2014 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,488 - $21,436.

10/7.4

Based on 260 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Great milage at 36 on hwy

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

"The SE rides stiff so for a softer ride take the LE"

Very reliable

By on Friday, May 01, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive, corners well, very comfortable"

Cons: "Steering feels light, gas Millage exaggerated"

"This is the third Camry I have owned. So far is as reliable as ever. All my Camry's are still on the road. My son is driving one of them 2002. No problems to date and he loves it. They do hold their values!!!"

Actually I love this car...(my 15th vehicle)

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "reliable, luxurious, fast, hot ext, sweet features"

Cons: "not sure about smart key/push start/auto open"

"Looks hot. I cant say much of anything else looks hot in my opinion. Toyota to me is the most reliable and cost effective newer car to own. (our third toyota) Nice inside (feels luxurious, enough space for four, big sunroof, awesome nav,sound, voice features, love stereo and speakers, quiet ride, good safety features and ratings, cup holders galore, nice sunvisers, nice mirrors, awesome blind spot warning lights add safety, very comfy seats, nice leather, very pretty interior, holders for all my junk, outlets in multi places, plus cable, sweet wood grain feature (in dark brown), nice display (not too bright,adjustable, nice colors and lights), clock and directional and all sensors needed, nice shifter, nice knee pad for driver leg, nice high arm rests for driver on both sides, nice window and sunroof auto open/closers, two comfortable back seats, decent visability, nice warranties r transferable,nice roomy trunk, nice fold down seats option, front seats recline 100% back for a comfy sleep, navigation is big clear and easy and offers 3 visible routes, voice command is way cool, supper snappy lightning fast ride. makes our celica feel like a jalopy. jury is still out on the keyless entry keyless start smart key. They are way expensive to replace, and I hope they dont cause a safety issue for my little boys. Jury is still out on gas mileage. so far seems ave. but..i have the v6 which is much different than the 4. Jury is still out on sos option. think i dont need it. rather get service fast I cant believe this car is so awesome. Luxurious, very attractive in and out, high tech, comfy, and a reliable ride that over time costs less to own than most cars. Soooo happy! Our dad recommended this car to us, since he has one similar le older model. Me:mom of two, likes ritz carlton comfort but at a great value, took auto mechanics in college, collected antique vws, love jeep cherokee, had two nissan 300zx's, had a volvo, audi, toyota sienna and toyota celica. This is my fav so far...except the nostalgia of the vws."

Great car

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"I bought a 2013 used Camry LE with 15,000 miles. 4 months later, I traded it in on a new 2013 Camry LE. I love the way the car rides. It is very responsive, gets good mileage. Unfortunately, while sitting at a red light, a pickup struck me in the right rear and sideswiped the right side of the car. It only had 1372 miles on it. Can't wait to return the rental and pick up my Toyota."

Great driving car

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Great power, attractive, intuitive, great radio"

Cons: "White seats only with red car, gas mileage not as"

"I searched a lot of brands and looked at a bunch of cars on the internet before buying this one. Main reason for buying a new car was gas mileage. And there is the only rub I have with the car so far. Mostly around town driving but only getting 23.8 avg. according to the cars estimate. I don't understand this as I read the other peoples ratings of this car. Could it be just mine? Love the radio and blue tooth which automatically sincs with my phone when I start the car. Very nice. Car is elegantly styled inside but I don't like the white which is showing every little piece of dirt. Couldn't get grey with the Red car I wanted. Only other Con I have is some parts seem extremely cheap. Trunk seems very flimsy, I guess to save on weight. It seems I am knocking the car quiet a bit but understand I do love this car. Its powerful, intuitively designed and great looking. Several compliments so far. Toyota's rating with several agencies was a big part in my decision to buy Toyota. Very dependable forever seems like. Go get you one."

Great Value

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "spacious, excellent Bluetooth connection"

Cons: "road noise"

"I haven't experienced major problems. The mpg is very good (it's almost like a hybrid in disguise), the ride is smooth, and the features resemble that of a luxury car's features. Toyota did a really good job redesigning the interior, but I sort of wish the exterior looks a little better (it kind of just looks like a huge corolla). Nonetheless, the Camry is a great car for simple commuting!"

Perfect Card and Great Value

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

"We just traded our 2007 Honda Accord to 2012 Toyota Camry SE. We are really happy switching our brand to Toyota. This car engine is so quite, great interior, I love the handsfree blue tooth connection."

great mpg

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Cons: "needs a power outlet in back."

"The Camry SE is great on gas mileage (38-40 on trips)Good power with a 4 cyl. Will buy another one in 2015 if they will deal. Hope the new one will get even better mileage. The comfort of the seats are good. Have driven 10 hours ,without any discomfort."

Good value for the money

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Stable on the highway when passing the bigrigs"

Cons: "Cheep tires"

"Purchased the vehicle new (Camry SE) in January of 2013. I drive a good bit so I quickly rack up miles on a vehicle. Fuel mileage has been good. The lowest mileage that it has given was 25 mpg, this was sitting in heavy stop and go traffic. Most of the time it averages 28 to 30 mpg commuting to and from work. The only thing that I can complain about is the tires, they seem as if they are low quality (cheep) and generate some road noise. Other than that the car has been great."

love many things about this vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "love alot of things about this car"

Cons: "Hate seatbelt dinging and charge $50 to disable"

"this is the first vehicle I've owened that wasnt a pick up in almost 20 years.I am very happy with the purchase of my new Camry. I did tons of research and think this is the best car out there for your $.very resonable with many extras"

Great car

By on Friday, May 08, 2015

Reason: Change

"Good"

Awesome Vehicle

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Great price, handles well, very comfortable ride"

"The 2012 Camry is a great ride for the price. Paid about 23K after adding leather seats. Handles well and accelerates adequately when needed."

Very nice car equipped w/convenience pkg.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "solid car"

Cons: "MPG is lower than expected for a 4cyl"

"4 cyl is noisey. Moderate road noise level. Steering is surprising responsive. Decent feedback Primarily used in around town driving, after 7100 miles the MPG is averaging 24.6."

Best sedan - value for money

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage, decent power, good looks"

"Bought the new 2013 camry hybrid. Good city mileage and comfort. Happy and glad that i bought this car."

Best Car you can buy!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Excellent ride. Good MPG"

"I bought the car when I retired and it has been one of my best decisions ever. Ride is very confortable. I had no repair to do. It feels powerful if I want. Most of the time I run it looking at the gauge that tells me when I am being efficient and I pace myself. I can get 40 MPG but my wife reduces my rate so we are averaging 37 MPG. Very good milage for a very confortable car. I highly recommend it."

Buy an Altima

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Styling. Entune. Satellite radio is the best."

Cons: "Steering is not great. leather package on SE :("

"After comparing the Nissan Altima and the Toyota Camry similar models and engine size. Apples to Apples. I decided to buy the 2012 Camry. After driving the car for 13 months. My wife needed a car and we bought a used 2012 Altima SR with the same mileage. The Altima is the similar model to my Camry SE. The Altima was hands down built better. Driving is night and day. It appears Toyota does not have as much control as the Altima does. I also find my Camry drifting all within the lane while driving. My Altima performs like it is on rails. I have no doubt the engine and transmission will last... but I feel Toyota and Nissan both perform well within that department."

good car for varied evetday use

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "just a very good driving handing familt type car."

Cons: "i have none"

"love the car,but I have to get a handicapped van duto medical problems I just developed,and have to carry around a scooter or power chair."

GREAT CAR

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"great CAR HAVE OWNED HONDA, INFINITI,TOYOTA THIS IS THE BEST FUEL MILEAGE IS GREAT, SMOOTH RIDE, GOOD QUALITY."

Once you test this car, you'll love it

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Bumper to bumper a great car"

"I was looking for a new ride for almost a year. Tested many cars including Sonata, Altima, Legacy, Accord. When I tried the Camry, everything went mute... it was an authentic pleasure driving this 2012 Camry SE, I tried every trim, and I kept coming back to the SE. I choose the Black Attitude interior with a Gray Metallic exterior, such a beautiful combination. No regrets, great gas savings, great comfort, and the most important thing...I enjoy every mile going by in the car odometer. By the way I drove from Maryland to Michigan on 1 tank of fuel, and still had plenty of gas for 2 more hours of driving. This is not the hybrid model, but this 4cyl car according to the car fuel consumer tracking system, was eating 39.8 miles per gallon!!!"

The best vehicle ever

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, handling, interior room and quality"

Cons: "LE model..darker window tint.."

"Had not owned a car in quite awhile (drove crossover) and as such decided it time to get back to my specific needs. Chose the 2012 Camry LE with 2.5 (4 cyl). Only option I put on my LE was the 8 way power driver seat. Absolutely love this vehicle. Quality is superb and love the way it handles. Power in this car is plenty and acceleration is a non issue. Quality interior/exterior excellent. I have a red exterior with beige cloth interior. What sold me was the quality workmanship, handling, ride, power and interior room. Rear passenger leg and shoulder room superb. Trunk space plenty. My wife loves to drive the vehicle though her car is a Buick Enclave, which she loves. Gas mileage is as advertised. In some cases I am getting better than the advertised 35mpg highway. Standard Bluetooth with smart phone connection and Pandora connection makes it safe for hands on driving and receiving/making a phone call. Only minor issue I have with the vehicle is sometimes water will drip off the side of trunk lid into the trunk compartment when you first open the trunk if the top of the trunk lid has water/dew on it. Also, wish the LE came with alittle darker window tint. I had that professionally installed after I purchased vehicle. Everytime I drive this vehicle I smile. I forgot how fun a car can be to drive. Toyota Care unbelievable though I have never had to use it except for routine maintenance such as oil change/tire rotation etc..Never owned a Toyota product but this one will have me coming back for more.."

Very impressed

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Highway MPG 40 . quiet, comfortable, bluetooth"

Cons: "White fabric will not look good as car ages."

"I have a 2012 Camry LE with 10k miles on it. This a great car. It has an EPA rating of 35 mpg highway, but I have been getting 38-41 Mpg consistantly on long trips. The touch screen radio with blue tooth, USB and ipod jack is awesome. 10 airbags, STAR safety statem, 2 year toyota care maintenance, were all selling points for me. My only complaint so far is that the cloth interior has a white, mesh-like design in the front and back seats. This is already starting to show stains from everyday use. Bottom line: amazing highway MPG, very safe, awesome car."

drives nice but poor ergonomics & entune disaster

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Fast but efficient car"

Cons: "interior design and Entune"

"The car does drive nicely -- it has an excellent combination of power while maintaining good fuel economy. When you turn off "eco mode" it accelerates quickly. the trunk pass through is nice despite batteries being back there. However, at this level of car and this price tag I expect more than a basic experience. The ergonomics throughout are bad to terrible. The switches one would use while driving are mounted in the center where one has to take eyes off road to use. The switches not normally used such as the blind spot monitor (which works well) are next to the steering wheel. It display an eco mode indicator on the dash even though as a hybrid you bought it for fuel efficiency and usually have it in that mode. Thus, Toyota should consider eco mode the normal mode of operation and 'power' mode (not operating in eco mode) to be worthy of an indicator. Toyota has no lock on the trunk release switch so you cannot lock anything in your trunk. all you have to do is bust a window of any such vehicle and you have full access to the trunk, no tools needed. This defeats the point of secure storage in the trunk. Now we get to the real sore spot, "Entune". Mine has already required repair as the voice command crashed the whole system. radio, map, everything. Even after they "fixed" it the voice command often takes 20+ seconds to load, not counting the 2 to 5 minutes initialization time when starting the car. It cannot function @ at during calls while you are supposed to be able to tell it to send touch tones (such as automated systems that call you back and say "press 1 to continue"). It cannot understand a lot of what is clearly said. The map hard to move around and find alternate routes to traffic jams. Car navigation is nice even with smartphones because its in front of you, does not rely upon cell networks, bigger screen, etc. but this defeats most of that. It is definitely a disappointment."

Love it!

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, speed, good gas mileage, large trunk"

Cons: "None!"

"I have been a Nissan owner for about ten years I owned two Pathfinders, a Maxima, and a Murano, and none of them compare to my new Camry XLE. I was ready to get away from Nissan, and I am really glad I did. After looking at the Honda Accord and CRV, and the Chevrolet Equinox, I chose to look at a Camry, not expecting to purchase one, I was so used to SUV's, I just knew the CRV was going to be my choice. It only took sitting in the driver's seat to know that this was my new baby. I absolutely LOVE it! We took it on a road trip the day after we bought it and averaged about 38 miles to the gallon - quite a difference from the Pathfinder at 18 mpg. It is comfortable, smooth, and a joy to drive. I don't usually like to drive on our road trips, but I like the car so much I drove all the way back home. I love the fact that you just push a button to start it and that you touch the door handle to unlock the doors (as long as you have the remote). I had some trouble getting the Entune hooked up, but I think the kinks have been worked out on that. The Navigation system is not as user friendly as the Pathfinder's was, but I will eventually get used to it. The back up camera is clear. As soon as the blind spot monitoring device is available, I plan on taking the car back to the dealer to have that put in. It truly has all of the features of a luxury car, and I am so glad that I chose this over the other cars. I got many more features and accessories for the same amount of money compared to the Equinox, CRV, and Accord. Those that have written that if you drive it, you will buy it are telling the truth. I think I have become a lifetime Toyota Camry fan!"

The greatest "boring" car I have ever driven.

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "Refined, smooth, quiet, powerful, good handling."

Cons: "Interior design and materials, I'm now boring."

"I was never a Toyota fan until I drove the 2012 SE I4, the ride quality, smoothness, comfort, power, handling, fuel efficiency, and safety compares very favorably with the competition I tested. No left pull issues or limited outward rear visibility of the Optima / Sonata. No noisy cabin of an Accord and the Camry has a 6sp instead of the Honda's 5sp transmission. Statistically and historically the Camry is more reliable than the VW Passat. More room than a Nissan Altima especially in the rear seat. Better safety ratings than a Mazda 6, with Camry's 10 air bags including the knee and rear side bolster protection. Made in the U.S. without the inconsistent quality and reliability issues of Ford, GM, or Chrysler vehicles. The Camry is definitely not perfect although overall it is a very refined, well-balanced, and safe car capable of obtaining the high fuel mileage of my much smaller Honda Civic."

BEST CAR - EVER!

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "Great blend of power, comfort and MPG"

Cons: "Absolutely NOTHING"

"I have the Camry Hybrid. VERY nicely appointed inside with just about every option available, this car rides and handles like a dream. And it REALLY does get 40+ MPG, even in city/town driving. It provides an excellent combination of style, ride, power and fuel efficiency. It IS a bit pricey, but well worth the extra cost. If you are trying to decide between the standard and the hybrid versions - TAKE THE HYBRID. You will not be sorry. I have found nothing about this vehicle that is even a slight negative. Even after six months of ownership."