1995 Toyota Corolla

Based on 442 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Tried and True Car

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Attractive Build, Small, Great on Gas"

Cons: "Old."

"I am the happy owner of the 1994 Toyota Corolla. This car is over 17/18 years old now, however, with proper upkeep and maintenance I'm pretty sure this car could last for another decade or so. The only way to really tell wear/tear on this well-maintained car now is the slightly peeling paint on the front. Other than that, the usual major repairs/maintenance that is necessary for any older car: replaced the shocks (once), brake pads replaced (twice), passenger-side power window switch replaced (once), driver-side seat belt replaced (once), tape deck upgraded to cd player (once) in the 17 years my family has owned it. If it weren't so old I would definitely sell it for some money,however, when I do get a new car I will most likely give this car to a close family member for free. It's old but it still reliably takes one from point A to point B, C, D, and so on. This is my first car and I will always hold fond memories of it! Over 300,000 miles and still trucking (or car-ing in this instance!)"

very reliable

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I bought my '93 toyota corolla at the beginning of my senior year of college with 134,000 miles. I am now about to start my first year of graduate school (5 1/2 years later!!) and it is still running great!!! It now has 206,000 miles on it. I have driven it back and forth to San Francisco about 5 times (from LA).... it has never let me down! I am still a poor college student trying to finish school and I'm glad I have my corolla because it has saved me a lot of money!... Also, I am a girl, and was away at college for 4 years so would not really follow the oil changes, etc when they had to be done.. and it is still running strong.... I will definetly buy a new corolla when i finish with school..."

Very Dependable Car

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Good on gas; great trunk space"

Cons: "Not a date magnet"

"I purchase this car in March 1997. It has never failed me It was my first Toyota. It is a second car. When the gas is expensive I love the car. I am not a fan of economy cars but this one is fine and it serves it purpose to get me from a - z. I initially complained about the noise from the wind because I am more used to a higher end quieter car. The car is dependable and cheap on repairs. The body was not a attractive as the Honda for that year but I was told my car might be where I parked it when I returned. So I drove off in my Toyota."

Great first car

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage, AC and heat work after 18 years"

Cons: "Not very powerful, light car"

"Great first car for any new driver! Not very powerful, but one of the most reliable cars on the road"

Dependable

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I bought this car 2 years ago to save fuel costs over my SUV. Had 121,000 then; has 176,000 now and has yet to let me down other than a broken P/S belt right after I bought it which I consider normal wear & tear. Stying? Well I am economically conservative (that's politically correct for 'tight wad') and this car typifies that plain-Jane lifestyle. But who cares? It's dependable, comfortable even for 6 hour drives, ecomomical, practical - how does 40-41 mpg on the highway sound? My goal- 200,000, then 250,000, then...? It's capable. Trust an engineer to do his homework. The '93 to '97 models seem to offer the best value for the buck."

Best vehile ever with no problems

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "great on gas, everthing still works"

"I bought this car in 2000 with 96000mi.I have 214000 Mi on it now. I have replaced one half shaft, starter, and alternator and all schedule maintenance. Best car ever. I would recommend this car to anyone. Good for a first car."

Best vehicle!

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"I bought my '97 Corolla in August, 1998; it had 21000 miles on it. After 11 years, this vehicle has over 325,500 miles. Same transmission, same engine - only the usual replacement parts that any car needs over time. Recently I have had to drive this car all day (540 miles) for family emergencies, and she has never failed me. I commute 80+ miles daily, and I consistently get 33-35 mpg on the highway. The paint is chipping in places, but as Guy Clark sings, this Toyota is "the kind of stuff you reach for" that never lets you down. I'm sold on Toyotas. If this one ever shows signs of abreakdown, I'm buying another! But it will be hard to budget for a car payment when I haven't needed one for 7 years."

long term value on moderate investment

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "great gas milage, cheap to own"

Cons: "getting up there in years and milage"

"Purchased in 2006 (14 years old then) with 170,000 miles for $2,000. Still running in 2014 with 260,000 miles. Reliable around town car, great for teenage son getting to school, sports, work and friends, with lots of room for extra stuff (sports equipment) in the back. Still use it for hauling larger stuff from the hardware and garden stores. Engine and transmission running very good, body deteriorating in wheel wells and under door frames. No excessive rattling, vibrating or leaking beyond what you would expect with a car of this age. Average around 28 to 33 mpg in suburb/rural and highway driving."

best deal

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, excellent response, easy to park"

Cons: "no interval wipers, no cruise control"

"I bought this car in 2004. My brother said it wouldn't last and I paid too much for it ($8000). I've only had to do a few repairs such as brakes, oil pan gasket and head gasket. This car has never let me down, never left me stranded. Since I'm only 5'2", this car is the perfect size for me. The body is still in pretty good condition with minimal rust. It's not the car for everyone; my husband calls it 'the go-cart' but I love it! I'm going to be trading it in on a slightly larger car, that he can enjoy driving as well and I'll be sad to see it go. I expect to see it driving around town for a long time to come. Great little car!"

Good Old Blanche

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Reason: car accident (totaled)

Pros: "inexpensive, great mpg, reliable, parallel parking"

Cons: "old ladyish, squeaky brakes"

"I had a 1995 gold corolla that was sold to us by an old lady. Since she was an old lady car we named her "Blanche" from the Golden Girls. This car got me EVERYWHERE. I've driven from NJ to NYC many times, Baltimore, Philly, need I say more? Great MPG! I had a bouncy speedometer which caused the transmission to jerk the car. Replaced the instrument cluster and my problems were over. I would have loved to see the car exceed 200k miles but I was hit by a reckless driver on 295 which caused me to hit a guard rail and get t-boned by a truck followed by that. This car is surprisingly very safe and is definitely a lot safer than it looks. I am always going to stay loyal to toyota for that very reason. I recommend this car to anyone that wants a ride with excellent fuel economy and would be great for someone who isn't very materialistic. Just keep up on routine maintenance and this car will outlast most cars on the road. I bet my money on it."

I can't say enough good things about this car.

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

"I commute 60 miles a day, and so I bought this car for $3400 2 years ago specifically for economical reasons. I have put approx 30,000 miles on it. Today its got 120,000 miles on it. I priced it just to see what it's worth now and to my surprise it was around $3200. $200 for 2 years and $30000 miles! Not bad! It still drives and handles identically to when I bought it. The only thing I've had to do is change the oil and put gas in it. I also put brand new tires on it, but this car gives me practically no problems. The clear coat is starting to peal a bit but I live in a hot sunny climate and it is out doors 24 hours a day."

very reliable one owner car!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, very reliable"

"Good gas mileage, very reliable (225,000 miles so far!),no major repairs!Drove it myself for 14 years, then trusted it with my two children."

Best Car I Ever Owned this is my third car.

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Wonderful to drive, great price."

Cons: "No cd player or cassette player."

"Top vehicle ever. Never had any large maintenance problems, kept it oiled, gassed,a dent on back fender, roofing material over drivers seat has split. Needs a minor paint job. Car is great on gas."

18 years old and still runs well!

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "2 cup holders that don't fit modern cups"

"My family bought this car used many years ago. I learned to drive on it and later received it as a graduation gift. She's had her share of problems, all related to standard wear and tear. 18 years old and she's never failed an emissions test. I can still get 400 miles to the tank all highway driving and about 300 off highway. I don't treat her the way a car enthusiast might. She's a bit beat, but continues to run well. The only reason I'm considering a new car is because she hit the 200,000 mark and needs a lot of routine repairs that cost more than she's worth. I promised I'd run her into the ground and I plan to do the same with my next Corolla. It's a wonderful car and will easily last a long time."

Fantastic Commuter - VERY reliable car

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Great Gas Mileage, Comfortable ride"

Cons: "Not much passing power, nor the greatest "date" car"

"I am the third owner after my father-in-law and sister-in-law. I bought it at 100,000 miles over 2 years ago, and this car has been flawless. I've only had to do maintenance (went ahead at 120,000 service when I replaced timing belt, also had the garage replace the water pump and engine seals). Otherwise, I keep fresh oil in it, and it asks nothing of me other than a gallon of gas every 36 miles going 70mph to and from work daily. Not a sports car by any means, but this 1.8L (7afe) makes good torque for everyday driving. A/C is ice cold, and 4-speed auto shifts smoothly. A/C has never been serviced, and every 60k, flush and fill transmission. Terrific small car, and if you can find one in good condition, it will treat you right. While I only want another 50-60k out of it, I'm sure it has far more left in it."

Will outlast your patience-

By on Sunday, January 06, 2008

"Bought new with 2 miles on odometer and drove all of 210k miles with no incidents. Was supposed to be for a couple of years before I bought something I really wanted. Almost 14 years, a marriage, and two kids later, it is the only one that remains from before my marriage and is the envy of my wife! I am slowly being worked on over the years by my wife to get rid of it and finally it seems to be working as I am starting to yearn for another car. Still get 34/45 mpg, runs and looks great, will not die! Will have to say good bye soon - a heartbreaker indeed!"

Loved this car

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Reason: Wanted a SUV

Pros: "Excellent value"

Cons: "Smallish"

"My first car where every thing worked..no alternate switches or home repairs on the seat. It works..as expected. Good value safe ride. Perfect for a student driver. Solid."

i LOVE IT, GOOD ON GAS AND VERY GOOD TO MAINTANCE

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

"I LOVE THIS CAR, I HAVE IT FOR SEVERAL YEARS, IS VERY ECONOMIC, (36 MILES PER GALLON)I DON'T HAVE TO BE WORRIED ABOUT NEED OIL IF I CHANGE MY OIL EVERY 3000 MILES I DON'T HAVE TO CHECK THAT EVERY TIME AND WHEN I DO THE CHANGES THE OIL LOOKS STILL USABLE,ALWAYS START IN THE MORNING, VERY COMFORTABLE TO DRIVE SPECIALLY ON LONG TRIPS, COOL A/C AND VERY TRUST ABLE."

Great balance between style and economical

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliability, style, and comfort"

Cons: "Slightly underpowered but fine for all driving."

Before I did some customizing, this is a great little car.

"I recently traded a large SUV with a gas guzzling engine for this Toyota Corolla. I commute over 80 miles a day for work. It runs smooth and drives great. It has amazing gas mileage, I pay about $50.00 a week in gas when I used to pay triple that. It has style, which I like in a car/truck, but it is also practical. I have two kids so the 4-door is great. I am a pretty big guy at 6'2" and 220 lbs, and I have room to spare in this Corolla. Toyota is known for it's long lasting and reliable vehicles, so I would absolutely recommend a Corolla to friends and family."

Before I did some customizing, this is a great little car.

avg 32/38 mpg, rarely let me down,excellent value.

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "corners well,economical,comfortable,cute"

Cons: "attractive to thieves, friends want free taxi ride"

"Purchased used with 42,000 mi.in 2001,it was stolen twice, (and an ex put stuff in the gas tank-twice);only started letting me down when I got sick and could not afford regular preventative maintainence. I never let anyone else drive it on purpose (transmission and electrical problems after it was stolen). In accidents both times it was stolen(frame checked out ok) totally repaired first time-stolen again 3 months later (framestill ok, but trouble with fourth and fifth gears thereafter). Much better than advertised gas milage, highly dependable. I used to sit on the front porch of my apartment just looking at how beautiful it was. Not a 'get-up-and-go' car, so much as a 'get-up-and-go-forever'. Not powerful in leaps and bounds (which wastes gas and wears out your engine anyway);steady and strong, good for the long haul with a really roomy trunk. Not a lot of leg room in the back seat, but that's just fine, I didn't want to run a taxi anyway!"

I love this car best ever

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "this car can make it throw anything"

"Its a champ in the snow. One time i had to come home in a foot and a half of snow, I was literally pushing snow with my bumper and it was working great. It has been in my family since it was new. In high school i used to take it 4-wheeling in the back woods. This car is a tank nothing can break it. Love my baby."

Great car!! A little small.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "great drive, worth the price, very safe."

Cons: "small cab"

"My second car, My Toyota got me through 2 years of high school, driving 30 minutes both ways. It rides well, and I have had minimal engine trouble. The only problem I have really had with my Toyota is that I feel cramped in the cab. I'm fairly short, so it might cause a problem for others."

Love it

By on Sunday, January 02, 2011

"Had it for ten years now, runs great... not pretty to look at... but 37mpg isn't anything to complain about!"

Awesome car

By on Tuesday, June 08, 2010

"I got this car 3 years ago from a family firend's tow yard, it has ran great. It is really good on gas like all toyotas and it easy to drive and it really lasts, mine has somewhere around 223,000 miles on it and it still runs great. and if and when it does need fixing its usually super cheap."

Brilliant - Will only ever buy Corollas!

By on Friday, April 17, 2009

"I love my Toyota Corolla and would never drive another car! It is amazing on gas (6 hours on the highway is one fill-up of 10 gallons) and is very, very dependable. My car is a 1996 and I have never had a problem that required going to the mechanic. I live in a cold weather climate and summer or winter, I never have any prolems starting the car or driving. It also handles really well in the snow. I live on a hill and only the 4WD cars and my Corolla can get up when it snows! I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking to purchase a new or used car."