1998 Toyota Celica

9.3

Based on 183 Ratings for the 1994 - 1999 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Love it wouldn't trade it!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "excellent driver, great gas mileage, comfotable"

Cons: "low to the ground for getting in and out"

my baby

"Love the car, worth much more than blue book to the very few owners I have talked to. These cars are very hard to find especially in such good shape!"

my baby

Love it wouldn't trade it!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "excellent driver, great gas mileage, comfotable"

Cons: "low to the ground for getting in and out"

my baby

Being a convertible hurt it's score..

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Sexy, Gas Mileage, Fun"

Cons: "Convertible top, top, top, top"

"I would have easily rate this car at least a 9 out of 10 if it was not for the top. Mechanical issues at 150,000 have been mostly maintenance issues.. tires.. brakes.. suspension.. etc etc. I cannot complain there.. I am sure most of the equipment on the vehicle is original from the factory. These Toyotas run and run and run forever. It always starts for me, the motor is quiet, and it get's decent enough gas mileage for it's age. It's peppy (not quick, or fast) and brakes and corners nicely. The motor and transmission have been VERY reliable as far as the internals go. Like mentioned before most of the issues I have had are due to high mileage and the hot Mojave Desert climate. The GTS Anniversary speaker system still sounds VERY good after all these years. It really pumps out some good base.. one tweeter is blown if the bass is too high though. My major gripe with this car is the top.. I know that Toyota did not make the top so I cannot fault them for that. But everything related to the top has completely failed. I am suspecting this is due to the - at times 120F+ temperatures around here. The material is just tearing and falling apart. The back window has fell through to the inside, the rear window regulators have failed and the windows have dropped themselves into the rear quarter panels. Finding new parts for the convertible windows and top at a reasonable cost is near impossible. And the parts that are available through Toyota are atrocious in price. I forgot to mention - the push button open/close feature for the top is broken too - I suspect the linkage is bad for the motor that controls it. For that reason I am going to have to get rid of my beloved Toyota Celica (My 3rd). The costs to repair the top are just not worth the value of the vehicle. Overall an excellent car - WELL WORTH the money - just beware of the convertibles.. if you are interested in one do a complete inspection of it. Or if you are in a milder climate it might be nothing to worry about."

Excellent car

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Good gas Millage, cheap to fix"

Cons: "Not very fast"

"I got this car when I was 17 I have to say this is a amazing car it's was a little on the slow side but it got me to where I needed to go not many repairs had to be made just standard stuff"

nice dependable car

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

"need value"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Celica near Honolulu. See local deals