2014 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,267 - $21,162.

10/7.4

Based on 245 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

THis one has me sold on Camrys!

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Great value and fuel economy, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Lack of acceleration in the 4cyl engine"

"I'm extremely satsified with this car. The only downside is the 4cyl engine, which lacks for acceleration. But, that's the price you pay when you want fuel economy, and this car has delivered that. As retirees, we do a lot of traveling around the country, and I've averaged as much as 38mpg on a tankload. The ride is very comfortable for those long trips too."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Great price, handles well, very comfortable ride"

"The 2012 Camry is a great ride for the price. Paid about 23K after adding leather seats. Handles well and accelerates adequately when needed."

Owned many vehicles THIS IS GREAT!

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive. Looks. Reliability. Resale value."

"I love the way it rides and best gas mileage of any car that I've owned. Don't know why some people complain about not getting good gas mileage. Funny I get 32 in town and have gotten up to 42 hwy, but avg 38. I really think those that complain are those that have a lead foot. I don't. I ease on pedal trying to keep eco light on and let up before I reach the rear of the car in front of me. People speed! Let's face it. No car is going to give you the mileage you expect that way. The speed limit signs posted are the max speed you should be driving not the min. I'll drive 5 miles over the limit and people still pass me. Guess that's why I can proudly say I haven't had a ticket since 1991. If you got a lead foot quit your complaining. Another fact I find is the reliability. Had my camry for 2 years now and hasn't had any trouble at all. Most cars I've owned till now saw the garage more than I see a doctor. Won't buy anything other than a Toyota."

Everything promised is delivered

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pros: "Value room ride safety reliability Paddle shifter!"

Cons: "center console set up could be more ergonomic"

"Cars like Camry Accord and fusion are an improvement over the "junk" that was marketed years ago. It's tough to keep one-upping the better performers in this category, so the proof is usually in the numbers and this car is at or near the top for so many years simply because it delivers all it promises. Reliability is great, good room, good ride, good mileage and a 10 airbag full safety system. All for under $25K out the door. My secretary drove an '01 til she retired and it still looks great around town. She still reminds me that she's almost 9 years without a car payment. If you need to live through your car, go blow your kids college tuition for a 3 year status symbol, but if your smart you will look at this car and laugh all the way to the bank."

I get it!!!

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive, smooth and quite ride."

If that car doesnt look good we have way different taste.

"I am 66 years old and have had most every luxury brand as well as luxury sports cars through the years. Had a Lexus GS some years ago so I have some familiarity with a Toyota product. Having no need to spend ridiculous money on a more expensive car since I don't spend anywhere the amount of time in a car like I used to, I went for the 2014.5 Camry XLE for its rich looks, (A picture tells a thousand words in the right color) and reliability. I just want to say again, after 10 months with this car, I get it!!!!"

If that car doesnt look good we have way different taste.

Has a number of design flaws

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable interior"

Cons: "See review"

"1) Too much off the windshield, 2) Right front cross bar interferes with vision, 3) car is too low in the right 4) ride is too choppy 5) center console controls too and difficult to adjust while driving 6) glare off the rearview camera can make it useless 7) average gas mileage is 24.2 way under what is advertised."

Good car but did not get the mileage advertised

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

"We have enjoyed the Camry and it is a dependable vehicle but I am not sure if the extra expense of getting the hybrid really paid off for us. We average about 30 MPG and probably could have done better with a different non-hybrid model."

LOVE THIS CAR!!!

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, cozy, amazing stereo"

Cons: "paint chips"

"I have the i4 SE model and i think it's great. Super comfortable. Nice thick steering wheel, easy to drive, excels super fast. All around pretty nice car. The paint does chip a little but nothing too bad and I've covered it up with touch up paint fine. But i love this car so much"

good vehicle

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "good gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "bad paint, no garage door opener"

"I do like the Camry SE. I get good gas mileage with this car being that I drive 100 miles a day for work. But I have to say that the paint on this car is the worst I have ever seen. I have only had this car for 1 1/2 years and it has so many chips on the hood and the paint on the hood is in a swirling pattern. I have never had a car that chipped as easily. I don't know if I would buy another Toyota due to that very fact."

Did not have any trouble always dependable.

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

"Car is very good shape, serviced regularly by Toyota, garaged. I buy a car every three years and only Toyota."

Great reliable basic car. Love the 40 mpg!

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "miliage (40 mpg), no rattles even after 112k+"

Cons: "road noise, poor performing blue tooth for phone,"

"I have over 112,000 miles on this car and it is as tight and solid as brand new. No major repairs - just regular maintenance - with one exception: passenger power seat failed to move - Toyota dealer quoted $1300 to repair and replace the broken lower seat unit ($700 for part + $600 labor). He was nice enough to give me an online site though, where I found a used part in CA - part was only $50 but shipping (entire seat) was $150. Spent 5-6 hrs myself and fixed it for total of $200. Toyota customer service 800 number was no help due to high mileage - they in fact were quite rude - no help at all. Still over all, Toyota makes a good solid product and I would buy one again. 36-40 mpg means I get 500 miles+ to every 14 gallon tank of fuel - really nice when gas was near $4/gal. I recommend this car."

too many no no's

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

black widow

"OK since week 2 I have not been someone who would want this car as a long term driver. I have 9 months left on a 2 yr lease and can't wait to own something else. These are not serious issues, but rather quirks that can make driving unsafe. 1.headlights - projector beam type - they do not illuminate far enough in front and seem to be aimed too low. Google the problem for yourself. Can be dangerous when reaching the bottom of a downhill 2 lane road. You can't see the area ahead on the uphill portion of the road. 2.roof pillar - drivers side - creates a blind spot too often, however seat adjustment can resolve this but makes driving position uncomfortable. 3.dashboard - sun glare reflects onto windshield distorting vision. 4.transmission - gearing does not allow the engine to be used to slow the car. 2nd gear downhill speeds can reach 40mph, 1st gear can reach 25+mph."

black widow

Great vehicle with bad quality sound system XSE

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

"Never thought I would be in such a disappointment with Toyota! I have always been a fan of Toyota cars, and own them. However this time I had a very bad experience from the Toyota Company and I feel that I had to share my experience! I walked into the dealer knowing exactly what I wanted to purchase, which was the brand new 2015 Camry XSE. One of my most important concerns about my car is the stereo and speakers. I believe that we spend so much time in our cars and I love to listen to my music while I'm driving so therefore my stereo and speakers needs to have the best quality. While doing my research on the car it explains that this car (Camry XSE 2015) has 10 speakers, so my expectations about my stereo were met, or so I thought. When I walked into the dealer and signed the contract it also stated that the vehicle had 10 speakers. As I drove the car for a couple of a days, I noticed that the speakers were not as loud as I thought/ expected from 10 speakers. So I started examining the car, and noticed that I had only located 8 speakers in the entire car. I took the car to the dealership; they could only locate 8 speakers as well. Five speakers in front, two very small speakers in back and one subwoofer that doesn't work!! Really!! The car has two spaces in the back where it should fit two big speakers, one is filled with a worthless subwoofer and the other space is empty. What kinds of manufacturers design this kind of sound system???? I immediately took the car back but TOYOTA would not do anything to accommodate me for this issue. I called corporate and they did not seem like they wanted to help me either! I paid $5k extra in order to get the premium package, but corporate tries to tell me that since this car is eco-friendly, this is all the quality I will get. They also mentioned that I have to maximize the sound to be able to hear the music, which makes NO sense to me what so ever! If I’m purchasing a new vehicle, and paying a lot of extra money for it, I would like my expectations from the car to be met ESPECIALLY when the contract states that there must be 10 speakers in the car! I shouldn't have to spend more money to change the speakers of a brand new car, since the Toyota contract is misleading, and I trusted them enough to sign! I'm VERY disappointed with TOYOTA! I'm unhappy with my $35K purchase due to misleading info, and I will NEVER walk into any TOYOTA dealership again. I just though I should share my experience with everyone so this doesn't happen to anyone else."

Excellent, reliable, affordable and comfortable

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "Great price and fun to drive with paddle shifters"

"Light Silver exterior; black and grey leather trimmed seats; leather trimmed steering wheel; low mileage. Only reason to sell, we want an SUV."

Excellent ride!

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Great Gas milage, Bluetooth"

"I drive this car 120 miles/day on the hwy. I get about 34 miles to the gallon and a nice comfortable drive. I love the blue tooth in the car as I have to do business on the phone while driving down the road and this keeps my hands on the wheel. Very reliable, and comfortable. I have owned this car for over a year and had no problems. I put the synthetic oil in and go for 7,000 miles before an oil change. I did put Michelin Tires on for a smoother ride. I recommend this car to anyone that has to travel a distance to and from work! Plenty of legroom, great car!"

Nice Car

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, appearance, interior, decent power"

Cons: "Transmission jumpy"

"Car is nice, getting around 30 MPG in mixed mostly highway driving with very heavy lead foot. Sometimes the 6 speed transmission isn't sure what gear it wants to be in when accelerating. Steering wheel knobs get in the way of your hands sometimes. Not as zippy as an Accord, but decent for a 4 cyl. Other than that pretty solid, no complaints. Great leather, good controls, silky smooth."

a nothing vehicle

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "30 mpg, heater & ac work. radio okay, nothing spec"

Cons: "lousy ride, poor build, overpriced, not fun to dri"

"Frankly very disappointed in practically every aspect of this vehicle. Price is way too high for limited options. Poor ride, poor build, a rolling junker. will not buy another Toyota... ever, this purchase was a big mistake."

comfort not a good ride on long tripes

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "reliability a 10"

Cons: "hard ride"

"hard rideing"

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "No cons"

"The car is a pleasure to drive."

Nice vehicle - feels luxurious for the price

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Nice and comfortable to drive. Good visibility"

Cons: "small glove compartment"

"Overall, I am very happy with the 2013 Toyota Camry XLE. It's very quiet, the gas mileage is what I expected, and the ride is very comfortable. I would prefer that both backs of the back seat would fold down to provide greater access to space. I am a bit disappointed with the GPS that does not have the clarity and information that the GPS had in the 2005 Prius that I traded for the Camry. Radio operation is not as complicated as some reviews have said it to be."

What a relief!

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

"Bought the 2013 hybrid with 4,000 miles and traded my 2011 VW TDI Jetta which had numerous problems while under warranty. This car as been wonderful, absolutely no problems or complaints here. Looks like Toyota will have a new loyal customer."

I love this car.

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "Great price and dependable."

Cons: "A little stiff driving Should have back-up camera"

"I would like to see a softer ride and softer steering."

I love this car.

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "Easy to handle, feels very safe."

Cons: "Absolutely NONE!"

"This car is a lease, I have no choice but to let it run to term. Can't really afford it. My fault ,when I traded it in, I was up side down. I've never had any problems with any Toyota that I've had. I can't imagine owning any other make of car."

Greatest car I've ever owned.

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "With the V6, it will even climb a tree if you ask."

Cons: "None so far."

"Great car."

average vehicle

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "handles really well"

Cons: "navigation system is not the best"

"can hear a lot of road noise and feel every bump"