2003 Toyota Camry

Based on 1142 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Reliable and Value for money

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"Good Car to retain. No complaints. No compromise on power. One should see it on the freeway. It looks executive but too sporty in its pick-up."

Happy Camry Owner

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"I am on my fifth year of owning this car and could not be any happier. I only have three payment left and I plan to keep driving this car for several more years to come. I have 76,000 miles on the car and I still have the original brakes although I will need to replace them in another 10,000 miles. I get around 26-27 MPG in the city and 32-34 on the highway depending on the weather and speed. I was worried when I purchased the car that the 4 cyl. engine would not be powerful enough for me but the car has more than enough power for me. I have done my own tests and the only thing I can say is that the car is way under rated according to the car book specs. The only problem I forsee having in the next 25,000 miles is having to replace the lower control arm bushings. I was looking at them and the salt is making them wear quick. Of course it is hard to tell how long they will go so maybe I will get lucky. I just can't believe that the original brakes are still going. I have purchased many other vehicles in the past and I was lucky if I could get 60,000 miles out of the brakes. My last vehicle was a Doge Neon and by the time I had 46,000 miles the car needed $6,500 worth of work done so I traded it in and bought my Camry. The best part is that the car still drives like it is brand new. The steering is still tight and the car still rides nice. Most of the time I get a car and after two years I am bored with it but I will be sad the day when I have to retire this car. I have the first model year of the last style Camry and I would assume that the 2003-2006 model years are even better as the bugs were worked out. I don't think I will be buying another Camry until the next model style comes out in five more years!"

I LOVE ny Camry XLE V6!

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"This is my 3rd Camry. Love it. Turns on a dime. Lots of "get up and go" power. Great gas mileage (32 mpg on the road) and she's a V6. Very comfortable, especially on long trips. Of my 3 Camrys, none has had to go in for any warranty work! Most reliable, dependable cars I've ever owned (and I owned many). LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! :-) Best cars on the road are Toyotas."

okay for the money

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"Not a speed or handling demon. Bought the 2002 camry in 2006, and not a problem!! Just change the oil regularly and no problems. And the premium sound system is AWESOME. Only things i dont like are the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder yells rather than goes when it is told to accelerate, and is not powerful when the A/C is on. Defanately wished i would have waited for a 3.0 V6 to come along!! It has a severe case of body roll which is very nauseating when making a turn. The other thing is it severly lacks lower back support for me, especially since i am 6'3. But all in all i will be looking into a 2005 or 2006 XLE V6 camry in the near future!!"

Good Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"Only negative, when temperature is below 32 degrees, the transmission will not shift into overdrive until the car warms up."