2006 Toyota Camry

Based on 1227 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

A solid reliable car

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Not very classy or sporty, a plain car"

"My wife has driven her camry with basic maintenance for ten years and 207000 miles virtually trouble free. This is an extremely reliable car. It is roomy with a very large trunk and so great for families."

My all time favorite car ever! New battery, tires.

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Great quiet smooth drive"

"Leaving on mission in September and hate to give it up. Quite new battery, brakes and tires. I hope I can find a car that I will like as well when we get back. It has not given us any problem. It is safe and great in the snow. I have had the oil changed regularly. It is an XLE. When I was shopping for tires one of the salesmen commented about what a great car the XLE's are. I just met a man who commented that his XLE was his all time favorite car. I had them put the little cuts in the tires for added traction, which helped last winter. It has less than 108,000 miles. It has the wood grain plastic on the dashboard. It has a roomy trunk. It gets 32-33 miles per gallon on the road. The front has paint chips from hitting bugs other than a couple of minor paint chips the paint is in good condition. There is a little dullness on the plastic on the headlights, but still gives plenty of light. I love this car."

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Dependability, Comfortable and Safe"

Cons: "Have No Cons with this Car"

"Car is Dependable and the Best I have ever owned. I will certainly Buy another Toyota Camry when I decide to buy a New one.."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Super Reliable, good gas mileage, steady handling"

Cons: "poorly designed center console"

"Nothing sexy about this car, just a flat out good automobile. Absolutely problem free for 10 years and 150,000 miles with just routine maintenance (3,000 mile oil changes, periodic refreshes of other fluids / filters, tires when worn). 80,000 miles on factory brakes, more than 40,000 on replacements. No front end or drive train issues at all. No body or finish issues at all. Only replacements to date are master brake cylinder and alternator (both at about 100,000 miles)."

Reliable, reasonably priced, great value!

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "reliable, sturdy, spacious compartment & trunk"

Cons: "Wipers scrape against window/noisy"

"Between my husband and me, this is the 4th Camry we've owned. Without question, it has proven to be very reliable and very easy to obtain service anywhere, at reasonable cost. We are planning to purchase another one next month, and possibly two (since we both need new cars at this time)."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable well made vehicle of best value"

Cons: "Conservative looking; could be more sporty looking"

"By far this is the most reliable car I have ever owned. At well over 225K this car is still running strong. Starts every time, engine is still smooth and seems to have at least another 150K miles of life left in it. Have been faithful with oil changes and use full synthetic as often as possible but definitely not less than quality synthetic blends. No major repairs needed except for the replacement of the BCM at about 212K (8 years after purchase...not bad at all). Still looks good inside and out."

Best Car I have owned

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, holds its value"

Cons: "Pwr outlets only work with key on."

"I have worked on and owned many cars throughout my life. I recently "retired" and started working on cars again to stay busy and I noticed that the Toyotas were coming to me mostly for preventive maintenance and only for worn out parts with lots of miles. So, I purchased my first "foreign" car ever a little over a year ago. For 15 months now the only thing I have had to do this car is change oil and I changed transmission fluid recently. I do not have to add fluids at all..... 90K miles and no leaks at all... couldn't say the same for other cars I have owned. It drives and rides really nice for the price.... all controls at finger tips.... cruise, radio, etc. I don't let many people drive my car but two people that did actually went out and bought a Camry for themselves afterwards. Find one that has been taken care of and continue to take care of it and it will last you a lifetime. I have personally worked on Toyotas that are approaching 300,000 miles and still run great. I have the 4cylinder and it is quite peppy on throttle response with decent mileage."

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pros: "Reliable Car"

Cons: "Speaker Cover rot inback"

"This has been a great car. The only problems I have had were a catalytic convertor burn out that was covered by warranty, and the speaker covers in the back rotted in the sun. Minor issues. Comfortabe, reliable care"

Comfortable, reliable, sturdy and easy on gas.

By on Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Pros: "Dependable, durable and good on gas."

Cons: "Car difficult to handle on poorly graded roads."

"Needed a car when returning from an overseas assignment and the Camry seat slid back far enough to easily accommodate my broken leg. The steering wheel adjusted for me sitting back and when the cast was off, the seat and steering wheel were both very easy to adjust to a good fit. The car has been very reliable, maintained oil changes and suggested maintenance and never broke down. Car handles well during extreme weather conditions. I would keep the car but my kid sister needs a car and can not afford a dependable vehicle. I want her to feel like she is doing me a favor taking a 10 year old car off my hands, she has no idea how good this car has been to me and difficult to let go of. I am looking to purchase a new Camry."

Single handled Owners

By on Sunday, July 05, 2015

Pros: "Great Value price"

"Car is well maintained & less used , only used for commuting to Office within 5 miles last 3 years & before that was used by old parents ( very less used). All 4 tires are replaced 1 year ago & complete maintenance done . Speaker covers are replaced with new ."

This car drives like a dream for its age.

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pros: "Great price. A gem of a car."

Cons: "Everything inside and out intact and working well."

"I love this car and would keep it for ever. I am moving far away and taking my other newer car as I will not need two cars. It is a unique car in that has everything except a built in GPS and Blue Tooth capabilities. However it has something few cars come with these days, a tape deck ! It has six speakers and a 6 CD player with very easy operation. Rides ever so smoothly, brakes well and power steering and brakes function like new. Lovely car with hardly any scratches."

My Love For My Car Is Unreal

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

Pros: "great mpg, fun to drive, reliable"

"I love love love my Camry! I would have no problem driving it anywhere in the US. It's close to hitting the 200k mark, but you certainly would not be able to tell. It gets great gas mileage for a 2002, but it has plenty of pep to get up and go. I never get below 30 MPG. The JBL premium sound system is AWESOME! I cannot believe it came from the factory like that. Overall, this is the BEST car I have ever owned in my life, and I don't ever plan on getting rid of it. It's just an awesome car."

best car ever

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

"i'm 82 years old and have owned a lot of cars.this is the most reliable car i have ever owned. replaced serpentine belt and tires. flushed transmission and replaced sparkplugs. thats all the parts that i have ever replaced. can't say that for all the fords , chevrolets ,dodges and plymouths that i've owned. i do mostly road mileage , and am sure that and regular oil changes have helped a lot."

over 200k and still runs without any problem

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Im amazed with the reliability of this car. Never thought i would be able to drive any car more than 200k and not have a problem with it. except normal small repairs, nothing major has happened to the car."

I love this car

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, gas efficient, plenty of power"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"I bought this car because I needed something reliable and the Camry has been that! I have had not problems with this car. Starts first time, everytime. It's stylish enough that my 25yr old daughter has it at least half of the time that I've had it. I feel comfortable when she is driving the Camry, because I know she driving a good, reliable car."

Great reliable car

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"I have had my Camry for about one year now and have enjoyed it a great deal. I had a Grand Cherokee prior and began having a few problems with it and was starting a new job that would require a great deal of driving, so I decided to get something newer. I have never owned a Toyota, but based on word of mouth, and now my personal experience, I was missing out. I have out a little over 25,000 miles on my Camry and have had no problems. The ride is great. Gas mileage is really good (25-26 mix of city and highway, about 30 only highway), especially compared to my Grand Cherokee. The one thing I was concerned with was driver space because I am 6'3", but that is adequate even over long distances. I am very satisfied with my Camry and will purchase from Toyota again for sure."

Exceeded all expectations!

By on Thursday, October 01, 2015

"Bought this car used in 2007 for $10K w/70,000 mi. It gets routine oil changes and tires rotated, w/a tune-up every spring. The clutch was replaced in 2011 at 110,000 mi. and new exhaust pipe at 120K mi. Last year it got brakes--ALL NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR. I MORE than got my money out of this car and it still drives and handles like a muscle car. I love that the back seats fold down for cargo and it's great in bad weather. The 5-speed is virtually indestructible. My family teases me about not having a fob to lock/unlock it remotely and asks when I'm going to get a new car. I LOVE my Camry and can't justify trading it in! I plan to get another 100K mi out of it!"

One of the greatest cars I ever owned I

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "not as fun to drive as my old Carola was, but I st"

Cons: "Seats not as comfortable"

"Was not sure I would like it, because I thought it was maybe too big. But I have not had any trouble to speak of. I almost hate to get rid of it."

Great Car- Great Value!

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "easy handling even in snow, good gas mileage"

Cons: "did not come with factory auto lock for doors"

"I bought this car when it was two years old and had approximately 30k miles on it. This is my go everywhere car! I drive it all over town and don't hesitate to throw a suitcase in the trunk and head out for a long road trip. I have done all the typical maintenance work required; oil changes, tires, brakes, wiper blades, battery and serpentine belt changed. Other than that the only mechanical work done was replace the starter and re-charge the a/c. I fully expect this car to run another 100k or more miles! It was a great value."

One good little car

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"I bough this car used in 2002 with 27,000 miles on it and now have almost 170,000 on the odometer. This car has given me very little problems. Only had to replace the radiator, coolant reservoir, starter, shocks and throttle body (not the cars fault some one cut one of the wires on it). All of these problems occurred after 160,000 miles, and I would by this car all over again if I could."

best car ever

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"I this car is paying me dividend. this is the longest I every own a car 13 yrs. an still Goinging. all the parts match on this car I put new brake pads& Rowlers at 113456"

Great Car!

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Great on gas, Very reliable, Lasts forever!"

Cons: "the seats arent very confortable"

"The only thing my cars needed is tires, battery, oil change (all basic care), and I got it back when it was a year old with about 20,000 miles!"

The most reliable car I ever had! The best car for

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

"I bought this car brand new and have the maintenance done regularly. Now I have almost 200,000 miles and never had any problem. Very reliable and cost effective for the value."

Great vehicle!! I still love it!

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliability - almost 240,000 mi. & no work done"

"Only owner and have maintained it with genuine Toyota parts. Has always run great, quiet. Interior is above most if not all others in price range - the looks and quality of interior puts even new models to shame. Trunk is huge! Great leg room. With the number of miles, I'm looking for a replacement - but don't like many vehicles as much. I think I may have to go to a Luxury vehicle just to get as nice a vehicle....."

Best auto I have ever owned, and I have had 8

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "This auto will drive for many years at low cost."

"This auto is the best auto I have ever owned or driven. It is fun and relaxing to drive, it gives good mileage in the city and the hi-way. It is quiet, smooth, good acceleration. Has good traction, balance of tires with no wear on the corners. This auto has been the most reliable and trouble free auto I have ever owned. The rear defroster work great in the winter. The paint outside is like new because the auto has been garaged, the inside is also very clean and does not show wear and tear,"