1995 Toyota Corolla

Based on 442 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Best vehicle!

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"I bought my '97 Corolla in August, 1998; it had 21000 miles on it. After 11 years, this vehicle has over 325,500 miles. Same transmission, same engine - only the usual replacement parts that any car needs over time. Recently I have had to drive this car all day (540 miles) for family emergencies, and she has never failed me. I commute 80+ miles daily, and I consistently get 33-35 mpg on the highway. The paint is chipping in places, but as Guy Clark sings, this Toyota is "the kind of stuff you reach for" that never lets you down. I'm sold on Toyotas. If this one ever shows signs of abreakdown, I'm buying another! But it will be hard to budget for a car payment when I haven't needed one for 7 years."

long term value on moderate investment

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "great gas milage, cheap to own"

Cons: "getting up there in years and milage"

"Purchased in 2006 (14 years old then) with 170,000 miles for $2,000. Still running in 2014 with 260,000 miles. Reliable around town car, great for teenage son getting to school, sports, work and friends, with lots of room for extra stuff (sports equipment) in the back. Still use it for hauling larger stuff from the hardware and garden stores. Engine and transmission running very good, body deteriorating in wheel wells and under door frames. No excessive rattling, vibrating or leaking beyond what you would expect with a car of this age. Average around 28 to 33 mpg in suburb/rural and highway driving."

best deal

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, excellent response, easy to park"

Cons: "no interval wipers, no cruise control"

"I bought this car in 2004. My brother said it wouldn't last and I paid too much for it ($8000). I've only had to do a few repairs such as brakes, oil pan gasket and head gasket. This car has never let me down, never left me stranded. Since I'm only 5'2", this car is the perfect size for me. The body is still in pretty good condition with minimal rust. It's not the car for everyone; my husband calls it 'the go-cart' but I love it! I'm going to be trading it in on a slightly larger car, that he can enjoy driving as well and I'll be sad to see it go. I expect to see it driving around town for a long time to come. Great little car!"

Good Old Blanche

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Reason: car accident (totaled)

Pros: "inexpensive, great mpg, reliable, parallel parking"

Cons: "old ladyish, squeaky brakes"

"I had a 1995 gold corolla that was sold to us by an old lady. Since she was an old lady car we named her "Blanche" from the Golden Girls. This car got me EVERYWHERE. I've driven from NJ to NYC many times, Baltimore, Philly, need I say more? Great MPG! I had a bouncy speedometer which caused the transmission to jerk the car. Replaced the instrument cluster and my problems were over. I would have loved to see the car exceed 200k miles but I was hit by a reckless driver on 295 which caused me to hit a guard rail and get t-boned by a truck followed by that. This car is surprisingly very safe and is definitely a lot safer than it looks. I am always going to stay loyal to toyota for that very reason. I recommend this car to anyone that wants a ride with excellent fuel economy and would be great for someone who isn't very materialistic. Just keep up on routine maintenance and this car will outlast most cars on the road. I bet my money on it."

I can't say enough good things about this car.

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

"I commute 60 miles a day, and so I bought this car for $3400 2 years ago specifically for economical reasons. I have put approx 30,000 miles on it. Today its got 120,000 miles on it. I priced it just to see what it's worth now and to my surprise it was around $3200. $200 for 2 years and $30000 miles! Not bad! It still drives and handles identically to when I bought it. The only thing I've had to do is change the oil and put gas in it. I also put brand new tires on it, but this car gives me practically no problems. The clear coat is starting to peal a bit but I live in a hot sunny climate and it is out doors 24 hours a day."