2006 Toyota Camry

Based on 1203 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Best, safest, most comfortable sedan ever!

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, looks (sporty sedan), low insurance,"

Cons: "I love it too much."

"I have owned several cars in my lifetime; owning a dealership. This Camry is by far the best out of all of them. Sure I drive my corvette when I want to show off but when it comes to fuel economy and comfort my 2003 Camry goes all the way. I have the XLE (best package) and have never had to repair a thing on the car! I keep the fuilds fresh and I am pushing 300,000miles!!!! I would normaly push this onto the lot but I am so happy with how well this car has treated me it has become part of my family. I enjoy the other years Camry has (past 02) but like I said this car has been great to me and my family. If you are looking to buy, this car (if you can find it!) is a safe bet indeed."

A solid reliable car

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Not very classy or sporty, a plain car"

"My wife has driven her camry with basic maintenance for ten years and 207000 miles virtually trouble free. This is an extremely reliable car. It is roomy with a very large trunk and so great for families."

NOT MUCH MONEY, BUT OH HONEY....

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Solid, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Styling isn't cutting edge by today's standard."

"OK, it's a 2002. OK, it's not a Lexus. And yep, she's got over 200,000 miles. But she rides good. She's very reliable. Everything functions properly. Air's cold, all power works, seems like fine condition. I admit aspiring to owning a new Lexus IS 350. In the meantime, this is the poor man's next best bet. A relatively heavy, somewhat luxurious version of the legendary Camry, 15 in. wheels, wood trim and leather interior--actual cash value less than $4,000. But rides like a million $. I've driven this car over 200,000 myself and she's been as reliable as a Swiss-made clock. My guess is that if you went to purchase a 2014 Camry XLE, you'd spend as much as you would on an entry level Lexus (Is 250). But for an older car, if you can stand a comfortable ride without the latest styles, this is a great old car. And it won't break you up on repairs. My recommendation below is based on my 2002 model; I can't make promises on the 2013-14 models, since I obviously don't own one."

highly recommended

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE, safe, ample space"

Cons: "motor seat broke, replace lights more than others."

"I love my car! I put at least 100 miles each week and do the oil maintenance on time. i love it so much I bought a 2002 camry for my younger sister (only because i couldn't find an 03). I bought it used in 05 and it has NEVER let me down (just normal wear and tear)."

Reliable and Stylish

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, paint, pickup, speakers"

Cons: "Uncomfortable front seats, shaky at highway speeds"

"This is a great reliable and good looking car. The paint has not started to rust until 3 months ago, and it has been on the beach since 2003, when the car was bought. I have had no mechanical issues at all with the car, except for one original O2 sensor going out. The car has great pickup for a base model that weighs 38000 lbs, and it still gets great gas mileage (21-28) after almost 10 years with all original engine parts. The seats are comfortable for city driving, but get uncomfortable after 2+ hours of driving. The car starts to shake slightly when you get over 90 mph. This is a great first car!"