2008 Toyota Camry

Based on 1586 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

WOW! I LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"I bought a 2009 Camry Hybrid. I just want to drive, and drive and drive. It's loaded with everything! The leather seats are comfortable. I'm 6'-1" and I feel like the seats were custom made for just for me. My wife loves the seats too! We took it on a 680 mile trip. We averaged 42.5 mpg at 70 mph. I can get over 40 MPG around town if I really watch my speed. I have had to learn to drive slower, and you know what, that's not so bad. This car is really quiet. My wife is a quiet person and I can hear every word she says. The blue tooth is great. I can hear everthing said on it and people can hear me just fine. The heated seats work fast. I love it on cold mornings. The 4 disc sound system is great. My 92 year old aunt was able to get in and out of this car very easily. The fold down rear seats give extra room for more space in the trunk. It does have a smaller trunk but for me that is not a problem. The electric moon roof works great. I'm surprised how quiet it is inside this car when the moon roof is open. My wife and I like the dual heat and cool control system. It looks good and I get a lot of great comments about it. I have absolutely no complaints about it. If you want a mid size car that looks great, gets 40 + MPG and is comfortable, then buy this car."

09 CAMRY HYBRID

By on Friday, October 10, 2008

"Rides and handles llike a Japanese car. I'm partial to German cars (retired an 01 BMW M5); but definately is OK! Knock down 40 MPG diriving fwys (better here) and surface streets (generally less MPG). Don't get moon roof. So noisy on fwy can't hear radio or passengers (sometimes a plus). GPS is counter intuitive. Voice doesn't work. Bluetooth is fabulous. Trunck is miniscule. Like the pass thru and the fold down back seats."

Extremely Impressed

By on Monday, May 12, 2008

"I have a 2007 Camry Hybrid which I purchased in 2006. I have 57000 miles on it and it still rides like a new vehicle. I average between 35.7 and 41 miles per gallon in mixed driving."

Outstanding!

By on Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Great car! Traded an Avalon for the Camry Hybrid and noticed very little difference in comfort. In 3 weeks of mixed highway and city driving, I am averaging just over 37 mpg, and on a long highway stretch after refilling the tank, I was able to get 39.7 mpg! I'm told the best mileage comes after 3k miles, so if it gets even better, I'll be really happy. It's also fun to "learn" to drive smarter and enhance the already great gas mileage. Overall, a very safe, smooth, quiet (luxury car ride) and economical car that I'd recommend to everyone."

Milage May Vary, Great Upside Potential!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2008

"We purchased an '08 Camry Hybrid over a year ago and couldn't be happier. The primary driver is a very "spirited" one whose previous vehicles were sports cars. Despite their aggressive driving, they've averaged 36 MPG over 22,000 miles. Driving the same routes but far more gently, I usually achieve 43 MPG in all but the coldest winter months."

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"i Constantly get compliments on my car. i have had it since August, 2006 and i still get compliments at the gas station or wherever. i have the 4cyl. SE model in black. a lot of people still mistake my car for a lexus. it has limo tint and 20inch rims and it looks remarkable. the black leather seats are fabulous and VER COMFORTABLE. i had a chevy malibu prior to this car. it was hard for me to find an affordable car as comfy as my malibu. my camry is pretty darn close! this car is very reasonably priced. i got mine for just over 23K. it is comfortable and the quality is amazing. i am impressed because so many new cars today are just poorly made. i love my toyota! i would probably reccommend getting the 6cyl. my car is sluggish and too heavy for the small engine. the gas mileage is not what i expected (they told me i'd get 35mpg highway) but it is still decent. overall, i am very happy with my car. i see some people have had broblems, but i have not. i guess i am one of the lucky ones so far!"

Typical Toyota

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"In a nutshell, whatever you read in the car magazines and Consumer Reports is true. It's very reliable, sluggish at times (4-cyl), seats are uncomfortable especially over long trips (4000miles /month). Quality is cheap. HOWEVER, EVERYTHING WORKS WELL AND IS DURABLE."

Take the bad with the good

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"I've had the '07 4 cylinder automatic LE for 10 months. The positives: great gas mileage (31 mpg city, 36 mpg hwy); comfortable seats (nice road trips); attractive body lines, spacious rear seat and trunk; easy to see and use console and plenty of cubbies; great handling, even on snowy, slushy roads. The negatives: constant transmission shifts (especially at certain speeds) and some hesitation on initial acceleration; squeaky dash (especially when cold); a little difficult to reverse because it's hard to see over the box shaped trunk. Also, I'm concerned about the longevity of the fabric seats - they don't seem that durable."

sluggish performance

By on Saturday, May 26, 2007

"I recently purchased the 4 cyl Camry and performance on my vehicle is satisfactory. However, the vehicle I first test drove was noticably sluggish and seem to wander through gears (auto trans) during moderate acceleration. Toyota has a quality control issue to work out on this power train."

Perfect car - style, ride, smartwise.

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pros: "comfort, ride, gas/mile"

"Need the proper tires on this vehicle even though front-wheel drive. I grew up on a high hill, getting up with my SE Camry in the winter months of New England, still proved a 6 out 10 for confidence in making it up. Otherwise, I LOVE my Camry! She's been good to me for 108K!"