2012 Toyota Camry

Based on 299 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Exactly what I expected - reliable fun.

By on Saturday, June 06, 2015

Pros: "Great price, reliable, good acceleration, comfort"

Cons: "Inside materials scratch easily"

"I bought my Camry SE I4 new in 2013. I did my research so I knew exactly what to expect from driving dynamics to resale value. I think the car drives great for commuting to work, going shopping and long road trips to visit family. This is what 90% of driving is. I do miss the 10% of the time when a little sports car would be fun, but getting to work on time and not having any repair bills have pushed those wants into the future when I have a nice cushion of $$$ saved up for my Audi A3 or VW GTI. When I need to pass someone going slow on the highway I can use the paddle shifters to kick it down a gear to use more torque and it responds instantly, plus surprises the heck out of anyone trying to speed up to quickly not let "a Camry" in front of them while merging in traffic. Sure it rolls when cornering but it's also soft over bumps and has the most comfortable ride of any car I've owned. Not jittery at all. Audio system is great and has everything you really need in a daily driver. Highly recommended. There are other cars that are more fun to drive and your friends won't ask why you bought that car. But the way I look at it is if you don't own your own home yet, or don't have a nice savings cushion don't take the risk just yet on a high maintenance sporty or luxury car just yet. Plus since it's not a trendy car and Toyota likes to keep their sales numbers high there are always great discounts. I got my SE for about $5,000 off the sticker price in August 2013 toward the end of the year sales."

By on Thursday, January 07, 2016

Pros: "Pricepoint, quality, reliability"

Cons: "Tad loud on the highway but expected"

"This is my first Toyota and I must say that we are impressed overall. I was returning from a deployment and needed to buy a car ASAP. The 2014s were on closeout and I found a Camry SE with basically no options. It's been a great car thus far. No issues to report and it has been a solid car."

great mpg

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Cons: "needs a power outlet in back."

"The Camry SE is great on gas mileage (38-40 on trips)Good power with a 4 cyl. Will buy another one in 2015 if they will deal. Hope the new one will get even better mileage. The comfort of the seats are good. Have driven 10 hours ,without any discomfort."

love many things about this vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "love alot of things about this car"

Cons: "Hate seatbelt dinging and charge $50 to disable"

"this is the first vehicle I've owened that wasnt a pick up in almost 20 years.I am very happy with the purchase of my new Camry. I did tons of research and think this is the best car out there for your $.very resonable with many extras"

I like this car except for one issue.

By on Thursday, December 31, 2015

"I have ridden in the back seat and find it to be extremely uncomfortable. The seat has an odd angle and I feel like it leans too far back and you are unable to sit in a normal upright position."

Good value for the money

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Stable on the highway when passing the bigrigs"

Cons: "Cheep tires"

"Purchased the vehicle new (Camry SE) in January of 2013. I drive a good bit so I quickly rack up miles on a vehicle. Fuel mileage has been good. The lowest mileage that it has given was 25 mpg, this was sitting in heavy stop and go traffic. Most of the time it averages 28 to 30 mpg commuting to and from work. The only thing that I can complain about is the tires, they seem as if they are low quality (cheep) and generate some road noise. Other than that the car has been great."

One of the best car purchase I've ever made!!!!!

By on Saturday, January 23, 2016

Pros: "great gas mileage,style power,comfort,reliablility"

"This is my wife's car and I'm glad it has a proper 5 speed auto compared to my Nissan Murano's CVT transmission. I still wish the the SE model came with a 5 speed manual like the previous generation CE. The cars exhaust is pretty good for a Toyota making all the right noises but of course it's not anything super car. The Camry even with the SE trim gets outstanding gas mileage and it's one of the best on gas in it's class due to real world testing. This car is very reliable, my wife and I had never had any issues besides regular routine services at a local Toyota dealer since we bought it brand new in late October 2014. We've driven it long to Florida and South Carolina, 18, and 12 hour drives with no issues and it was very comfortable. No wonder it's America's best selling car which is both good and bad. It's good because you know something that sells well sells for a reason and it"s bad because wherever you go nationwide you will always see the same exact Camry (take that how you wish). Purchasing this car couldn't have been a better buy and my wife loves her car."

Very good value, Toyota reliability !

By on Saturday, December 12, 2015

"My only gripe is road noise and poor sound insulation"

exelent gas milage 39 mpg

By on Saturday, August 08, 2015

"Great car. Uses regular gas and get's 40 mpg on the hway. The navigation system is excellent with touch screen capability and it plays dvd's. The car is like new condition."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, August 06, 2015

Pros: "value for the money"

"This car drives like a luxury vehicle and gets excellent gas mileage. It is roomy and fun to drive."

you do not have a box for hybrid,

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

"this should give me better trade"

Awesome Vehicle

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Great price, handles well, very comfortable ride"

"The 2012 Camry is a great ride for the price. Paid about 23K after adding leather seats. Handles well and accelerates adequately when needed."

I love my new camry

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable. sharp looking car"

Cons: "the price of any cars these days is out ragous"

"I bought the 2014.5 se sport+ and it is a really sharp looking car"

Very nice car equipped w/convenience pkg.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "solid car"

Cons: "MPG is lower than expected for a 4cyl"

"4 cyl is noisey. Moderate road noise level. Steering is surprising responsive. Decent feedback Primarily used in around town driving, after 7100 miles the MPG is averaging 24.6."

Best sedan - value for money

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage, decent power, good looks"

"Bought the new 2013 camry hybrid. Good city mileage and comfort. Happy and glad that i bought this car."

Best Car you can buy!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Excellent ride. Good MPG"

"I bought the car when I retired and it has been one of my best decisions ever. Ride is very confortable. I had no repair to do. It feels powerful if I want. Most of the time I run it looking at the gauge that tells me when I am being efficient and I pace myself. I can get 40 MPG but my wife reduces my rate so we are averaging 37 MPG. Very good milage for a very confortable car. I highly recommend it."

Buy an Altima

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Styling. Entune. Satellite radio is the best."

Cons: "Steering is not great. leather package on SE :("

"After comparing the Nissan Altima and the Toyota Camry similar models and engine size. Apples to Apples. I decided to buy the 2012 Camry. After driving the car for 13 months. My wife needed a car and we bought a used 2012 Altima SR with the same mileage. The Altima is the similar model to my Camry SE. The Altima was hands down built better. Driving is night and day. It appears Toyota does not have as much control as the Altima does. I also find my Camry drifting all within the lane while driving. My Altima performs like it is on rails. I have no doubt the engine and transmission will last... but I feel Toyota and Nissan both perform well within that department."

good car for varied evetday use

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "just a very good driving handing familt type car."

Cons: "i have none"

"love the car,but I have to get a handicapped van duto medical problems I just developed,and have to carry around a scooter or power chair."

GREAT CAR

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"great CAR HAVE OWNED HONDA, INFINITI,TOYOTA THIS IS THE BEST FUEL MILEAGE IS GREAT, SMOOTH RIDE, GOOD QUALITY."

Great milage at 36 on hwy

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

"The SE rides stiff so for a softer ride take the LE"

Once you test this car, you'll love it

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Bumper to bumper a great car"

"I was looking for a new ride for almost a year. Tested many cars including Sonata, Altima, Legacy, Accord. When I tried the Camry, everything went mute... it was an authentic pleasure driving this 2012 Camry SE, I tried every trim, and I kept coming back to the SE. I choose the Black Attitude interior with a Gray Metallic exterior, such a beautiful combination. No regrets, great gas savings, great comfort, and the most important thing...I enjoy every mile going by in the car odometer. By the way I drove from Maryland to Michigan on 1 tank of fuel, and still had plenty of gas for 2 more hours of driving. This is not the hybrid model, but this 4cyl car according to the car fuel consumer tracking system, was eating 39.8 miles per gallon!!!"

The best vehicle ever

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, handling, interior room and quality"

Cons: "LE model..darker window tint.."

"Had not owned a car in quite awhile (drove crossover) and as such decided it time to get back to my specific needs. Chose the 2012 Camry LE with 2.5 (4 cyl). Only option I put on my LE was the 8 way power driver seat. Absolutely love this vehicle. Quality is superb and love the way it handles. Power in this car is plenty and acceleration is a non issue. Quality interior/exterior excellent. I have a red exterior with beige cloth interior. What sold me was the quality workmanship, handling, ride, power and interior room. Rear passenger leg and shoulder room superb. Trunk space plenty. My wife loves to drive the vehicle though her car is a Buick Enclave, which she loves. Gas mileage is as advertised. In some cases I am getting better than the advertised 35mpg highway. Standard Bluetooth with smart phone connection and Pandora connection makes it safe for hands on driving and receiving/making a phone call. Only minor issue I have with the vehicle is sometimes water will drip off the side of trunk lid into the trunk compartment when you first open the trunk if the top of the trunk lid has water/dew on it. Also, wish the LE came with alittle darker window tint. I had that professionally installed after I purchased vehicle. Everytime I drive this vehicle I smile. I forgot how fun a car can be to drive. Toyota Care unbelievable though I have never had to use it except for routine maintenance such as oil change/tire rotation etc..Never owned a Toyota product but this one will have me coming back for more.."

Very impressed

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Highway MPG 40 . quiet, comfortable, bluetooth"

Cons: "White fabric will not look good as car ages."

"I have a 2012 Camry LE with 10k miles on it. This a great car. It has an EPA rating of 35 mpg highway, but I have been getting 38-41 Mpg consistantly on long trips. The touch screen radio with blue tooth, USB and ipod jack is awesome. 10 airbags, STAR safety statem, 2 year toyota care maintenance, were all selling points for me. My only complaint so far is that the cloth interior has a white, mesh-like design in the front and back seats. This is already starting to show stains from everyday use. Bottom line: amazing highway MPG, very safe, awesome car."

drives nice but poor ergonomics & entune disaster

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Fast but efficient car"

Cons: "interior design and Entune"

"The car does drive nicely -- it has an excellent combination of power while maintaining good fuel economy. When you turn off "eco mode" it accelerates quickly. the trunk pass through is nice despite batteries being back there. However, at this level of car and this price tag I expect more than a basic experience. The ergonomics throughout are bad to terrible. The switches one would use while driving are mounted in the center where one has to take eyes off road to use. The switches not normally used such as the blind spot monitor (which works well) are next to the steering wheel. It display an eco mode indicator on the dash even though as a hybrid you bought it for fuel efficiency and usually have it in that mode. Thus, Toyota should consider eco mode the normal mode of operation and 'power' mode (not operating in eco mode) to be worthy of an indicator. Toyota has no lock on the trunk release switch so you cannot lock anything in your trunk. all you have to do is bust a window of any such vehicle and you have full access to the trunk, no tools needed. This defeats the point of secure storage in the trunk. Now we get to the real sore spot, "Entune". Mine has already required repair as the voice command crashed the whole system. radio, map, everything. Even after they "fixed" it the voice command often takes 20+ seconds to load, not counting the 2 to 5 minutes initialization time when starting the car. It cannot function @ at during calls while you are supposed to be able to tell it to send touch tones (such as automated systems that call you back and say "press 1 to continue"). It cannot understand a lot of what is clearly said. The map hard to move around and find alternate routes to traffic jams. Car navigation is nice even with smartphones because its in front of you, does not rely upon cell networks, bigger screen, etc. but this defeats most of that. It is definitely a disappointment."

Love it!

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, speed, good gas mileage, large trunk"

Cons: "None!"

"I have been a Nissan owner for about ten years I owned two Pathfinders, a Maxima, and a Murano, and none of them compare to my new Camry XLE. I was ready to get away from Nissan, and I am really glad I did. After looking at the Honda Accord and CRV, and the Chevrolet Equinox, I chose to look at a Camry, not expecting to purchase one, I was so used to SUV's, I just knew the CRV was going to be my choice. It only took sitting in the driver's seat to know that this was my new baby. I absolutely LOVE it! We took it on a road trip the day after we bought it and averaged about 38 miles to the gallon - quite a difference from the Pathfinder at 18 mpg. It is comfortable, smooth, and a joy to drive. I don't usually like to drive on our road trips, but I like the car so much I drove all the way back home. I love the fact that you just push a button to start it and that you touch the door handle to unlock the doors (as long as you have the remote). I had some trouble getting the Entune hooked up, but I think the kinks have been worked out on that. The Navigation system is not as user friendly as the Pathfinder's was, but I will eventually get used to it. The back up camera is clear. As soon as the blind spot monitoring device is available, I plan on taking the car back to the dealer to have that put in. It truly has all of the features of a luxury car, and I am so glad that I chose this over the other cars. I got many more features and accessories for the same amount of money compared to the Equinox, CRV, and Accord. Those that have written that if you drive it, you will buy it are telling the truth. I think I have become a lifetime Toyota Camry fan!"