2009 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

2007 Camry XLE? Lexus XLE!

By on Tuesday, September 01, 2009

"I was looking for a newer car. From Caddy's to Impala SS. So naturaly Lexus and Avalon were among them. The Camry is a good looking car, but it wasn't until I found out it was motor trends car of the year for 07. Why? Well I've been in all the cars in it price range, and none gave you more for your money. This is a lexus without the "L". The XLE and SE are the top models. I liked the SE but I have a camaro, conv mustang, and a Vette. I did need another stiff ride and the fact you can't fold down the rear seat it lost points. The XLE though has wood grain that I wasn't sold on. Until I was in the car. The rear seats not only fold down, they recline. 6 indash CD, highend speakers, keyless ignition, and a load of other features made me perfer this to the SE V6. The ride of the XLE is closer to the Caddys, but the handling isn't that bad that I missed the SE. The SE is looks, and I like them but the confort out ranked it. And the SE dosn't handle up to what I would say would be good. I mean all my performance cars are really worked. But the acceleration did blow me away. 30+mpg on the highway, with 268hp? Yeah, that makes it launch to 60 in 6sec, and sub 6s on performance tires. This is a Camry that can hit 150mph! Unlike anything but the Accord the rest in its performance takes 93 gas. So I was sold! The interior is very roomy, and the exterior is charming. This car is really a cut above. I work on cars as a hobby and this car shook me, that they make something so practical, so fast, and comfortable. Only the SS Impala was faster, and it just couldn't match the resale value, gas milage, and luxery. My mechanic was amazed with the car. I had a Accord before this, and the Accord was just a car. This is something I will keep and love. I've driven Ferraris to high end BMWs and a ton more fast/high end cars. This is the best all around car I have ever driven. If you are interested in one. Drive one! You will want it. I paid 18000 for mine with 35k on it. This is the best used car for under $20,000. Period!!!"

Overall favorite car of all time

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, value for money."

Cons: "AT bucks, inconsistant gas milage."

Mine's the one in the foreground.

"Transmission bucks at times(2011). 2010, also. Solved on 2012. 2010 was when they went from 2.4 l 4 to 2.5 l, and five-speed at to six. Took three years to debug. Also, mpg inconsistent: 23-32 mpg, same driving conditions, same driver, and I'm generally above stated mpg on all my cars. That being said, I like Toyota, and I like my Camry. Try, and take it away from me! Very reliable. Comfortable, smooth, easy to live with, invisible. I just drive it, and don't even remember what make, or model I'm driving. The relaxed fit jeans of cars. Commuting, or around town, easy. Feels like it'll go at least 200,000 miles with no problems. Feel very confident commuting with this car."

Mine's the one in the foreground.

Very reliable. Oil changes

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, quality, styling"

Cons: "Rides like a luxury-i prefer sportier feel."

"I've had the car for almost 4 years and never done anything but kept the oil changed regularly and put a new set of tires on it. I have the 4 cylinder SE model and couldn't be happier with the reliability. It rides like a luxury car. I like a sportier feel in the handling/steering, but the soft feel is nice on bumpier roads. Very roomy, nice dash and controls, great stereo (has the Premium JBL multi disc)system, and the 4 cylinder has plenty of power for me. Unless hauling 4-5 people consistently I would not get the 6 cylinder as I feel the 4 has plenty of power."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted

See if you qualify for