2004 Toyota Camry

Based on 1113 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Needed some work, but it's solid

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "It's a solid, comfortable vehicle"

Cons: "Doesn't fly."

"I bought a used XLE V6 model, fully loaded. Huge, ridiculous mileage as it was a taxi. The motor holds it's fluids, doesn't burn oil and the transmission shifts smoothly. I needed to replace two front wheel bearings and the timing belt will need to be replaced. I paid $600 for the car, so the cost to get the car up to daily driver condition is minimal. The heated leather power seats, auto A/C, 6 disc changer, power windows and sunroof all work well. It was a good purchase and the cylinder compression is still good even after 250,000 miles. Solid car!"

Reliable, easily maintainable

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

"I bought (pre-owned) this car in 2008 and have owned it for 6 years now and have never had any issues on the road with it. It is very easy and affordable to maintain and runs much quiet and smooth than some of the newer makes and models of other cars. Cons: Interior controls (cabin) are a bit dated for 2014 though it is one of the few models which comes with both CD player and a cassette player. Will recommend a camry to anyone who is in the market to buy a new car."

2005 V6 SE Review

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

"Going on 10 years old now. My 2005 V6 SE has had two recalls. The electronic transmission has been jerky/hesitant/jumpy since day one. Toyota has no fix. I received a small check from Toyota as a settlement from a class-action law suit. I drive very conservatively, but have never gotten better than 15 MPG in the city. Wish I had bought the 4 cyl engine. My next Toyota will be a Prius. On a positive note, the build quality/cabin integrity has been very good. Never a squeak or a rattle. Unlike today's Camrys, my '05 feels heavy and solid. But gas mileage is terrible."

Over 200K miles and still going strong!

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"I love this car! Will be sad to give it up if it ever dies--not looking like it will anytime soon."

Die hard Toyota Fan

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Really like EVERYTHING about this car"

Cons: "Absolutly Nothing"

"I have been driving Toyotas for decades now. When It comes time to buy another car it's nearly always a Toyota. I have been driving this car for 7 years with no, not any problems at all. I love the very large trunk space. Skis, wheelchair, even furniture has been transported in the trunk. I really like the layout of the cabin, I am a radioactive driver, the radio is placed just right. The ride is so comfortable it feels like you are floating. The backseat is roomy for long trips. So now it's time to get another car because my commute to work will be longer I am looking at the Toyota Prius. But I am having a difficult time thinking about selling this car. It only has 155,000 miles. Maybe I can part with it maybe not time will tell."

See if you qualify for