1994 Toyota Corolla

Based on 442 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Brilliant - Will only ever buy Corollas!

By on Friday, April 17, 2009

"I love my Toyota Corolla and would never drive another car! It is amazing on gas (6 hours on the highway is one fill-up of 10 gallons) and is very, very dependable. My car is a 1996 and I have never had a problem that required going to the mechanic. I live in a cold weather climate and summer or winter, I never have any prolems starting the car or driving. It also handles really well in the snow. I live on a hill and only the 4WD cars and my Corolla can get up when it snows! I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking to purchase a new or used car."

I drove it and it never died. 200000 miles

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "great"

Cons: "really none. It served me well."

"REALLY great car. I probably will not find a car then I can treat it terrible and it wouldn't die."

car always ran great

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"the car has always run great. front windows do not operate. slight dent in door."

Fantastic car!!

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "great on gas, great in the snow, small."

Cons: "lack of cup holders, no cd player, slow"

"I bought my 94 corolla a year ago..i just had it inspected and it needed nothing!! The gas mileage is wonderful, and it's great in the snow. I have never had even the smallest issue with this car. I absolutely love it!"

great car

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "great"

Cons: "great"

"Great car keep it maintained will run for ever well close to forever get36mpg on road at 65mph an about 26mpg in town, had to make a emirgancy turn once real sharp to the left car handled great car a little noisy but not bad pretty good ride as far a comfort is concernd"

excellent car

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliable, does good in snow"

Cons: "cup holders are small"

"I bought this car a few months ago i have had 0 issues with it right now the odomiter says it has 180,000 miles on it. All around this car has been good to me. There has really on been three minor things the cup holders are tiny, the AC doesn't work (we think it is a fuse, and the car has a shake on cold mornings. But this car has been my best friend it gets good gas mileage and does really well on gravel/snow i couldn't have asked for a better first car for the price i paid 1,500 for it and it is worth way more then that."

best car ever

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "everything except size if you are 5'9 or taller"

Cons: "size and handles"

"you can count on great mpg and long lasting runs like new think you have to shoot these cars to kill them lol just trat it nice and it will keep you moving"

I love this car!!!

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

"It's a great car with excellent gas mileage. I get about 29 mpg on average. The only annoying thing about it is how loud it is and how much it vibrates."

This car has been good to me.

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Long term cost with lack of break downs saves $$$"

Cons: "could be bigger inside but then get a Camery"

"This car has saved me alot of money over others by not needing repairs, 30 miles to a gallon. Top MPG was 36 with no AC and driving 70 MPH all freeway. Interior held up very well."

greatest

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "cheap and fun to drive"

"man i bought a corolla dx for 300 and put 90000 on it this car is great would definantly recommend this car to anyone"

Die-Hard Workhorse. Amazing Gas mileage on Highway

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas mileage. Reliable."

Cons: "Bad for dates. Might get laughed at."

"Got this car as a Christmas present in 2010. It sat in the driveway over winter with two flat tires and a dead battery. Thought I would get it running in spring. So it sat there all winter. Previous owners got in an accident with it and deployed both airbags which they did not replace. The front end was repaired on the most part. When spring came and I charged the battery, I was amazed that it started up right away with little or no smoke. Fixed the tires and it drove remarkably well. When I moved to Virginia in the fall, I was hesitant that the car would make it. It not only made it, but did so with distinction. The has mileage amazed me. I filled the tank from Northern Ohio and drove to the Washington DC area, via through West Virginia. I still had half a tank left! On the other hand, just driving around town and such the gas mileage isn't that great. Taking road trips with this car is great. Even though the car was in an accident to the point of deploying its airbags, when I was driving 70, I let go of the wheel, and it stayed steady and true. Just keep checking the fluids on a regular basis. The oil and water of course, for they tend to get low for no reason but not really bad. It is not the best looking car and I joke that it is just a glamorous go-cart, it runs great, takes a beating, gets great mileage on the highway and very reliable if you treat it right. It is a work horse and love it. One of the best Christmas presents I received. :)"

its been a great car

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "great on gas, cheap to maintain,"

Cons: "kinda small for tall husband (get the matrix)"

"Ive had this car for 4 years. No problems with it. We had to replace the radiator cap ($16) and break fluid line. Loved the car so much we just bought a newer Toyota Matrix to replace it. I love Toyota, we have two of them, they can run forever. If I could drive this car forever I would have but new baby needs car newer than 16 years old (updated safety features)"

Great Car - I Love to keep for another 5 years

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

"I love the way this car drives, starts, efficency. I wish, I can repair the AC without spending too much money"

Can't beat a Toyota

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, quality, resale value"

"I bought my Corolla new in 1995 and drove it til I bought my 08 4 Runner (which I LOVE). I have never had a problem with it, it has been a very reliable car and will now make a great car for my 17 year old son. The only cost of owning it is gas and maintanence. Love my Toyotas."

Four-Time Winner

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"We currently own four Corolla sedans: 1996 DX (182K), 1998 LE (130K), 2006 LE (12K), 2009 LE (25K). With the exception of the 2009, I purchased all of these consistent runners used from the original owners. These machines ask for nothing special. An oil change and filter every 4-5K and they will run and run and run. Other normal service, of course. As example, the 1996 DX didn't require anything other than normal service items until 2007 when I replaced the alternator. Find a used Corolla, any year, with less than 80K and GO BUY IT!!!"

great car

By on Monday, August 17, 2009

"this car has been exceptional and I wish they made it brand new today - I'd buy one again... I would like a newer car with less miles but can't justify it because this 97 Corolla is fantastic... seats are not real comfy and back seat a little small compared to new models - but Corolla Rocks... I get average of 35-40 MPG ALL the time."

Great on Gas!

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Bought this 94 Corolla about 4 years ago, and other than cosmetic issues.. its kept on ticking. Not the roomiest nor prettiest automobile but you can't beat the savings on gas! And Toyota knows how to build an engine!"

Exellent Car!

By on Monday, May 04, 2009

"I have owned this car for almost a year and have never EVER! Had a problem. And ive put almost 35,000 miles on it. The only time ive had to spend money on it was to put gas in it occasionally, for it gets 33 highway and 30mpg in the city. This car is going to my younger brother soon and im sure it will last him until he decides to get another vehicle. I would deffinatly recomend this car to anyone wanting cheaper and reliable transportation. Also i might add that 1.8 liter has some power!"

best ever

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"I've had my '93 for 13 years. It had 100,000 on it when I got and now it's got 300,000. I live in the Colorado rocky mountains, without a garage and I commute to Denver every day. Granted, this car is no "Babe Magnet" but it's never let me down. I do my own maintenance and anything I've done to this car has been very easy to work on. Keep fresh oil in it and it will last a lifetime!"

I Own 2 1997 CE's

By on Thursday, December 18, 2008

"When my daughter totaled my 2003 Honda Civic I had to get a car fast. I picked up a used 1997 CE with 89K miles on it. Then my son needed a car for school. As luck would have it ANOTHER 1997 CE showed up on Craig's list with 31K miles on it. I grabbed that one as well. Never in a million years did I think that I would become the Jay Leno of 1997 Corollas, but I'm glad that I did. Take a look around in traffic & you will see a lot of this body style still in action, more than similar year models of other car makers. And there is a reason for this: the cars are amazing. Cheap to run, nearly 30 mpg, sturdy & safe. Yeah, I'd love to have a 2008 Honda Fit or something similar, but for a fraction of the cost of a new car I've got 2 used cars that will last forever. If you are looking for a 2nd car or a car for a student, you can't go wrong with the 1997 Corolla."

By on Thursday, April 03, 2008

"At 164,000 miles and no major repairs it still runs well. I'm very pleased with this car."

Awesome car!

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"I bought this car Jan. of '06 and it had 107,000 miles on it. I've put a litte over 20,00 on it to date. I have been extremely pleasedd with this car. The comfort is great, but I am a short girl LOL It seems a little small for my boyfriend who is 6'5" so maybe not the best one to get if you are really tall. My mom had a Corolla years ago and these cars do last a long long time. I highly recommend this car!"

Solid performer

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Driven vehicle over 12 years with only normal maintenance expense. Drove it down the ALCAN in 99 with family, have been cross country several times, vehicle has never failed. Driven daily 90 miles back and forth to work. Not a better vehicle on the road in it's class."

you can't kill this car!!

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"We bought this car new in 1995 and it now has 186k on it. I kept saying I would buy a new car when this one dies, but it just keeps going. We've never done any repair work other than oil changes. Did I say awesome car?! Well, I finally did shop for a new wagon. Test drove the VW Passat and Toyota Matrix.....the Matrix drove much better and for $6,000 less, the choice was obvious. There is no beating a Toyota for value and reliability. The sad part will be selling/parting with my old corolla wagon....it is truly part of the family!"

Great car.

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Purchased the car with 221000 miles. It continues to run well. Not exciting but very reliable. I have averaged 30+ in all types of driving. The car handles well in snow. The Toyota reputation for quality is evidenced in this car."