2013 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,986 - $20,902.

10/7.5

8.4

Based on 179 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

comfortable, easy to manuver, great mpg

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"Surprised with the pep the 4 cyinder has. Love the gas milage. Seats are extra comfortable. Easy to handle. Love the little extras such as trip milage, outside temp, alloy wheels, radio tells who is singing and the title of the song"

From a Honda to a Toyota... and not looking back

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage, fun to drive, exterior styling,"

Cons: "could do without the plastic in the dash"

The Zion Train

"Purchased my 2013 Camry SE, with 400 miles, now two months, and 2400 miles later, i am happy to say i am very impressed.. my initial impression, was 'I am too young to be driving this old people's car...' but after a test drive, and actually sitting inside the Camry, my perception quickly changed... though i do not have a back up camera, and lost the extra power i had with my V6 Accord EX, the gas mileage, and exterior styling make up for that. The bluetooth connectivity, LED Daytime running lights, and touch screen display audio, definitely bring out the 'Attitude' in the Attitude Black color nomenclature, that Toyota so appropriately gave it.."

The Zion Train

An excellent Value great mileage for a 6 cylinder.

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Price and design and ride and construction."

Cons: "Absolutley none..."

"I did a lot of reading and drove some different cars. IN the end the Camry SE V6 was the winner. Excellent interior much better then the 2011 and the ride and steering are exceptional. I believe the maintenance will also be exceptional. Haven't paid for an oil change yet... ;-)..."

best vehicle i ever own

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "gas milage"

Cons: "trunk volume because of battery"

"drives and handles like a dream gets 40+ mpg"

Definitely recommend

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"This is an awesome car! It handles beautifully, gets great gas mileage and has powerful pickup, especially when accelerating on the highway. I would recommend it to anyone."

LOVE IT!!!

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "I love the whole car."

Cons: "Front bumper is a little low so watch for curbs."

"I just bought this car a week and a half ago and I LOVE it. I have only ever owned Honda Accords and I always thought that's what I would buy. After an accident in January I had a 2011 Camry for a rental car for a week and feel in love with the car. I have wanted one ever since. After months of thinking about it I finally decided to go drive a new one. If you drive one I promise you will love it too. Because its heavier and a little bigger then the Accord I feel much safer in it. When driving my Accord I felt like I was driving around sitting on the ground and it was a lighter car so it just didn't feel as safe. I certainly don't regret my decision and I hope to get many years out of my new car. I decided if I was going to buy a new car and be stuck in a payment for years then I was going to get exactly what I wanted. I got all the options, leather, convenience package, etc and I love all of the features. I am so glad I paid the extra and got them. Drive one. You'll buy it."

Camry Hybrid... Drive it = Buy it

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "Ride like a Lexus with amazing mileage..."

Cons: "Dealer negotiations, pricey options"

"Camry? Oh yeah - drive it and you'll buy it... Have the hybrid model and even in 100 degree heat, we get 37mpg... Amazing... Thought I would miss My Mazdaspeed-3 - I adored that car... But at 3 years it started having weird problems (not for review here, so see Mazda3 info)... DON'T DRIVE the Camry Hybrid if you don't want to buy it... Drive it and you're hooked."

Best Overall in this category

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"Best 5 star car. Get the job done, Long lasting,Economical, Reliable, solid, resale value, cutting edge technolgy example rear camera, N tues, Bluethooth,Hands freee phone ,sun roof, all bells and whistles more important engine is good quality. For haters: no one put a gun on your head to buy camery. if you have mone go buy Ferrari, if you dont have money buy mustang, Camero etc etc. Cannot compare camry with mustang, camro etc. if toyota make camry like mustang then the sales wil drop signficantly. Look outside window and teel me how many mustang, Camero you see may be just few. But you may seen thousands of camry. WHY? becaue people spcially hardworking Americans like my self dont like to see car broke down every other day like my past Saturn, Cavalier, Taurus does. My hands off to these junk cars. I only buy toyota or Honda. Also camry is all american car why because it built in USA, so do accord build in Ohio. on the other hand Ford build in Mexico. Go figure. Toyota, Honda prvide thousads of jobs to Americans, while as Ford, Chevy otsource jobs to Mexico. Go figure you people are not Patriotic any more."

Overall a solid car. Entune a problem.

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Hybrid, handling, technology."

Cons: "Entune software a disaster."

"Overall, an impressive car. Never contemplated a Toyota, but am pleasantly surprised by the interior styling, overall technology, and the Hybrid drivetrain is the best. VERY QUIET and am getting 38 mpg overall with standard combination freeway and city driving. The 'Entune' software is a disaster. Doesn't sync with certain phones. Requires the App to be downloaded to your phone in order to use it; however, Toyota has not written Apps for the most common phones other than iPhone. Have written Toyota asking them to fix with no response or App written. Very frustrating about Toyota's lack of follow up or willingness to address what should be a pretty simple problem. High schoolers are writing Apps these days so how hard is it? Don't buy the XLE version unless you know your phone can sync with the Entune otherwise the upgraded price is not worth it. Other than that, the rest of the car is fantastic."

I love this car. I average 39-44 mpg per tank.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, technology features, safety features"

Cons: "Price"

"The seats are very comfortable, the gas mileage is great, and I've never had a single problem with the car. Also love the navigation system and Entune."

Great car!

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Great efficiency, superb engineering, good price"

Cons: "Dealers have limited amount of hybrids in-stock"

"I did a lot of research around hybrids due to the fact that I drive over 30,000 miles per year. Every review I read compared the vehicle to the Toyota Camry Hybrid. Once I drove it I knew it was the highest quality in the marketplace. I have far exceeded the advertised 40 EPA miles/gallon and have consistently attained 45.5 miles/gallon. I would recommend the Camry Hybrid to anyone and this coming from a long time Honda owner with an Accord that has 300,000 miles and an Odyssey with 210,000 miles."

EASILY THE BEST CAR FOR THE $$$$$$$

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "RIDE, ACCELL, FEELS SAFE AND TIGHT....GAS MILEAGE"

Cons: "CANT THINK OF ANY"

"I bought a 2012 CAMRY SE IN NOVEMBER 2011 AND I ALREADY PUT 26000 MILES ON IT SINCE I DRIVE IT ALOT....I HAVE DRIVEN 1500 MILE TRIPS 3 TIMES WITH THIS CAR ALREADY AND HAVEN'T HAD ANY ISSUES AT ANY TIME...THE RIDE IS SMOOTH AND QUIET AND THE STEERING FEEL IS NICE AND TIGHT...I HAVE MAINTAINED IT AND THE TIRES ARE STILL IN REAL GOOD SHAPE, I FEEL I'LL BE ABLE TO GET IT TO 45000-5000 BEFORE I HAVE TO CHANGE IT...MY CAR STILL FEELS BRAND NEW AND THE GAS MILEAGE HAS GOTTEN BETTER AS I AM AVERAGING 29MPG OVERALL AND AT 65MPH, IAM AT 37MPH....ALSO LOVE THE SAFETY OF IT, 10 AIR BAGS, GOOD TRACTION CONTROL AND STABILITY OF THE CAR WHEN I AM TURNING OR MERGING QUICKLY......GREAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Great car

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"I bought a 2013 used Camry LE with 15,000 miles. 4 months later, I traded it in on a new 2013 Camry LE. I love the way the car rides. It is very responsive, gets good mileage. Unfortunately, while sitting at a red light, a pickup struck me in the right rear and sideswiped the right side of the car. It only had 1372 miles on it. Can't wait to return the rental and pick up my Toyota."

Reliable but Behind on Technology

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Great reliablilty, Holds its value"

Cons: "Tight fitting Poor Technology, Poor MPG"

"Ask me about reliability and safety its tops but I own the car almost two years and the best MPG I get on the highway is 27 with the 4 cyl engine. Not happy about that. If you're over 6'2" not enough leg or head room in front and you CAN'T fit in the back. Technology terrible. After bringing the car in several times for losing the bluetooth connection I was told its my cell phone that was NO GOOD. GOT another NEW cell phone and guess what ????? Same problem. We decided to trade the car in. If you buy one buy the basic model because these features don't work. They won't ask anybody."

Great driving car

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Great power, attractive, intuitive, great radio"

Cons: "White seats only with red car, gas mileage not as"

"I searched a lot of brands and looked at a bunch of cars on the internet before buying this one. Main reason for buying a new car was gas mileage. And there is the only rub I have with the car so far. Mostly around town driving but only getting 23.8 avg. according to the cars estimate. I don't understand this as I read the other peoples ratings of this car. Could it be just mine? Love the radio and blue tooth which automatically sincs with my phone when I start the car. Very nice. Car is elegantly styled inside but I don't like the white which is showing every little piece of dirt. Couldn't get grey with the Red car I wanted. Only other Con I have is some parts seem extremely cheap. Trunk seems very flimsy, I guess to save on weight. It seems I am knocking the car quiet a bit but understand I do love this car. Its powerful, intuitively designed and great looking. Several compliments so far. Toyota's rating with several agencies was a big part in my decision to buy Toyota. Very dependable forever seems like. Go get you one."

Great Value

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "spacious, excellent Bluetooth connection"

Cons: "road noise"

"I haven't experienced major problems. The mpg is very good (it's almost like a hybrid in disguise), the ride is smooth, and the features resemble that of a luxury car's features. Toyota did a really good job redesigning the interior, but I sort of wish the exterior looks a little better (it kind of just looks like a huge corolla). Nonetheless, the Camry is a great car for simple commuting!"

Perfect Card and Great Value

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

"We just traded our 2007 Honda Accord to 2012 Toyota Camry SE. We are really happy switching our brand to Toyota. This car engine is so quite, great interior, I love the handsfree blue tooth connection."

And the winner is......

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, good MPG, intuitive interi"

Cons: "Black dash! Too hot...."

"Still a Toyota! Wanted something a little roomier than my Corolla which had 90k miles, and went with Camry LE 2012. Now have just a pinch under 43k miles, and drives like first day! Sorry to hear others have had probs, all I do is gas it up and go. MPG running 24-25 around town, which is mostly what I do. On highway, 29MPG, if I wasn't moving I wouldn't know car was on because VERY quiet cabin. During recall, Toyota reached out to me and fixed promptly. I've had all makes of vehicles, and Toyota is by far best for MPG, comfort, reliability, etc. (Subaru is 2nd). Unfortunately, reviews show a lot of negatives, but Toyotas, especially Camry and Corolla have been around eons, and that coupled with resale value outa tell you something...."

Great milage at 36 on hwy

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

"The SE rides stiff so for a softer ride take the LE"

Design for front end too low. Banged frequently.

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

"Overall value good. Need new front end design raised higher though."

Actually I love this car...(my 15th vehicle)

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "reliable, luxurious, fast, hot ext, sweet features"

Cons: "not sure about smart key/push start/auto open"

"Looks hot. I cant say much of anything else looks hot in my opinion. Toyota to me is the most reliable and cost effective newer car to own. (our third toyota) Nice inside (feels luxurious, enough space for four, big sunroof, awesome nav,sound, voice features, love stereo and speakers, quiet ride, good safety features and ratings, cup holders galore, nice sunvisers, nice mirrors, awesome blind spot warning lights add safety, very comfy seats, nice leather, very pretty interior, holders for all my junk, outlets in multi places, plus cable, sweet wood grain feature (in dark brown), nice display (not too bright,adjustable, nice colors and lights), clock and directional and all sensors needed, nice shifter, nice knee pad for driver leg, nice high arm rests for driver on both sides, nice window and sunroof auto open/closers, two comfortable back seats, decent visability, nice warranties r transferable,nice roomy trunk, nice fold down seats option, front seats recline 100% back for a comfy sleep, navigation is big clear and easy and offers 3 visible routes, voice command is way cool, supper snappy lightning fast ride. makes our celica feel like a jalopy. jury is still out on the keyless entry keyless start smart key. They are way expensive to replace, and I hope they dont cause a safety issue for my little boys. Jury is still out on gas mileage. so far seems ave. but..i have the v6 which is much different than the 4. Jury is still out on sos option. think i dont need it. rather get service fast I cant believe this car is so awesome. Luxurious, very attractive in and out, high tech, comfy, and a reliable ride that over time costs less to own than most cars. Soooo happy! Our dad recommended this car to us, since he has one similar le older model. Me:mom of two, likes ritz carlton comfort but at a great value, took auto mechanics in college, collected antique vws, love jeep cherokee, had two nissan 300zx's, had a volvo, audi, toyota sienna and toyota celica. This is my fav so far...except the nostalgia of the vws."

Good value for the money

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Stable on the highway when passing the bigrigs"

Cons: "Cheep tires"

"Purchased the vehicle new (Camry SE) in January of 2013. I drive a good bit so I quickly rack up miles on a vehicle. Fuel mileage has been good. The lowest mileage that it has given was 25 mpg, this was sitting in heavy stop and go traffic. Most of the time it averages 28 to 30 mpg commuting to and from work. The only thing that I can complain about is the tires, they seem as if they are low quality (cheep) and generate some road noise. Other than that the car has been great."

love many things about this vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "love alot of things about this car"

Cons: "Hate seatbelt dinging and charge $50 to disable"

"this is the first vehicle I've owened that wasnt a pick up in almost 20 years.I am very happy with the purchase of my new Camry. I did tons of research and think this is the best car out there for your $.very resonable with many extras"

New Camry has design flaws especially in SE model

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "More quantity for less price"

Cons: "Design Flaws (not defects), poor quality, Steering"

"I own the 2012 Toyota Camry SE 4 cylinder model & I regret buying the Camry & that too SE model in specific. If one is buying Camry then suggest read my below review & especially for SE version think twice because of experience on below issues. My below issues are exactly not defects but design flaws which even NHTSA will not force Toyota to resolve. So I have to live with those, no other option. I contacted Toyota for below problems & they just responded telling we have noted your issues under file number# and will make sure to fix in next iteration but no guarantees. They didn't make any effort to resolve these in my current car. The below issues are design flaws & missing attention to details read on… & please note that mine is single driver car & I use it smoothly & always maintain it more than what it requires. 1) SE model steering is unusually stiff & steering ratio is not correct & steering makes some gusss gusss sound... I do understand the SE is sports edition & hence steering is stiff but instead of designing it properly & differently for SE, Toyota just made it mechanically stiff. Firstly if you hear carefully then one can hear the mechanical gusss gusss sound on steering wheel rotation when taking off initially. This sound is the proof that they just made it mechanically stiff instead it should be motorized stiff which should vary based on the car speed. This kind of gusss gusss mechanical sound is not there even in Elantra sports edition which is also sports steering. Are you kidding me Toyota? On top of it being mechanically stiff rather than motorized stiff and not smooth, it has another big problem. Usually all stiff sports tuned steering require shorter steering wheel rotation but this one is opposite. It requires more rotation unlike other sports editions like in Accord or Sonata. So you will be presented with stiff sounding steering & top of it, it requires more turning effort when compared to other sports edition cars. Just imagine what it means to driving daily? Toyota didn't design the components & steering ratio properly for SE. One will not notice this in one test drive but definitely after couple of test drives or after owning it like me. 2) SE model suspension doesn't absorb all the bumps and more over slightest of tiny pot holes are also transferred into the cabin. I understand the SE is sports tuned & slightly 15% stiffer than regular Camry but that doesn't mean it should be designed badly? Even the slightest road irregularities like very tiny pot holes, a slight 5 mm thick line on the road / even some cases road markings (white yellow paint) are all translated into the cabin with a noise & feel as well. Is this the price you pay for $28,000 car? Sports Elantra does much better here & no way you can compare this with Sports edition of of Sonata & Accord. This is totally absent in New sports edition Accord/Sonata/Passat & which also have better handling & body roll than Camry according to experts too. Test all these for yourself and let me know if I am wrong. 3) SE model road noise is too much. I previously owned 2007 Sonata GLS & even in year 2012 its cabin & suspension sound was quite & smooth. But this 2012 Camry SE makes huge amount of Road noise & sometimes suspension sound too. I think what happened was for SE, Toyota made the suspension 15% strong & put the larger tires but failed to redesign the sound absorption/sound deadening accordingly. Other than Camry SE model this issue is not there on L, LE & XLE models. I can confirm that. 4) Ergonomics & Build Quality - Vibration issues, Windshield Glare, missing attention to details on all Camry models. I ask the readers to just do one simple test & Camry will fail instantly. Put all the Accord, Camry and Sonata in parking mode try to feel the vibrations through steering & gear knob. In Camry one can easily feel the steering wheel vibration and even the car vibrations too which new Sonata and Accord and Passat races ahead with flying colors. What happened to your vibration dampeners? Next Camry leaves lot of dashboard glare on to the windshield especially during bright/sunlight conditions, which I see Accord, Sonata do better job. Next let’s go to Camry instrument cluster. I wonder who is the engineer designed this instrument cluster? To save cost you have provided 2 push sticks to change instrument cluster settings like display, brightness, Avg Consumption etc. But that push stick control design is so poor that it lets in the dust easily because you people have holed it on to the cluster directly and that too without preventing/taking measure to make it dust/water proof. This in contrast to 2013 Accord/CRV they also have done the same thing but with difference that, they have insulated to make sure no dust/water goes inside the instrument cluster (dust/water proofing). See the difference between Honda and Toyota for yourself? This is still the case even in new Camry & one can observe it. Now my cluster has some dust inside of it, which there is no way to clean/rectify it. Kudos to Toyota design engineers. There are other issues too like power windows operation/feel is not as smooth as Passat and here Passat feels like built to last but Camry feels like built for only 3 years that’s when its warranty ends! So I have decided to sell my car just few months before the Warranty expires because I simply don't trust the build quality, missing attention to details & design flaws. Will never buy Toyota again & if anybody finds faults/wrongs with whatever I told then let me know, I can prove that I am correct in whatever I told above. Thanks, Chetan V Shirol"

Great value. Reliable, comfortable, very quiet.

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Great highway car...quiet, comfortable, great MPG"

Cons: "Some of the plastic is a little cheesy."

"Have had this for my LE for two years. It is a terrific highway cruiser. Very quiet at highway cruising speeds and the standard sound system is much better than I initially expected. The interior is so quiet at highway speeds, that we can have conversations without raising our voices...this is a welcome change from our Hyundai and Mazda. I get 26mpg overall (not much highway driving) and 36 to 40 on the highway during occasional longer trips. The 4 cylinder has adequate power (although I've never had it in the mountains...don't know how it will handle serious hills). Handling is fine, though not particularly sporty."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25