2014 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,455 - $21,294.

10/7.4

8.4

Based on 237 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

good vehicle

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "good gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "bad paint, no garage door opener"

"I do like the Camry SE. I get good gas mileage with this car being that I drive 100 miles a day for work. But I have to say that the paint on this car is the worst I have ever seen. I have only had this car for 1 1/2 years and it has so many chips on the hood and the paint on the hood is in a swirling pattern. I have never had a car that chipped as easily. I don't know if I would buy another Toyota due to that very fact."

Did not have any trouble always dependable.

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

"Car is very good shape, serviced regularly by Toyota, garaged. I buy a car every three years and only Toyota."

Great reliable basic car. Love the 40 mpg!

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "miliage (40 mpg), no rattles even after 112k+"

Cons: "road noise, poor performing blue tooth for phone,"

"I have over 112,000 miles on this car and it is as tight and solid as brand new. No major repairs - just regular maintenance - with one exception: passenger power seat failed to move - Toyota dealer quoted $1300 to repair and replace the broken lower seat unit ($700 for part + $600 labor). He was nice enough to give me an online site though, where I found a used part in CA - part was only $50 but shipping (entire seat) was $150. Spent 5-6 hrs myself and fixed it for total of $200. Toyota customer service 800 number was no help due to high mileage - they in fact were quite rude - no help at all. Still over all, Toyota makes a good solid product and I would buy one again. 36-40 mpg means I get 500 miles+ to every 14 gallon tank of fuel - really nice when gas was near $4/gal. I recommend this car."

too many no no's

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

black widow

"OK since week 2 I have not been someone who would want this car as a long term driver. I have 9 months left on a 2 yr lease and can't wait to own something else. These are not serious issues, but rather quirks that can make driving unsafe. 1.headlights - projector beam type - they do not illuminate far enough in front and seem to be aimed too low. Google the problem for yourself. Can be dangerous when reaching the bottom of a downhill 2 lane road. You can't see the area ahead on the uphill portion of the road. 2.roof pillar - drivers side - creates a blind spot too often, however seat adjustment can resolve this but makes driving position uncomfortable. 3.dashboard - sun glare reflects onto windshield distorting vision. 4.transmission - gearing does not allow the engine to be used to slow the car. 2nd gear downhill speeds can reach 40mph, 1st gear can reach 25+mph."

black widow

Great vehicle with bad quality sound system XSE

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

"Never thought I would be in such a disappointment with Toyota! I have always been a fan of Toyota cars, and own them. However this time I had a very bad experience from the Toyota Company and I feel that I had to share my experience! I walked into the dealer knowing exactly what I wanted to purchase, which was the brand new 2015 Camry XSE. One of my most important concerns about my car is the stereo and speakers. I believe that we spend so much time in our cars and I love to listen to my music while I'm driving so therefore my stereo and speakers needs to have the best quality. While doing my research on the car it explains that this car (Camry XSE 2015) has 10 speakers, so my expectations about my stereo were met, or so I thought. When I walked into the dealer and signed the contract it also stated that the vehicle had 10 speakers. As I drove the car for a couple of a days, I noticed that the speakers were not as loud as I thought/ expected from 10 speakers. So I started examining the car, and noticed that I had only located 8 speakers in the entire car. I took the car to the dealership; they could only locate 8 speakers as well. Five speakers in front, two very small speakers in back and one subwoofer that doesn't work!! Really!! The car has two spaces in the back where it should fit two big speakers, one is filled with a worthless subwoofer and the other space is empty. What kinds of manufacturers design this kind of sound system???? I immediately took the car back but TOYOTA would not do anything to accommodate me for this issue. I called corporate and they did not seem like they wanted to help me either! I paid $5k extra in order to get the premium package, but corporate tries to tell me that since this car is eco-friendly, this is all the quality I will get. They also mentioned that I have to maximize the sound to be able to hear the music, which makes NO sense to me what so ever! If I’m purchasing a new vehicle, and paying a lot of extra money for it, I would like my expectations from the car to be met ESPECIALLY when the contract states that there must be 10 speakers in the car! I shouldn't have to spend more money to change the speakers of a brand new car, since the Toyota contract is misleading, and I trusted them enough to sign! I'm VERY disappointed with TOYOTA! I'm unhappy with my $35K purchase due to misleading info, and I will NEVER walk into any TOYOTA dealership again. I just though I should share my experience with everyone so this doesn't happen to anyone else."