2012 Toyota Camry

Based on 205 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Once you test this car, you'll love it

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Bumper to bumper a great car"

"I was looking for a new ride for almost a year. Tested many cars including Sonata, Altima, Legacy, Accord. When I tried the Camry, everything went mute... it was an authentic pleasure driving this 2012 Camry SE, I tried every trim, and I kept coming back to the SE. I choose the Black Attitude interior with a Gray Metallic exterior, such a beautiful combination. No regrets, great gas savings, great comfort, and the most important thing...I enjoy every mile going by in the car odometer. By the way I drove from Maryland to Michigan on 1 tank of fuel, and still had plenty of gas for 2 more hours of driving. This is not the hybrid model, but this 4cyl car according to the car fuel consumer tracking system, was eating 39.8 miles per gallon!!!"

The Camry is a really good car...but...

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, stereo, nav system"

Cons: "needs better brakes, and a bit more passion"

"First off, I looked at and test drove all of the cars in this class, both new and used, plus a few SUVs and luxury cars and after six months, finally bought the Camry. That was four months ago. The styling of the 2012 Camry is an improvement over previous models. The interior is nicely done. The stereo is great, and the navigation is one of the easiest I've used. The gas milage from the V6 is pretty impressive. I'm averaging 25mpg in mixed driving -- let's say I'm not shy with the accelerator... The criticisms though, are as follows. The most significant item that needs improvement is the brake system. They just have a very lazy feel to them. They are adequate at best, and will be finding an aftermarket system in due time. The transmission is good, but there is occassionally a delay in shifting, especially when decelerating -- like when exiting a freeway. Most of the time it is pretty smooth though. And there are the petty things: the floor mats need to be a lot heavier and a bit stiffer material. They tend to slide around a lot (except the driver's as it is latched down). And the thin material, I'm betting, will wear pretty quickly. The acre of gray plastic around the gear selector is a bit silly. The heater/AC knobs are cheap. And the area where the steering shaft goes through the dash could have been fitted much better. Of course there is the fact that Toyota will likely make 50 million of these as well. I prefer something a bit more unique, you know, to stand out in the crowd...oh well. I still have my weekend car. To me, there is still a lack of passion in this car. It goes down the road fine, it's safe and all, and it should prove reliable. But it's just not amazing in corners, whiplash-inducing off the line, or jaw-droppingly gorgeous. It doesn't growl under heavy acceleration and doesn't stop on a dime and leave change. Toyota calls it their 'Sport' model, after all...and I like my sports a bit more extreme. But, it's the best family sedan for the money. So I wanted German engineering, Italian passion, American spirit, and Japanese reliability and practicality -- all for under 30 Grand. The Camry has its flaws but it's the best family car in its class. I chose the Camry, and would likely do it again."

LOVE IT!!!

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "I love the whole car."

Cons: "Front bumper is a little low so watch for curbs."

"I just bought this car a week and a half ago and I LOVE it. I have only ever owned Honda Accords and I always thought that's what I would buy. After an accident in January I had a 2011 Camry for a rental car for a week and feel in love with the car. I have wanted one ever since. After months of thinking about it I finally decided to go drive a new one. If you drive one I promise you will love it too. Because its heavier and a little bigger then the Accord I feel much safer in it. When driving my Accord I felt like I was driving around sitting on the ground and it was a lighter car so it just didn't feel as safe. I certainly don't regret my decision and I hope to get many years out of my new car. I decided if I was going to buy a new car and be stuck in a payment for years then I was going to get exactly what I wanted. I got all the options, leather, convenience package, etc and I love all of the features. I am so glad I paid the extra and got them. Drive one. You'll buy it."

You Wont be Disappointed

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, excellent gas mileage, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Navigation / Entune needs improvement"

"Bought a 2012, 4cyl. Smooth ride, I test drove a comparable Honda Accord and simply there is no comparison. Comfortable seating, great gas mileage and sporty. I purchased with a navigation and I enjoy the voice commands."

Camry Hybrid... Drive it = Buy it

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "Ride like a Lexus with amazing mileage..."

Cons: "Dealer negotiations, pricey options"

"Camry? Oh yeah - drive it and you'll buy it... Have the hybrid model and even in 100 degree heat, we get 37mpg... Amazing... Thought I would miss My Mazdaspeed-3 - I adored that car... But at 3 years it started having weird problems (not for review here, so see Mazda3 info)... DON'T DRIVE the Camry Hybrid if you don't want to buy it... Drive it and you're hooked."