the good. The car never breaks down. I never have to cross my fingers when I turn the ignition, because it starts every time. The gear changes are surprisingly good for a four speed. (Note: If your corolla does not have an Overdrive switch on the gear lever, it's a 3 speed). The A/C still works like a charm and starts quickly. It's very cold, however. The car is also extremely good with fuel, it only sips instead of binge drinking, saving you a lot of $$. The ride is surprisingly comfortable when compared to my friend's 2010 civic or my mother's 2010 prius. If you have the stock cassette player, you can adjust the sound balance. You can increase the stereo balance from left to right, front to back. You can adjust the treble and bass as well. The car is very easy to drive and has a cavernous trunk, and has great visibility. The steering is very light as well. The brakes, despite being front disc/rear drum without ABS work really well in stopping the car. The car actually weighs less than an Mazda MX-5 Miata. Now, we go on to the bad. The tire roar/road noise is extremely loud. If you set the radio volume to a decent volume at a traffic light, as soon as you set off the road noise drowns out whatever you were listening to. It can get very tiresome on long journeys. Along with the loud noise, the car gets very bouncy on bumpy roads due to its soft suspension. if you are driving over a uneven surface at 30-40 mph, it turns into a floppy barge. The car also has extremely low ground clearance, and I have hit my head a few times getting into the drivers seat. The car's ground clearance is 5.7 inches, compared to the 5.1 inches of a Ferrari 599 GTB. And I can't lie, this is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. The interior is rather ugly as well. The interior features hard plastics and cheap vinyl. You can feel the cheapness whenever you touch a button. The rear seats are very uncomfortable and have very minimal leg room. Very uncomfortable if you are an adult, but ok for children. The front seats are not very comfortable either, you'll have to stop and stretch your legs on long journeys. There isn't a whole lot of headroom, and if you're tall and put the seat back, no one will be able to sit behind you. Despite being able to adjust the cassette/radio, it has terrible sound. If you are an audiophile, this will be a huge disappointment. Over the years the car has grown old and arthritic and developed some problems: -The rear left hand side door won't open -The rear window motors are on their last legs -The rear seats do not click into place. Under hard braking, they collapse. -The cup holder is broken. The little plastic bit that holds you drinks has broken, and so has the spring, so if you push it back in it won't come out. One thing to note about the 1995 model is that the 95 model has a different shaped intake and anti-pollution system than the previous years, so it produces 105 horsepower and 117 lb-foot torque instead of 115 horsepower and 115 lb-foot torque. Overall, if you are just looking for basic, reliable transport, this is the car for you. It is a reliable car and will probably keep going for another 80,000 or so miles."

290000 miles and still purring

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "great gas milage, simple, reliable, great car"

Cons: "not so fun to drive (compaired to a WRX)"

"Got this car from a family member to replace my dying Blazer. My Corolla has 290000 miles on it now and she still purrs like a kitten. Though it has limited options the car is still comfortable and still gets 30 mpg. Love this car in all of its simplicity."

Dependable

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I bought this car 2 years ago to save fuel costs over my SUV. Had 121,000 then; has 176,000 now and has yet to let me down other than a broken P/S belt right after I bought it which I consider normal wear & tear. Stying? Well I am economically conservative (that's politically correct for 'tight wad') and this car typifies that plain-Jane lifestyle. But who cares? It's dependable, comfortable even for 6 hour drives, ecomomical, practical - how does 40-41 mpg on the highway sound? My goal- 200,000, then 250,000, then...? It's capable. Trust an engineer to do his homework. The '93 to '97 models seem to offer the best value for the buck."

Great first car

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage, AC and heat work after 18 years"

Cons: "Not very powerful, light car"

"Great first car for any new driver! Not very powerful, but one of the most reliable cars on the road"

Best vehile ever with no problems

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "great on gas, everthing still works"

"I bought this car in 2000 with 96000mi.I have 214000 Mi on it now. I have replaced one half shaft, starter, and alternator and all schedule maintenance. Best car ever. I would recommend this car to anyone. Good for a first car."