1994 Toyota Corolla

Based on 428 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

I love this car!!!

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

"It's a great car with excellent gas mileage. I get about 29 mpg on average. The only annoying thing about it is how loud it is and how much it vibrates."

Best Car Ever!

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

"I own a 1995 Toyota Corolla. The original clutch lasted 200,000 miles, while I taught 3 people stick on it! The brakes have only had to be replaced once in 17 years, and I have had no other issues with it! Best car you can ever get. I love Toyota!"

Great work car

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage and price to operate and maintain."

Cons: "Comfort of seating and ease of entry."

"The Corolla is a great little car. This our second one. We owned a 1979 model. Mechanically sound, easy to work on and to get work done on. Parts are reasonably priced. Will drive the present one until the wheels fall off-which they probably won't. Only drawback-seating is a little low and not the easiest to get in and out of for this ol' retired teacher."

Good Old Blanche

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Reason: car accident (totaled)

Pros: "inexpensive, great mpg, reliable, parallel parking"

Cons: "old ladyish, squeaky brakes"

"I had a 1995 gold corolla that was sold to us by an old lady. Since she was an old lady car we named her "Blanche" from the Golden Girls. This car got me EVERYWHERE. I've driven from NJ to NYC many times, Baltimore, Philly, need I say more? Great MPG! I had a bouncy speedometer which caused the transmission to jerk the car. Replaced the instrument cluster and my problems were over. I would have loved to see the car exceed 200k miles but I was hit by a reckless driver on 295 which caused me to hit a guard rail and get t-boned by a truck followed by that. This car is surprisingly very safe and is definitely a lot safer than it looks. I am always going to stay loyal to toyota for that very reason. I recommend this car to anyone that wants a ride with excellent fuel economy and would be great for someone who isn't very materialistic. Just keep up on routine maintenance and this car will outlast most cars on the road. I bet my money on it."

Cheap and Cheerful does not exist

By on Thursday, December 06, 2012

Pros: "good on gas, good value. good economy car."

Cons: "no ABS, no tach, cheap feel, bouncy/loud ride"

"This car has been in my family for 18 years since we bought it new in 1994 (we bought a 95 model, DX Wagon). It currently has 170,000 miles on it and it has only broken down once. We were on a trip to San Diego and the engine overheated. I'll start with the good. The car never breaks down. I never have to cross my fingers when I turn the ignition, because it starts every time. The gear changes are surprisingly good for a four speed. (Note: If your corolla does not have an Overdrive switch on the gear lever, it's a 3 speed). The A/C still works like a charm and starts quickly. It's very cold, however. The car is also extremely good with fuel, it only sips instead of binge drinking, saving you a lot of $$. The ride is surprisingly comfortable when compared to my friend's 2010 civic or my mother's 2010 prius. If you have the stock cassette player, you can adjust the sound balance. You can increase the stereo balance from left to right, front to back. You can adjust the treble and bass as well. The car is very easy to drive and has a cavernous trunk, and has great visibility. The steering is very light as well. The brakes, despite being front disc/rear drum without ABS work really well in stopping the car. The car actually weighs less than an Mazda MX-5 Miata. Now, we go on to the bad. The tire roar/road noise is extremely loud. If you set the radio volume to a decent volume at a traffic light, as soon as you set off the road noise drowns out whatever you were listening to. It can get very tiresome on long journeys. Along with the loud noise, the car gets very bouncy on bumpy roads due to its soft suspension. if you are driving over a uneven surface at 30-40 mph, it turns into a floppy barge. The car also has extremely low ground clearance, and I have hit my head a few times getting into the drivers seat. The car's ground clearance is 5.7 inches, compared to the 5.1 inches of a Ferrari 599 GTB. And I can't lie, this is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. The interior is rather ugly as well. The interior features hard plastics and cheap vinyl. You can feel the cheapness whenever you touch a button. The rear seats are very uncomfortable and have very minimal leg room. Very uncomfortable if you are an adult, but ok for children. The front seats are not very comfortable either, you'll have to stop and stretch your legs on long journeys. There isn't a whole lot of headroom, and if you're tall and put the seat back, no one will be able to sit behind you. Despite being able to adjust the cassette/radio, it has terrible sound. If you are an audiophile, this will be a huge disappointment. Over the years the car has grown old and arthritic and developed some problems: -The rear left hand side door won't open -The rear window motors are on their last legs -The rear seats do not click into place. Under hard braking, they collapse. -The cup holder is broken. The little plastic bit that holds you drinks has broken, and so has the spring, so if you push it back in it won't come out. One thing to note about the 1995 model is that the 95 model has a different shaped intake and anti-pollution system than the previous years, so it produces 105 horsepower and 117 lb-foot torque instead of 115 horsepower and 115 lb-foot torque. Overall, if you are just looking for basic, reliable transport, this is the car for you. It is a reliable car and will probably keep going for another 80,000 or so miles."

Love this car

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

"This car has been very reliable, its good on gas and I can count on it being there for me. I have kept the normal upkeep of it (oil replacement, and schedule maintenance, etc) and it just keeps on going."

i LOVE IT, GOOD ON GAS AND VERY GOOD TO MAINTANCE

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

"I LOVE THIS CAR, I HAVE IT FOR SEVERAL YEARS, IS VERY ECONOMIC, (36 MILES PER GALLON)I DON'T HAVE TO BE WORRIED ABOUT NEED OIL IF I CHANGE MY OIL EVERY 3000 MILES I DON'T HAVE TO CHECK THAT EVERY TIME AND WHEN I DO THE CHANGES THE OIL LOOKS STILL USABLE,ALWAYS START IN THE MORNING, VERY COMFORTABLE TO DRIVE SPECIALLY ON LONG TRIPS, COOL A/C AND VERY TRUST ABLE."

Very Dependable Car

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Good on gas; great trunk space"

Cons: "Not a date magnet"

"I purchase this car in March 1997. It has never failed me It was my first Toyota. It is a second car. When the gas is expensive I love the car. I am not a fan of economy cars but this one is fine and it serves it purpose to get me from a - z. I initially complained about the noise from the wind because I am more used to a higher end quieter car. The car is dependable and cheap on repairs. The body was not a attractive as the Honda for that year but I was told my car might be where I parked it when I returned. So I drove off in my Toyota."

Best. Vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Drives and handles super easy. Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Would like a better radio."

"I love my Toyota......best car I have ever owned"

Tried and True Car

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Attractive Build, Small, Great on Gas"

Cons: "Old."

"I am the happy owner of the 1994 Toyota Corolla. This car is over 17/18 years old now, however, with proper upkeep and maintenance I'm pretty sure this car could last for another decade or so. The only way to really tell wear/tear on this well-maintained car now is the slightly peeling paint on the front. Other than that, the usual major repairs/maintenance that is necessary for any older car: replaced the shocks (once), brake pads replaced (twice), passenger-side power window switch replaced (once), driver-side seat belt replaced (once), tape deck upgraded to cd player (once) in the 17 years my family has owned it. If it weren't so old I would definitely sell it for some money,however, when I do get a new car I will most likely give this car to a close family member for free. It's old but it still reliably takes one from point A to point B, C, D, and so on. This is my first car and I will always hold fond memories of it! Over 300,000 miles and still trucking (or car-ing in this instance!)"

Great car good gas mileage very reliable

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "safe, reliable, economical, cheap to fix, spacious"

Cons: "Beware automatics at high miles"

"This car is outstanding for a 4-door economical car. Even after 178k miles I still manage 35mpg. I've had it since it's had 140k miles on it and it's only been in the shop for minor things. However, on my car the transmission, which is automatic, is starting to show its age. 2nd gear is impossible to get into without taking my foot completely off the gas, and reapplying it. If I let it do it "automatically" like it should since it IS an automatic it will slip into the gear very harshly. So, if you're looking to by one of these cars used make sure all the gears shift properly in high-RPM's, or just get a manual (Which are pretty rare). Besides the transmission problem I highly suggest one of these cars to anyone looking for a cheap, reliable, safe, and gas saving car that has a very well balanced amount of power. Also, on my car everything works properly for comfort. Air conditioning, heater, speaker system, cruise control. It's all there and works flawlessly."

good reliable vehicle

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "great price, comfortable to drive, gas mileage"

Cons: "not very fancy at all"

"the car gets great gas mileage and is extremely reliable. doesnt look like much and isnt the fanciest thing ever, but still a good car."

Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Extremely dependable vehicle. Has been parked out in frigid MN winters and never failed to start. Still operating on the original clutch with 160,000 miles. Fun manual transmission to drive. Has been a great commuter car."

290000 miles and still purring

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "great gas milage, simple, reliable, great car"

Cons: "not so fun to drive (compaired to a WRX)"

"Got this car from a family member to replace my dying Blazer. My Corolla has 290000 miles on it now and she still purrs like a kitten. Though it has limited options the car is still comfortable and still gets 30 mpg. Love this car in all of its simplicity."

18 years old and still runs well!

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "2 cup holders that don't fit modern cups"

"My family bought this car used many years ago. I learned to drive on it and later received it as a graduation gift. She's had her share of problems, all related to standard wear and tear. 18 years old and she's never failed an emissions test. I can still get 400 miles to the tank all highway driving and about 300 off highway. I don't treat her the way a car enthusiast might. She's a bit beat, but continues to run well. The only reason I'm considering a new car is because she hit the 200,000 mark and needs a lot of routine repairs that cost more than she's worth. I promised I'd run her into the ground and I plan to do the same with my next Corolla. It's a wonderful car and will easily last a long time."

Very dependable, excellent car

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

"bought this car from my mom who was original owner. This car is very, very, very dependable, would not sell if my son had not bought himself a newer version. Kept the car maintained by Toyota dealership and it has lasted far more years than I had expected."

Great car, gets me everywhere, never wanna sell it

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"I got the car at 186000 shes needed some work but with that and proper maintenance i ddont see her ever dyin'-however i want a truck."

Great quality vehicle and very reliable.

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great on gas!!"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"This was my first car that I bought and I loved it. It is very reliable and FANTASTIC on gas. Makes a great first car for a new driver."

1994 Toyota Corolla BEST CAR EVER!!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"This is my first car, and I love it!!! The gas mileage is great and it is very very dependable. In my opinion Toyota doesn't make bad car!"

extremely reliable

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "durability"

Cons: "electrical system; fuel pumps"

"Owned the car for sixteen years and have had very few problems over all this time. Economical as maintenance costs are minimal."

This car has been good to me.

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Long term cost with lack of break downs saves $$$"

Cons: "could be bigger inside but then get a Camery"

"This car has saved me alot of money over others by not needing repairs, 30 miles to a gallon. Top MPG was 36 with no AC and driving 70 MPH all freeway. Interior held up very well."

Great car

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, cargo space, repair record."

Cons: "Uncomfortable back seat."

"I bought this car new in July 1995 and am still driving it. It's reliable, gets good gas mileage, has good cargo space, yet is the size of the Corolla sedan. I had trouble with is at 22,900 miles and 44,000 miles, when the clutch went out. Toyota replaced the clutches and I have not had a problem in the last 70,000 miles. Other repairs have been minor. The most serious was a new alternator a few years ago. The exhaust system is original. Toyota discontinued the Corolla wagon in 1996. I wish they would bring it back. I'd buy another one. However, as well as this one is lasting, it will be a few years before I need another car. Two weeks ago a stranger in a parking lot asked if I wanted to sell the car and offered to pay cash. I did not even consider it. I love my car!"

I can't say enough good things about this car.

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

"I commute 60 miles a day, and so I bought this car for $3400 2 years ago specifically for economical reasons. I have put approx 30,000 miles on it. Today its got 120,000 miles on it. I priced it just to see what it's worth now and to my surprise it was around $3200. $200 for 2 years and $30000 miles! Not bad! It still drives and handles identically to when I bought it. The only thing I've had to do is change the oil and put gas in it. I also put brand new tires on it, but this car gives me practically no problems. The clear coat is starting to peal a bit but I live in a hot sunny climate and it is out doors 24 hours a day."

greatest

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "cheap and fun to drive"

"man i bought a corolla dx for 300 and put 90000 on it this car is great would definantly recommend this car to anyone"

Perfect Car

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Just change the oil and keep up maintenance the car will last forever."