1995 Toyota Corolla

Based on 442 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Tried and True Car

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Attractive Build, Small, Great on Gas"

Cons: "Old."

"I am the happy owner of the 1994 Toyota Corolla. This car is over 17/18 years old now, however, with proper upkeep and maintenance I'm pretty sure this car could last for another decade or so. The only way to really tell wear/tear on this well-maintained car now is the slightly peeling paint on the front. Other than that, the usual major repairs/maintenance that is necessary for any older car: replaced the shocks (once), brake pads replaced (twice), passenger-side power window switch replaced (once), driver-side seat belt replaced (once), tape deck upgraded to cd player (once) in the 17 years my family has owned it. If it weren't so old I would definitely sell it for some money,however, when I do get a new car I will most likely give this car to a close family member for free. It's old but it still reliably takes one from point A to point B, C, D, and so on. This is my first car and I will always hold fond memories of it! Over 300,000 miles and still trucking (or car-ing in this instance!)"

very reliable

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I bought my '93 toyota corolla at the beginning of my senior year of college with 134,000 miles. I am now about to start my first year of graduate school (5 1/2 years later!!) and it is still running great!!! It now has 206,000 miles on it. I have driven it back and forth to San Francisco about 5 times (from LA).... it has never let me down! I am still a poor college student trying to finish school and I'm glad I have my corolla because it has saved me a lot of money!... Also, I am a girl, and was away at college for 4 years so would not really follow the oil changes, etc when they had to be done.. and it is still running strong.... I will definetly buy a new corolla when i finish with school..."

Very Dependable Car

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Good on gas; great trunk space"

Cons: "Not a date magnet"

"I purchase this car in March 1997. It has never failed me It was my first Toyota. It is a second car. When the gas is expensive I love the car. I am not a fan of economy cars but this one is fine and it serves it purpose to get me from a - z. I initially complained about the noise from the wind because I am more used to a higher end quieter car. The car is dependable and cheap on repairs. The body was not a attractive as the Honda for that year but I was told my car might be where I parked it when I returned. So I drove off in my Toyota."

Great first car

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage, AC and heat work after 18 years"

Cons: "Not very powerful, light car"

"Great first car for any new driver! Not very powerful, but one of the most reliable cars on the road"

Dependable

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I bought this car 2 years ago to save fuel costs over my SUV. Had 121,000 then; has 176,000 now and has yet to let me down other than a broken P/S belt right after I bought it which I consider normal wear & tear. Stying? Well I am economically conservative (that's politically correct for 'tight wad') and this car typifies that plain-Jane lifestyle. But who cares? It's dependable, comfortable even for 6 hour drives, ecomomical, practical - how does 40-41 mpg on the highway sound? My goal- 200,000, then 250,000, then...? It's capable. Trust an engineer to do his homework. The '93 to '97 models seem to offer the best value for the buck."

Best vehile ever with no problems

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "great on gas, everthing still works"

"I bought this car in 2000 with 96000mi.I have 214000 Mi on it now. I have replaced one half shaft, starter, and alternator and all schedule maintenance. Best car ever. I would recommend this car to anyone. Good for a first car."

Best vehicle!

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"I bought my '97 Corolla in August, 1998; it had 21000 miles on it. After 11 years, this vehicle has over 325,500 miles. Same transmission, same engine - only the usual replacement parts that any car needs over time. Recently I have had to drive this car all day (540 miles) for family emergencies, and she has never failed me. I commute 80+ miles daily, and I consistently get 33-35 mpg on the highway. The paint is chipping in places, but as Guy Clark sings, this Toyota is "the kind of stuff you reach for" that never lets you down. I'm sold on Toyotas. If this one ever shows signs of abreakdown, I'm buying another! But it will be hard to budget for a car payment when I haven't needed one for 7 years."

long term value on moderate investment

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "great gas milage, cheap to own"

Cons: "getting up there in years and milage"

"Purchased in 2006 (14 years old then) with 170,000 miles for $2,000. Still running in 2014 with 260,000 miles. Reliable around town car, great for teenage son getting to school, sports, work and friends, with lots of room for extra stuff (sports equipment) in the back. Still use it for hauling larger stuff from the hardware and garden stores. Engine and transmission running very good, body deteriorating in wheel wells and under door frames. No excessive rattling, vibrating or leaking beyond what you would expect with a car of this age. Average around 28 to 33 mpg in suburb/rural and highway driving."

best deal

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, excellent response, easy to park"

Cons: "no interval wipers, no cruise control"

"I bought this car in 2004. My brother said it wouldn't last and I paid too much for it ($8000). I've only had to do a few repairs such as brakes, oil pan gasket and head gasket. This car has never let me down, never left me stranded. Since I'm only 5'2", this car is the perfect size for me. The body is still in pretty good condition with minimal rust. It's not the car for everyone; my husband calls it 'the go-cart' but I love it! I'm going to be trading it in on a slightly larger car, that he can enjoy driving as well and I'll be sad to see it go. I expect to see it driving around town for a long time to come. Great little car!"

Good Old Blanche

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Reason: car accident (totaled)

Pros: "inexpensive, great mpg, reliable, parallel parking"

Cons: "old ladyish, squeaky brakes"

"I had a 1995 gold corolla that was sold to us by an old lady. Since she was an old lady car we named her "Blanche" from the Golden Girls. This car got me EVERYWHERE. I've driven from NJ to NYC many times, Baltimore, Philly, need I say more? Great MPG! I had a bouncy speedometer which caused the transmission to jerk the car. Replaced the instrument cluster and my problems were over. I would have loved to see the car exceed 200k miles but I was hit by a reckless driver on 295 which caused me to hit a guard rail and get t-boned by a truck followed by that. This car is surprisingly very safe and is definitely a lot safer than it looks. I am always going to stay loyal to toyota for that very reason. I recommend this car to anyone that wants a ride with excellent fuel economy and would be great for someone who isn't very materialistic. Just keep up on routine maintenance and this car will outlast most cars on the road. I bet my money on it."