2011 Toyota Camry

Based on 1634 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

I LOVE my camry

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, has kept it's value, minimal repairs."

"I bought my car in Fall of 2006, it's a 2007 Camry. I have enjoyed this car very much. I have only had minimal issues: some routine brake wear and have had to replace the tires twice, which I think is a lot for only 65,000 miles. It has a smooth ride, is very comfortable, I love the sun roof and stereo. The only issues that it has had is a small hiss from one of the windows which sounds like it is not closed tightly, and a mildew odor when I first start the air conditioner after the winter (I replace the filter for this). Everything else is great; it starts right up on very cold mornings, has been very reliable, it heats up and cools down very quickly, it has kept it's value, has nice pickup on the highway. I have put minimal money into it for maintenance and repairs. I can't think of anything bad about it. I will very likely be buying another in the Fall"

So far the best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pros: "All around great car."

Cons: "Non so far."

"I've owned 2 previous Fords and 1 Dodge in my time. And I bought them to buy American because I'm American. In my experience the problem with buying American vehicles is that there are always flaws. It seems there is no pride or craftsmanship when building the vehicles at the factory. With Ford it was the electronics, Dodge......bad transmission, I can't say much about Chevy accept they were going through possible bankruptcy in '08 and I didn't know what would happen if I bought a GM product. So I went with Toyota and bought a Camry. Best decision I've ever made, in reference to automobiles. I bought it brand new and I have over 80k miles on it. I bought the extended warranty.....it was a waste of money....I never had to use it. With the Ford and Dodge I used the extended warranties @approx 65k miles and I was still needing the warranties after they expired. I have not had one single problem with my Camry. Just routine maintenance; oil changes, air filters, tires, etc. I was looking to find quality and I found it in Toyota. Toyota vehicles might cost a couple thousand extra, but it's worth it."

A real surprise

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

"I bought my 2007 over a year ago. The owners before me took it too the dealer for all work which ended up being just oil changes. What I like - This car is so roomy! Plus it actually has a surprisingly good acceleration rate for a 4 cylinder due to the 16 valve system. It's also typical of Toyota with a sensible layout without a whole bunch of unneeded jazz. What I dislike - Also being typical Toyota, the interior is cheap plastic. I don't honestly mind it too much but coming from a Volvo it's sometimes hard to remember to be gentle. This is the perfect family car in my opinion. Roomy and simple, plus it's built like a tank. Also, being Toyota, you won't be left of the side of the highway hundreds of miles from home."

Great V6. 28.5/gal+ Dash rattled!!

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "V6 power. comfortable, minimal service"

Cons: "Rattles from Dash is huge annoyance."

"Great ride and power. Dash rattled, was fixed with kit, but rattles returned after warranty. Very annoying. A few recalls were no biggie. flooded interior floor when chassis plugs fell out and I dried it out 3 times! A mystery I had to solve with just an .89 cent chassis rubber plug part.Not good.Overall- disappointing forToyota. Will compare Honda and Ford soon."

Hasn't missed a beat

By on Monday, October 26, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, awesome JBL audio on Hybrid, sensible."

Cons: "Anonymous looks, strange brakes, sensible."

"Our 2007 Camry Hybrid has done everything you would expect of a Camry - transported us around with no drama or a single mechanical fault. I've been constantly (and pleasantly) surprised by its performance over the years. Maybe because it's a "boring old Camry" (and a Hybrid) my expectations were low in that regard, but it's actually very quick. The Hybrid engine and CVT give it great acceleration from a standing start, and I've surprised many a vehicle who's driver saw the Hybrid badge and thought they could blow me off the road. No, it's not sports car exciting of course, but it's also not completely devoid of performance when needed. The interior is largely generic and plastic, but everything is laid out well. The Hybrid does come with the JBL 5-disc sound system, which is extremely good - possibly the best in-car audio I've heard. As for the Hybrid fuel economy, well it makes a difference obviously. However it's not a night and day difference, and it can also be a little random at times; I've driven hard and been rewarded with an "excellent" rating when I arrived, and driven like every drop of fuel counts and somehow got poor mileage. A lot of things can effect the MPG rating, so don't expect miracles. Downsides? The brakes (regenerative) can feel a little weird at times, occasionally needing a more forceful press than you're expecting. It's not much fun in the back if you're very tell as the front seats have a hard plastic covering on the back, which is painful if your knees are touching. You also lose some trunk space in the Hybrid due to the battery. Bottom line; for getting from A to B with no issues whatsoever, you can't go wrong with a Camry. It's also not quite as dull getting there as you expected either."