2012 Toyota Camry

Based on 195 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Best vehicle ever!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

"One owner, non smoker, excellent condition. Will go fast!"

BEST CAMRY I HAVE EVER OWNED!

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive. Leather seats. Back-up Camera"

Cons: "none."

"This is my 6th Camry and, in my opinion, the best one yet! I think its appearance is just fine, contrary to some other reviewers, and it rides like a dream. I have the leather seats, back-up camera and some other extras and really enjoy taking the car out on the road. It hasn't disappointed me yet!! I refer to my Camry as my Lucky 13!"

Excellent reliable car

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"A very good car"

BEST CAR EVER

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"I put a lot of miles on my cars and this car is GREAT. I haven't had any problems. The drive is smooth. Everyone that ever drives in my car tells me the same thing. I am now a big fan of the Camry."

My milage often exceeds the EPA estimate

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Lots of MPG for the size"

Cons: "none, really!"

"Averaging 39.4 MPG overall for first 12,000 miles. Often gets 45-46 on trips at 55-65 MPH. Peppy up to 40 MPH with the electric motor pulling.Enough power. Great car."

It rides like an expensive Cadillac very comfortab

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pros: "great price, rides like a Caddy, good mileage"

Cons: "No rear windshield wipers"

"The best car I ever drove."

Great Deal

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Great Price"

Cons: "Fun Ride"

"Just bought the SE Model w/i the last 10 days! Overall a great deal, and a great ride. Only reason for 8/10 in the inside, was Toyota could borrow some features from the: Kia Optima-Nissan Altima-or Hyndai Sonata. Kind of plain in the cockpit, and way too much cheap plastic! With the 2k rebate, and USAA $3500 discount, $21,500 OTD could not be passed up! Holds value well, dependable, and looks great overall-especially on the outside. Averaging close to 30 in town already! All depends on how you drive, but have been told close to 40 on the road!"

needs work

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "see above"

"No up down, tilt front passenger seat--forward back only. No turn signal indicators on side mirrors. Road rumble and wind noise too high. Entune system too complex and hard to use. Cruise control on stalk, should be on steering wheel. MPG no where near advertised..aproximately 34 city and 37 freeway..careful speed limit driving. Dealership service TOP quality..ease of use and service way above average."

excellent vechile

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

"Very very nice car"

The best family car I've ever owned!!

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Powerful 3.5 liter engine!! Handles great!!"

Cons: "None that I've seen."

"The car feels great on the road. If you travel under 80mph I get 32-35 mpg with the 3.5 liter V6. The stereo sounds awesome with just enough bass to make you feel it. The car does 0-50 in 5.6 sec. Road noise is minimal. Seats feel great. We have three kids that sit in the back on long trips and have room to move. Trunk is very big and fits a weeks worth of family bags in it. Transmission shifts smooth and feels solid. Navigation works great. We went with the leather, power, heated, navigation, JBL, 3.5, SE model and have owned this car for over 2 years. Love it!!"

Great Value, Mileage and Acceleration.

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Terrific Mileage plus acceleration when needed."

Cons: "none so far"

"I bought the Camry Hybrid in Florida and drove it to New York. I gave a smooth, quiet ride and over 40 mpg on the highway . The car has great acceleration when you have to pass with 200 hp with the gas and electric motor combination of the hybrid. In town is where the mileage can go 45 and above in stop & go traffic."

Excellent driving experience.

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Power, Transmission, Firm driving, and looks."

Cons: "Dark spot night driving at times."

"I have had this vehicle 2+ years now and with the exception of the windshield having a blind spot when the light isn't just right the car drives outstanding. I am a 73 year old and get to feel 20 years old driving the Camry. The gas mileage is fantastic and have had no trouble with any of the accessories as of yet. I will definitely get another one (SE) if available in a couple more years. The 4-cylinder has ample power on both take off and driving up or down hills. The steering wheel gear changing paddles are fantastic when going up long hills by being able to hold the transmission in 4th or 5th depending on the steepness of the hill. In other words, I really enjoy this vehicle."

Excellent vehicle

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

"not pleased with small overlap crash test results!"

Loved it!

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Reason: Wanted an SUV

Pros: "Great on gas."

"Love my Camry but it floods a lot so you have to have an SUV or truck. I actually bought two but it's time to get back my SUV. Its a great car I would recommend it."

very good and good to maintain

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "very clean and good condition move very fast ..."

"i like the car it's easy comfortable to drive any were you go both road trip.."

SE is the best value in the lineup

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, handling, fuel economy."

Cons: "Really boring front grill appearance."

"The SE package was only a $500 premium over the LE, and provides a substantial upgrade. The SE has larger alloy wheels, tighter steering ratio, improved seats, slightly stiffer suspension, and paddle shift. I use the paddle shift more than I thought I would, particularly for engine braking on steep descents and decelerating. The 4-cyl model is surprisingly well balanced, which is really helpful if you live in an area with curvy roads. The SE is also a great long-distance driver because of the SE's extra seat curvature providing more contact area. Average mileage is 32-33 with a blend of city and highway. Highway-only is 35 MPG, >500 mile range per tank. City driving as low as 25 MPG. Tire selection makes a big impact, original Bridgestone Turanza offered better MPG, but lots of sidewall roll and were worn out at 54,000 miles. MPG slightly lower with the Michelin Primacys on it now, but expect longer life and getting much better handling. Both tires were the 'low rolling resistance' versions."

New Camry has design flaws especially in SE model

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "More quantity for less price but no quality"

Cons: "Design flaws (not defects), Quality, Steering"

"New redesigned Camry (current generation) has design flaws especially in SE model I own the 2012 Toyota Camry SE 4 cylinder model & I regret buying the Camry & that too SE model in specific. If one is buying Camry then suggest read my below review & especially for SE version think twice because of experience on below issues. My below issues are exactly not defects but design flaws which even NHTSA will not force Toyota to resolve. Please note that mine is single driver car & I use it smoothly & always maintain it more than what it requires. 1) SE model steering is unusually stiff & steering ratio is not correct & steering makes some gusss gusss sound... I do understand the SE is sports edition & hence steering is stiff. Firstly if you hear carefully then one can hear the mechanical gusss gusss sound on steering wheel rotation when taking off initially. This kind of gusss gusss mechanical sound is not there even in Elantra sports edition which is also sports steering. On top of it being mechanically stiff rather than motorized stiff and not smooth, it has another big problem. Usually all stiff sports tuned steering require shorter steering wheel rotation but this one is opposite. It requires more rotation unlike other sports editions like in Accord or Sonata. Just imagine what it means to driving daily? Toyota didn't design the components & steering ratio properly for SE. One will not notice this in one test drive but definitely after couple of test drives or after owning it like me. 2) SE model suspension doesn't absorb all the bumps and more over slightest of tiny pot holes are also transferred into the cabin. I understand the SE is sports tuned & slightly 15% stiffer than regular Camry but that doesn't mean it should be designed badly? Even the slightest road irregularities like very tiny pot holes, a slight 5 mm thick line on the road / even some cases road markings (white/yellow paints) are all translated into the cabin with a noise & feel as well. Is this the price you pay for $28,000 car? No way you can compare this with Sports edition of of Sonata & Accord. 3) SE model road noise is too much. I previously owned 2007 Sonata GLS & even in year 2012 its cabin & suspension sound was quite & smooth. But this 2012 Camry SE makes huge amount of Road noise & sometimes suspension sound too. I think what happened was for SE, Toyota made the suspension 15% strong & put the larger tires but failed to redesign the sound absorption/sound deadening accordingly. Other than Camry SE model this issue is not there on L, LE models. I can confirm that. 4) Ergonomics & Build Quality - Vibration issues, Windshield Glare, missing attention to details on all Camry models. I ask the readers to just do one simple test & Camry will fail instantly. Put all the Accord, Camry and Sonata in parking mode try to feel the vibrations through steering & gear knob. In Camry one can easily feel the steering wheel vibration and even the car vibrations too which new Sonata and Accord and Passat do very well. Next Camry leaves lot of dashboard glare on to the windshield especially during bright/sunlight conditions. Next let’s go to Camry instrument cluster. To save cost Toyota have provided 2 push sticks to change instrument cluster settings like display, brightness, Avg Consumption etc. But that push stick control design is so poor that it lets in the dust into the cluster directly. This in contrast to 2013 Accord/CRV they also have done the same thing but with difference that, they have insulated to make sure no dust/water goes inside the instrument cluster (dust/water proofing). There are other issues too like power windows operation/feel is not as smooth as Passat and here Passat feels like built to last. Will never buy Toyota again & if anybody finds faults/wrongs with whatever I told then let me know, I can prove that I am correct in whatever I told above. Thanks, Chetan V Shirol"

Rides good, great mileage

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"Rides good, great mileage."

New Camry has design flaws especially in SE model

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "More quantity for less price"

Cons: "Design Flaws (not defects), poor quality, Steering"

"I own the 2012 Toyota Camry SE 4 cylinder model & I regret buying the Camry & that too SE model in specific. If one is buying Camry then suggest read my below review & especially for SE version think twice because of experience on below issues. My below issues are exactly not defects but design flaws which even NHTSA will not force Toyota to resolve. So I have to live with those, no other option. I contacted Toyota for below problems & they just responded telling we have noted your issues under file number# and will make sure to fix in next iteration but no guarantees. They didn't make any effort to resolve these in my current car. The below issues are design flaws & missing attention to details read on… & please note that mine is single driver car & I use it smoothly & always maintain it more than what it requires. 1) SE model steering is unusually stiff & steering ratio is not correct & steering makes some gusss gusss sound... I do understand the SE is sports edition & hence steering is stiff but instead of designing it properly & differently for SE, Toyota just made it mechanically stiff. Firstly if you hear carefully then one can hear the mechanical gusss gusss sound on steering wheel rotation when taking off initially. This sound is the proof that they just made it mechanically stiff instead it should be motorized stiff which should vary based on the car speed. This kind of gusss gusss mechanical sound is not there even in Elantra sports edition which is also sports steering. Are you kidding me Toyota? On top of it being mechanically stiff rather than motorized stiff and not smooth, it has another big problem. Usually all stiff sports tuned steering require shorter steering wheel rotation but this one is opposite. It requires more rotation unlike other sports editions like in Accord or Sonata. So you will be presented with stiff sounding steering & top of it, it requires more turning effort when compared to other sports edition cars. Just imagine what it means to driving daily? Toyota didn't design the components & steering ratio properly for SE. One will not notice this in one test drive but definitely after couple of test drives or after owning it like me. 2) SE model suspension doesn't absorb all the bumps and more over slightest of tiny pot holes are also transferred into the cabin. I understand the SE is sports tuned & slightly 15% stiffer than regular Camry but that doesn't mean it should be designed badly? Even the slightest road irregularities like very tiny pot holes, a slight 5 mm thick line on the road / even some cases road markings (white yellow paint) are all translated into the cabin with a noise & feel as well. Is this the price you pay for $28,000 car? Sports Elantra does much better here & no way you can compare this with Sports edition of of Sonata & Accord. This is totally absent in New sports edition Accord/Sonata/Passat & which also have better handling & body roll than Camry according to experts too. Test all these for yourself and let me know if I am wrong. 3) SE model road noise is too much. I previously owned 2007 Sonata GLS & even in year 2012 its cabin & suspension sound was quite & smooth. But this 2012 Camry SE makes huge amount of Road noise & sometimes suspension sound too. I think what happened was for SE, Toyota made the suspension 15% strong & put the larger tires but failed to redesign the sound absorption/sound deadening accordingly. Other than Camry SE model this issue is not there on L, LE & XLE models. I can confirm that. 4) Ergonomics & Build Quality - Vibration issues, Windshield Glare, missing attention to details on all Camry models. I ask the readers to just do one simple test & Camry will fail instantly. Put all the Accord, Camry and Sonata in parking mode try to feel the vibrations through steering & gear knob. In Camry one can easily feel the steering wheel vibration and even the car vibrations too which new Sonata and Accord and Passat races ahead with flying colors. What happened to your vibration dampeners? Next Camry leaves lot of dashboard glare on to the windshield especially during bright/sunlight conditions, which I see Accord, Sonata do better job. Next let’s go to Camry instrument cluster. I wonder who is the engineer designed this instrument cluster? To save cost you have provided 2 push sticks to change instrument cluster settings like display, brightness, Avg Consumption etc. But that push stick control design is so poor that it lets in the dust easily because you people have holed it on to the cluster directly and that too without preventing/taking measure to make it dust/water proof. This in contrast to 2013 Accord/CRV they also have done the same thing but with difference that, they have insulated to make sure no dust/water goes inside the instrument cluster (dust/water proofing). See the difference between Honda and Toyota for yourself? This is still the case even in new Camry & one can observe it. Now my cluster has some dust inside of it, which there is no way to clean/rectify it. Kudos to Toyota design engineers. There are other issues too like power windows operation/feel is not as smooth as Passat and here Passat feels like built to last but Camry feels like built for only 3 years that’s when its warranty ends! So I have decided to sell my car just few months before the Warranty expires because I simply don't trust the build quality, missing attention to details & design flaws. Will never buy Toyota again & if anybody finds faults/wrongs with whatever I told then let me know, I can prove that I am correct in whatever I told above. Thanks, Chetan V Shirol"