1992 Toyota Corolla

Based on 164 Ratings for the 1988 - 1992 models.

By on Saturday, October 31, 2009

"I love this car. Bought my 1991 non-deluxe corolla from a friend for cheap to use as a commuter car. The "Rocket" has 176,000 miles on it & is more agile, uses half the gas and accelerates twice as fast as my 2004 Tacoma with 29,000 miles on it. Never mind that the radio, ashtrays & lighter were stolen long ago when it was known as the "Ferrari", I'm in love. Keep up oil changes & routine maintenence and it will last a long, long time. I know two driving instructors with 380,000 + miles on each of their corollas."

Love this car.

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Great gas mileage."

Cons: "No cup holders; seat belts consist of two parts"

"I am the fourth owner of this vehicle and it is still going strong. I knew the previous owners so that was a plus but still did not think this car would exceed 200,000 miles. It has over 250,000 miles and still in great condition. I would highly recommend a Toyota Corolla."

It just won't die!

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"Maybe not the most stylish or peppiest car around but definately the best bang for the buck. Very economical to drive on a daily basis and for the long term. This '90 Corolla was our first which we have put 250K miles on over the last 17 years with no break downs or disappointments. We have since purchased a '93, '00 and an '03 for all the family with equal satisfaction. Yes, the neighbors say our driveway looks like a used Corolla lot but we know those cars will be there for a very long time."

Wonderfully reliable; a real workhorse

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, drives very well"

Cons: "Windows"

"This was a wonderful car, especially during its newer years. I just sold it and hated to see it go! Great to have a wagon plus the roof rack. Mileage was good. Drives very well. It always got you there"

Reliable,peppy,fun-to-drive,great - on- gas!

By on Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pros: "Economical ; fun to drive, especially lane changes and tight corners; powerful 1.6L ; retains value"

Cons: "only cupholders are in glovebox."

"I bought my 1992 toyota corolla with 166,000 miles. Now, at 201,500 there has never been any mechanical issues other than 2 oil leaks (one at valve cover) that i fixed and i installed a new clutch and muffler. Super reliable and awesome gas mileage around town and highway-30 mph intown and 40-44 mph highway. My mechanic tells me the engine compression is the same as if it were new off the production line! I once t-boned a bigger, heavier car and caused $2500 damage but the only consequence to my corolla were a scratched bumper and cracked sidelight! I expected the front to be crumpled as the door of the other car i hit and was amazed at the lack of damage. Both cars moving at 20 mph at impact. Super strong reverse gear and surprisingly roomy trunk. This car is not comfortable for anyone over 6' tall and no convenient cupholders are my only other issue , unless i wanted to complain about no airbag which i don't..."