2008 Toyota Camry

Based on 1600 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Overall favorite car of all time

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, value for money."

Cons: "AT bucks, inconsistant gas milage."

Mine's the one in the foreground.

"Transmission bucks at times(2011). 2010, also. Solved on 2012. 2010 was when they went from 2.4 l 4 to 2.5 l, and five-speed at to six. Took three years to debug. Also, mpg inconsistent: 23-32 mpg, same driving conditions, same driver, and I'm generally above stated mpg on all my cars. That being said, I like Toyota, and I like my Camry. Try, and take it away from me! Very reliable. Comfortable, smooth, easy to live with, invisible. I just drive it, and don't even remember what make, or model I'm driving. The relaxed fit jeans of cars. Commuting, or around town, easy. Feels like it'll go at least 200,000 miles with no problems. Feel very confident commuting with this car."

Mine's the one in the foreground.

Very reliable. Oil changes

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, quality, styling"

Cons: "Rides like a luxury-i prefer sportier feel."

"I've had the car for almost 4 years and never done anything but kept the oil changed regularly and put a new set of tires on it. I have the 4 cylinder SE model and couldn't be happier with the reliability. It rides like a luxury car. I like a sportier feel in the handling/steering, but the soft feel is nice on bumpier roads. Very roomy, nice dash and controls, great stereo (has the Premium JBL multi disc)system, and the 4 cylinder has plenty of power for me. Unless hauling 4-5 people consistently I would not get the 6 cylinder as I feel the 4 has plenty of power."

I LOVE my camry

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, has kept it's value, minimal repairs."

"I bought my car in Fall of 2006, it's a 2007 Camry. I have enjoyed this car very much. I have only had minimal issues: some routine brake wear and have had to replace the tires twice, which I think is a lot for only 65,000 miles. It has a smooth ride, is very comfortable, I love the sun roof and stereo. The only issues that it has had is a small hiss from one of the windows which sounds like it is not closed tightly, and a mildew odor when I first start the air conditioner after the winter (I replace the filter for this). Everything else is great; it starts right up on very cold mornings, has been very reliable, it heats up and cools down very quickly, it has kept it's value, has nice pickup on the highway. I have put minimal money into it for maintenance and repairs. I can't think of anything bad about it. I will very likely be buying another in the Fall"

10+ Best Car I have ever owned...

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable;nice looking;drives great;low insuranc"

Cons: "0"

"I have to say that everything about this car has been such a pleasurable experience, from the way it drives, reliability, the looks,the feel and the low insurance rates I get for having a 4 door sedan. I absolutely do not have 1 single complaint. I have a fully loaded XLE Camry 2011, Gunsmoke Gray with gray leather interior, heated seats, sunroof actually it has everything but navigation and I am not sorry that I did not get it. What I can't understand is why everybody wouldn't want this car!!"

I am getting another one when it hits 300K

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "awsome power and gas milage."

Cons: "none, really"

"I wish american auto makers could build cars like these.the only money i put into this car besides a leaking steering rack for $650.00 is regular wear items. tires , brakes, oil changes. the only thing broken is the arm rest lid buton thats it. car is unbelievable. 240000K (two hundred and forty thousand) and does not burn or leak any oils"

So far the best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Pros: "All around great car."

Cons: "Non so far."

"I've owned 2 previous Fords and 1 Dodge in my time. And I bought them to buy American because I'm American. In my experience the problem with buying American vehicles is that there are always flaws. It seems there is no pride or craftsmanship when building the vehicles at the factory. With Ford it was the electronics, Dodge......bad transmission, I can't say much about Chevy accept they were going through possible bankruptcy in '08 and I didn't know what would happen if I bought a GM product. So I went with Toyota and bought a Camry. Best decision I've ever made, in reference to automobiles. I bought it brand new and I have over 80k miles on it. I bought the extended warranty.....it was a waste of money....I never had to use it. With the Ford and Dodge I used the extended warranties @approx 65k miles and I was still needing the warranties after they expired. I have not had one single problem with my Camry. Just routine maintenance; oil changes, air filters, tires, etc. I was looking to find quality and I found it in Toyota. Toyota vehicles might cost a couple thousand extra, but it's worth it."

2009 Camry LE

By on Thursday, August 07, 2008

"I just bought this car a month ago, and have been driving it around while neglecting my Infiniti FX35 SUV for some time. All those negative comments about Camry does not seem to happen on the one I bought. It is a very good car with improved handling and features. I do agree with the cheap interior plastics ( PP material seems to have less gloss level added ) They'd better be UV resistance material added. Air filter seems good, but the air conditioner does not seem to be that convincing. Of all the cars I owned, ..Honda Civic, BMW325, BMwX3, Toyota Corolla, Honda Accord, InfinitiFS35, to the latest Camry, This camry is right behind BMW series. If you want excellent performance and handling, go for BMW. If you want all comfort and bells and whistles without paying too much...go for Infiniti. If you need good gas mileage and reliable car with moderate performance, Camry is the one."

I love this car! I have had two accidents .

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "yes nice to drive"

"I would buy this car again. It has blind side detector which is life saver. I have got over 40 MPG, but one must drive correctly with the correct conditions, Tail wind helps."

Troublefree

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

"I have had my Camry hybrid since 2007. I bought it brand new and haven't a single problem with it. It is very very quiet inside the car. I would buy one again. I get about 37 miles per gallon on average."

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "Great sedate sedan"

Cons: "No bluetooth connectivity"

"I have driven 110k miles with no major issues. The only major part replaced on my car was the water pump. The car is quite reliable and I am consistently getting a mileage of 25mpg in city and 31mpg on high way."