2014 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,610 - $21,402.

10/7.4

Based on 205 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

1,000 miles and not thrilled (yet)

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, reliable"

Cons: "lacking storage, not as good on gas as expected"

"So my review is based on trading in my 2007 Camry which I really loved. Only traded it for the 2014 model because I was going to need a bunch of standard work on the car (tires, brakes, shocks, etc...136,000 miles and never had the shocks done...never needed it until recently!) and I thought I'd use that money to invest in the new car. There are some real misses in the 2014. Transmission: Is it me or does anyone else find the transmission a bit clunky? The "eco" mode is odd and feels like it's shifting into another gear. Gas mileage - the car tracks this for you and so far, even though I commute via highway every day, I have yet to get my 35 mpg. This is very disappointing. Bluetooth - haven't used it much more than making calls because it's really not working right in maps/navigation mode. Not sure if that's my phone or the car. Need to read/research more. Storage - compared to my 2007 camry, the storage is gone! The glove box is tiny, the small but convenient storage pockets next to center console (perfect for a tire pressure gage or an ipod) are gone. The center console storage is much smaller than past models, and the car is missing the build-in trunk storage (just a small, plastic cut out into the floor of the trunk in my 2007 model) that was perfect for keeping small tools and a flashlight from rolling around. I'm glad I kept my cargo net from my old camry. Also, the storage behind the front seats is just a little pocket. In my 2007 camry it was a roomy pull out pocket with fantastic space for anything, including umbrellas. The pockets used to have a little expander on the sides, and now it's just a cheap pocket. There is an improved storage add in this mode: all 4 doors have an area for water bottle storage. Seating - I haven't sat in the back but the front seats are just not as nice as in the past. Feels cheap, like an airline seat. Takes forever to get the lumbar and other controls right. The back seats have a built-in, non adjustable headrest...again, a cheap shortcut."

Too much road noise

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Road noise is excessive. Has good feel, easily controlled, great power. Would give it even higher rating if road noise could be reduced. I had bottom sprayed with noise barrier product, but reduction was barely audible. My 2004 Avalon was dead quiet."

A sleeper car. V6 is pretty quick.

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Good performance"

Cons: "Comfortable go kart."

"Not touring car but excellent daily driver. Can handle traffic with any car or truck. Good on tollways with faster speed limits."

drives nice but poor ergonomics & entune disaster

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Fast but efficient car"

Cons: "interior design and Entune"

"The car does drive nicely -- it has an excellent combination of power while maintaining good fuel economy. When you turn off "eco mode" it accelerates quickly. the trunk pass through is nice despite batteries being back there. However, at this level of car and this price tag I expect more than a basic experience. The ergonomics throughout are bad to terrible. The switches one would use while driving are mounted in the center where one has to take eyes off road to use. The switches not normally used such as the blind spot monitor (which works well) are next to the steering wheel. It display an eco mode indicator on the dash even though as a hybrid you bought it for fuel efficiency and usually have it in that mode. Thus, Toyota should consider eco mode the normal mode of operation and 'power' mode (not operating in eco mode) to be worthy of an indicator. Toyota has no lock on the trunk release switch so you cannot lock anything in your trunk. all you have to do is bust a window of any such vehicle and you have full access to the trunk, no tools needed. This defeats the point of secure storage in the trunk. Now we get to the real sore spot, "Entune". Mine has already required repair as the voice command crashed the whole system. radio, map, everything. Even after they "fixed" it the voice command often takes 20+ seconds to load, not counting the 2 to 5 minutes initialization time when starting the car. It cannot function @ at during calls while you are supposed to be able to tell it to send touch tones (such as automated systems that call you back and say "press 1 to continue"). It cannot understand a lot of what is clearly said. The map hard to move around and find alternate routes to traffic jams. Car navigation is nice even with smartphones because its in front of you, does not rely upon cell networks, bigger screen, etc. but this defeats most of that. It is definitely a disappointment."

nice car