1996 Toyota Celica

Based on 196 Ratings for the 1994 - 1999 models.

Great, sporty and reliable

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks sharp, great handling"

Cons: "Cupholder location, backseat room"

"I bought my 97 Celica ST about a year ago with 116,000 miles on it from a private dealer. The car has been great and has given me no issues whatsoever. The car now has 129,000 miles on it and it's still just as much of a thrill and joy to drive as the first time I test drove. Only real cons with the whole car: The backseat is really small (to be expected with this style vehicle) and the cup holders are in a very inconvenient location if you have a manual transmission like me. Like others, I wish this Celica had a few more pony's under the hood, but really I was looking for good fuel economy with a sporty look, so its a perfect balance. In case anyone is wondering, I live in the mountains and get between 30-33 mpg going back and forth to work. I get between 35-42 running highway, depending on conditions. Long story short, if you can find one in decent condition for a good price, grab it and dont look back, you wont regret it. Just remember, they dont run forever, and will only run as well as you treat them (in other words, keep up with all of your servicing on the car)."

Amazing Value and Cute!

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"I'm 24-years-old, and I've owned my 95 Toyota Celica since I was 16. I bought it used with 60,000 miles on it, and I've only had it in the shop once for something minor. I've never replaced a battery and haven't had to do any major repairs. It still looks new and drives very well. I have friends with brand new cars, and already they've dealt with windows getting stuck, power steering and alignment going out, CD players breaking etc. I have NEVER had a problem with this car. It gets great gas mileage. I've never paid more than $45 to fill up my 12-gallon tank, even when gas was $4/gallon. I've driven this car from Washington D.C. to Chicago and back. I've driven it in rain, sleet, snow and every condition in between. With 160,000 miles on it, it's still running perfectly. And talk about space! The hatchback with fold down seats have proved invaluable for me several times. Believe it or not, I've moved entire apartments in this car. I think there's just as much space as you'll get in some SUVs. I keep waiting for this car to die before I'll buy a new one, but the way it's running, that may not happen for another 5 years! It's safe, stylish, a great value and incredibly reliable. I would absolutely recommend this car to ANYONE!"

best car

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "fun and easy to drive"

Cons: "cup holders are little."

"very good car. very reliable. starts everyday. and if it doesnt, the parts are cheap. back running that day."

BUILT LIKE A TANK.

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

"BOUGHT NEW IN 99 AND HAS BEEN THE MOST RELIABLE AND GREATEST CAR EVER. I HAVE EXPENSIVE CARS AND IT HAS BEEN DIFFICULT TO GIVE UP."

I love this car

By on Friday, March 12, 2010

"I bought my 1995 Celica new and this little car has never let me down. I get over 40mpg and it has plenty of get up and go. It corners like an expensive sports car and I have never had any repair except for routine maint. Most of all I feel safe in her on city or highway, it handles so good and looks good body has held up amazingly well for a 15 year old car would recommend this car to anyone"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Celica near Honolulu. See local deals