2004 Toyota Camry

Based on 1208 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

NOT MUCH MONEY, BUT OH HONEY....

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Solid, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Styling isn't cutting edge by today's standard."

"OK, it's a 2002. OK, it's not a Lexus. And yep, she's got over 200,000 miles. But she rides good. She's very reliable. Everything functions properly. Air's cold, all power works, seems like fine condition. I admit aspiring to owning a new Lexus IS 350. In the meantime, this is the poor man's next best bet. A relatively heavy, somewhat luxurious version of the legendary Camry, 15 in. wheels, wood trim and leather interior--actual cash value less than $4,000. But rides like a million $. I've driven this car over 200,000 myself and she's been as reliable as a Swiss-made clock. My guess is that if you went to purchase a 2014 Camry XLE, you'd spend as much as you would on an entry level Lexus (Is 250). But for an older car, if you can stand a comfortable ride without the latest styles, this is a great old car. And it won't break you up on repairs. My recommendation below is based on my 2002 model; I can't make promises on the 2013-14 models, since I obviously don't own one."

A solid reliable car

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Not very classy or sporty, a plain car"

"My wife has driven her camry with basic maintenance for ten years and 207000 miles virtually trouble free. This is an extremely reliable car. It is roomy with a very large trunk and so great for families."

highly recommended

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE, safe, ample space"

Cons: "motor seat broke, replace lights more than others."

"I love my car! I put at least 100 miles each week and do the oil maintenance on time. i love it so much I bought a 2002 camry for my younger sister (only because i couldn't find an 03). I bought it used in 05 and it has NEVER let me down (just normal wear and tear)."

Reliable and Stylish

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, paint, pickup, speakers"

Cons: "Uncomfortable front seats, shaky at highway speeds"

"This is a great reliable and good looking car. The paint has not started to rust until 3 months ago, and it has been on the beach since 2003, when the car was bought. I have had no mechanical issues at all with the car, except for one original O2 sensor going out. The car has great pickup for a base model that weighs 38000 lbs, and it still gets great gas mileage (21-28) after almost 10 years with all original engine parts. The seats are comfortable for city driving, but get uncomfortable after 2+ hours of driving. The car starts to shake slightly when you get over 90 mph. This is a great first car!"

I adore my car!!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Just the best!"

Cons: "Would love to have a back-up camera."

"This is my third Toyota and I never want to part with it! The style looks like today's styles and it is the most reliable and comfortable car I've owned! Plenty of room. Easy to see out everywhere."