2014 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,217 - $21,247.

10/7.4

Based on 266 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Great milage at 36 on hwy

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

"The SE rides stiff so for a softer ride take the LE"

Very reliable

By on Friday, May 01, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive, corners well, very comfortable"

Cons: "Steering feels light, gas Millage exaggerated"

"This is the third Camry I have owned. So far is as reliable as ever. All my Camry's are still on the road. My son is driving one of them 2002. No problems to date and he loves it. They do hold their values!!!"

Actually I love this car...(my 15th vehicle)

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "reliable, luxurious, fast, hot ext, sweet features"

Cons: "not sure about smart key/push start/auto open"

"Looks hot. I cant say much of anything else looks hot in my opinion. Toyota to me is the most reliable and cost effective newer car to own. (our third toyota) Nice inside (feels luxurious, enough space for four, big sunroof, awesome nav,sound, voice features, love stereo and speakers, quiet ride, good safety features and ratings, cup holders galore, nice sunvisers, nice mirrors, awesome blind spot warning lights add safety, very comfy seats, nice leather, very pretty interior, holders for all my junk, outlets in multi places, plus cable, sweet wood grain feature (in dark brown), nice display (not too bright,adjustable, nice colors and lights), clock and directional and all sensors needed, nice shifter, nice knee pad for driver leg, nice high arm rests for driver on both sides, nice window and sunroof auto open/closers, two comfortable back seats, decent visability, nice warranties r transferable,nice roomy trunk, nice fold down seats option, front seats recline 100% back for a comfy sleep, navigation is big clear and easy and offers 3 visible routes, voice command is way cool, supper snappy lightning fast ride. makes our celica feel like a jalopy. jury is still out on the keyless entry keyless start smart key. They are way expensive to replace, and I hope they dont cause a safety issue for my little boys. Jury is still out on gas mileage. so far seems ave. but..i have the v6 which is much different than the 4. Jury is still out on sos option. think i dont need it. rather get service fast I cant believe this car is so awesome. Luxurious, very attractive in and out, high tech, comfy, and a reliable ride that over time costs less to own than most cars. Soooo happy! Our dad recommended this car to us, since he has one similar le older model. Me:mom of two, likes ritz carlton comfort but at a great value, took auto mechanics in college, collected antique vws, love jeep cherokee, had two nissan 300zx's, had a volvo, audi, toyota sienna and toyota celica. This is my fav so far...except the nostalgia of the vws."

Great car

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"I bought a 2013 used Camry LE with 15,000 miles. 4 months later, I traded it in on a new 2013 Camry LE. I love the way the car rides. It is very responsive, gets good mileage. Unfortunately, while sitting at a red light, a pickup struck me in the right rear and sideswiped the right side of the car. It only had 1372 miles on it. Can't wait to return the rental and pick up my Toyota."

Great driving car

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Great power, attractive, intuitive, great radio"

Cons: "White seats only with red car, gas mileage not as"

"I searched a lot of brands and looked at a bunch of cars on the internet before buying this one. Main reason for buying a new car was gas mileage. And there is the only rub I have with the car so far. Mostly around town driving but only getting 23.8 avg. according to the cars estimate. I don't understand this as I read the other peoples ratings of this car. Could it be just mine? Love the radio and blue tooth which automatically sincs with my phone when I start the car. Very nice. Car is elegantly styled inside but I don't like the white which is showing every little piece of dirt. Couldn't get grey with the Red car I wanted. Only other Con I have is some parts seem extremely cheap. Trunk seems very flimsy, I guess to save on weight. It seems I am knocking the car quiet a bit but understand I do love this car. Its powerful, intuitively designed and great looking. Several compliments so far. Toyota's rating with several agencies was a big part in my decision to buy Toyota. Very dependable forever seems like. Go get you one."

Great Value

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "spacious, excellent Bluetooth connection"

Cons: "road noise"

"I haven't experienced major problems. The mpg is very good (it's almost like a hybrid in disguise), the ride is smooth, and the features resemble that of a luxury car's features. Toyota did a really good job redesigning the interior, but I sort of wish the exterior looks a little better (it kind of just looks like a huge corolla). Nonetheless, the Camry is a great car for simple commuting!"

Perfect Card and Great Value

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

"We just traded our 2007 Honda Accord to 2012 Toyota Camry SE. We are really happy switching our brand to Toyota. This car engine is so quite, great interior, I love the handsfree blue tooth connection."

Not even 1 Year old and it lost 50% of it's value

By on Monday, June 08, 2015

Pros: "Good pick up (V6) and the SE handles the road"

"Holy Cow!!! I got a really great deal on this car, so I didn't expect it to loose that much. The KBB rating is less than half what the MSRP was, and about 50% of what I paid. Other than that, I have had a few problems with it. Driver power window, which they "couldn't find the problem with it" the two times I had it in for service. Finally, the window totally came out of the frame on a rainy night. The electronics are, well, not that good. Navigation and voice recognition are the worst. I do like the performance and handling, but the biggest rush of adrenaline I got was seeing how far upside down I was, even at 0% financing!"

great mpg

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Cons: "needs a power outlet in back."

"The Camry SE is great on gas mileage (38-40 on trips)Good power with a 4 cyl. Will buy another one in 2015 if they will deal. Hope the new one will get even better mileage. The comfort of the seats are good. Have driven 10 hours ,without any discomfort."

Good value for the money

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Stable on the highway when passing the bigrigs"

Cons: "Cheep tires"

"Purchased the vehicle new (Camry SE) in January of 2013. I drive a good bit so I quickly rack up miles on a vehicle. Fuel mileage has been good. The lowest mileage that it has given was 25 mpg, this was sitting in heavy stop and go traffic. Most of the time it averages 28 to 30 mpg commuting to and from work. The only thing that I can complain about is the tires, they seem as if they are low quality (cheep) and generate some road noise. Other than that the car has been great."

love many things about this vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "love alot of things about this car"

Cons: "Hate seatbelt dinging and charge $50 to disable"

"this is the first vehicle I've owened that wasnt a pick up in almost 20 years.I am very happy with the purchase of my new Camry. I did tons of research and think this is the best car out there for your $.very resonable with many extras"

Exactly what I expected - reliable fun.

By on Saturday, June 06, 2015

Pros: "Great price, reliable, good acceleration, comfort"

Cons: "Inside materials scratch easily"

"I bought my Camry SE I4 new in 2013. I did my research so I knew exactly what to expect from driving dynamics to resale value. I think the car drives great for commuting to work, going shopping and long road trips to visit family. This is what 90% of driving is. I do miss the 10% of the time when a little sports car would be fun, but getting to work on time and not having any repair bills have pushed those wants into the future when I have a nice cushion of $$$ saved up for my Audi A3 or VW GTI. When I need to pass someone going slow on the highway I can use the paddle shifters to kick it down a gear to use more torque and it responds instantly, plus surprises the heck out of anyone trying to speed up to quickly not let "a Camry" in front of them while merging in traffic. Sure it rolls when cornering but it's also soft over bumps and has the most comfortable ride of any car I've owned. Not jittery at all. Audio system is great and has everything you really need in a daily driver. Highly recommended. There are other cars that are more fun to drive and your friends won't ask why you bought that car. But the way I look at it is if you don't own your own home yet, or don't have a nice savings cushion don't take the risk just yet on a high maintenance sporty or luxury car just yet. Plus since it's not a trendy car and Toyota likes to keep their sales numbers high there are always great discounts. I got my SE for about $5,000 off the sticker price in August 2013 toward the end of the year sales."

Excellent Car, Quietest car I've ever owned, peppy

By on Thursday, May 28, 2015

Pros: "Quiet, mileage/range, peppy, clean lines"

Cons: "trunk space"

"Quietest car I've ever owned in all driving modes. Well insulated cabin. Not a lot of difference in mileage in Eco mode. Acceleration is excellent when electric assist engages, great for driving in city traffic. Don't know about noise level in gas version...according to the math I've done and my driving habits (30k/year) the break even point on upgrading to the hybrid is gas at 3.25/gallon. Average trunk space. Gas powered offers much more trunk flexibility with fold down seats."

Great car

By on Friday, May 08, 2015

Reason: Change

"Good"

you do not have a box for hybrid,

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

"this should give me better trade"

Awesome Vehicle

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Great price, handles well, very comfortable ride"

"The 2012 Camry is a great ride for the price. Paid about 23K after adding leather seats. Handles well and accelerates adequately when needed."

Very nice car equipped w/convenience pkg.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "solid car"

Cons: "MPG is lower than expected for a 4cyl"

"4 cyl is noisey. Moderate road noise level. Steering is surprising responsive. Decent feedback Primarily used in around town driving, after 7100 miles the MPG is averaging 24.6."

Best sedan - value for money

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage, decent power, good looks"

"Bought the new 2013 camry hybrid. Good city mileage and comfort. Happy and glad that i bought this car."

Best Car you can buy!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Excellent ride. Good MPG"

"I bought the car when I retired and it has been one of my best decisions ever. Ride is very confortable. I had no repair to do. It feels powerful if I want. Most of the time I run it looking at the gauge that tells me when I am being efficient and I pace myself. I can get 40 MPG but my wife reduces my rate so we are averaging 37 MPG. Very good milage for a very confortable car. I highly recommend it."

Buy an Altima

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Styling. Entune. Satellite radio is the best."

Cons: "Steering is not great. leather package on SE :("

"After comparing the Nissan Altima and the Toyota Camry similar models and engine size. Apples to Apples. I decided to buy the 2012 Camry. After driving the car for 13 months. My wife needed a car and we bought a used 2012 Altima SR with the same mileage. The Altima is the similar model to my Camry SE. The Altima was hands down built better. Driving is night and day. It appears Toyota does not have as much control as the Altima does. I also find my Camry drifting all within the lane while driving. My Altima performs like it is on rails. I have no doubt the engine and transmission will last... but I feel Toyota and Nissan both perform well within that department."

good car for varied evetday use

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "just a very good driving handing familt type car."

Cons: "i have none"

"love the car,but I have to get a handicapped van duto medical problems I just developed,and have to carry around a scooter or power chair."

GREAT CAR

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"great CAR HAVE OWNED HONDA, INFINITI,TOYOTA THIS IS THE BEST FUEL MILEAGE IS GREAT, SMOOTH RIDE, GOOD QUALITY."

Once you test this car, you'll love it

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Bumper to bumper a great car"

"I was looking for a new ride for almost a year. Tested many cars including Sonata, Altima, Legacy, Accord. When I tried the Camry, everything went mute... it was an authentic pleasure driving this 2012 Camry SE, I tried every trim, and I kept coming back to the SE. I choose the Black Attitude interior with a Gray Metallic exterior, such a beautiful combination. No regrets, great gas savings, great comfort, and the most important thing...I enjoy every mile going by in the car odometer. By the way I drove from Maryland to Michigan on 1 tank of fuel, and still had plenty of gas for 2 more hours of driving. This is not the hybrid model, but this 4cyl car according to the car fuel consumer tracking system, was eating 39.8 miles per gallon!!!"

The best vehicle ever

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, handling, interior room and quality"

Cons: "LE model..darker window tint.."

"Had not owned a car in quite awhile (drove crossover) and as such decided it time to get back to my specific needs. Chose the 2012 Camry LE with 2.5 (4 cyl). Only option I put on my LE was the 8 way power driver seat. Absolutely love this vehicle. Quality is superb and love the way it handles. Power in this car is plenty and acceleration is a non issue. Quality interior/exterior excellent. I have a red exterior with beige cloth interior. What sold me was the quality workmanship, handling, ride, power and interior room. Rear passenger leg and shoulder room superb. Trunk space plenty. My wife loves to drive the vehicle though her car is a Buick Enclave, which she loves. Gas mileage is as advertised. In some cases I am getting better than the advertised 35mpg highway. Standard Bluetooth with smart phone connection and Pandora connection makes it safe for hands on driving and receiving/making a phone call. Only minor issue I have with the vehicle is sometimes water will drip off the side of trunk lid into the trunk compartment when you first open the trunk if the top of the trunk lid has water/dew on it. Also, wish the LE came with alittle darker window tint. I had that professionally installed after I purchased vehicle. Everytime I drive this vehicle I smile. I forgot how fun a car can be to drive. Toyota Care unbelievable though I have never had to use it except for routine maintenance such as oil change/tire rotation etc..Never owned a Toyota product but this one will have me coming back for more.."

Very impressed

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Highway MPG 40 . quiet, comfortable, bluetooth"

Cons: "White fabric will not look good as car ages."

"I have a 2012 Camry LE with 10k miles on it. This a great car. It has an EPA rating of 35 mpg highway, but I have been getting 38-41 Mpg consistantly on long trips. The touch screen radio with blue tooth, USB and ipod jack is awesome. 10 airbags, STAR safety statem, 2 year toyota care maintenance, were all selling points for me. My only complaint so far is that the cloth interior has a white, mesh-like design in the front and back seats. This is already starting to show stains from everyday use. Bottom line: amazing highway MPG, very safe, awesome car."