2002 Toyota Camry

Based on 1226 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Awsome family sedan

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Look"

"Never has a single problem with it. Really reliable , comfort, quiet and functionality. Great mileage with 33 HWY and 24 Local . Not sexy looking but works great !"

Zero complaints. Love this car. Get one. Hurry.

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "No sun roof"

"The bottom line is this: Toyota REALLY knows how to build a quality car, and this is one of their best efforts. We've had ours for almost 75,000 miles and replacing brake lines was the most (and only) expensive thing we did to it. The rest was the routine stuff. It drives great. It's completely at home on the highway, and gets 30 mpg. It never fails to start. The front wheel drive is sure footed in snowy weather. Even the A/C has worked without complaint or repair for the entire time we've owned the car. It's no surprise they hold their value well. I cannot envision a more satisfying car ownership experience."

Vehicle in very good condition

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

Pros: "Great price, nice dependable car"

"Clean engine , accelerates good, tires still new, AC and stereo are working good, power door, window and diver seat. clean interior, body paint looks good."

I Love you Camry Girl! You've Been sooo Good To Me

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "EVERYTHING! PLUS RELIABILITY"

Cons: "Wish for 3 more inches of BKseat leg rm We're tall"

"My 2002 car is now 10 years old. I love her. Used to always be in a hurry and running out of time. This car handles excellent under high speeds. But now that I've calmed down and learned to manage my time, this car makes me smile all the time. With this many miles and only needing to replace a starter... how can I ever fall in love with another car again? As a 2nd time Toyta owner, soon to be 3rd, I reccommend this car to everyone. I don't drive so fast anymore and that's how I can appreciate my car for the quality that it is. It handels like the day I got it and as you can see the miles are many! Many children have rode in my car, many trips have been taken and fun late night excursions in mountain terrain... this car has done it all. And I must admit I never get the oil changed on time, I've only had 3 tune-ups done and though I know better than tho treat a car like this She keeps going. She's in Mint condition... Toyota has found a special place in my heart!"

I love my Camry !!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, and a pleasure to own."

"This is the first car I've held onto this long since I was 18 years old. I am now 42 and bought my Camry XLE new. I have to say this is the BEST car I have ever owed. The size, comfort, dependability, design, features, and especially cost to own. The biggest expense I've ever had to put into this car aside of normal maintanence, was replacing the set of tires a 3 times in 9 years. That's it folks. I've put 180,500 miles on it and it still drives remarkably well, solid and quiet. I've hesitated to trade in my car for a new one several times. Why? Well because it still drives like a new car with no car payments. Verses spending $30,000 for a new car, I've added a few updates like bluetooth, Satelite radio and portable navigation at reasonable cost. Yes, I am sold on Toyota. I've owned a Corolla, a 4Runner SUV Truck and now this 2002 being my 4th Camry. When I'm ready, I'm going to fix up my Camry with a Lexus ES350. I think we will all be very happy together. Cheers!"

very smooth driving well built car.No problems

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

I own this car

Pros: "Good driving vehicle.Duribility and operations"

Cons: "Up grading to smaller vehicle"

"car has adurable engine.No problems with starting up and running smoothly.The key to good operations of this vehicle is to keep it properly serviced."

I love this car

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

"i bought this car used and i absolutely love it. i cant find anything i dont love about it. it drives absolutely great and it is very comfortable for long road trips"

good reliable car, no problems

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pros: "good value,smooth ride but not much fun"

"only problem was a bad battery after 2 years. no mechanical problems, just regular maintenance. not an exciting car but drives nice and is comfortable."

By on Sunday, December 05, 2010

"I've had my '02 Camry 118K miles going on 9 yrs. Haven't had any problems at all until just this year which was rather minor after my front rear tire kept locking up on me.. replaced 1st the brakes, then the rotor, then a couple of other things and it turned out to be the master cylinder. After that, it's been rolling like brand new..never ever(knock-knock on wood) have I ever had any issues with the engine. I love that car and everything still works, all window, sunroof and a booming radio system. Although, I just purchased my new Avalon(love it even more-its luxury) I will save this Camry for my daughter when she gets of age. Thank you Toyota no matter what recent recalls Toyota has had you jumped on it and fixed it pronto. All cars have had their recalls its just that Toyota has always been rated high standards and still high in my book and every little thing they can say about Toyota will definitely get blown up in the media. Well let me tell you....I'm one loyal Toyota fan that will stand by you until the end. Thanks.........."

Excellent

By on Monday, June 07, 2010

"'03 Camry xle 4 cyl. I'm the original owner and liked it so much that I bought another '10 4 cyl. Camry XLE. The camry has served us very well and think you should own one. Kept the '03 for the kids"

The only option for us!

By on Tuesday, February 09, 2010

"We have had our 2006 Camry for almost a year now. This was our FIRST used vehicle ever (we are usually brand-new buyers). The car had 41k when we purchased it and now has almost 65k on it. TOTALLY WORRY FREE! Change the oil, rotate the tires.... done! We make almost 26mpg IN TOWN and have made up to 35mpg on the highway! Nothing better than going over 400 miles per tank! Comfort hasn't been a problem for us (and I've had two back injuries). We have traveled with a total of 4 of us at once on long road trips and everyone was comfy and happy. Dependable, good looking, sporty, powerful, great mpg, maintenance FREE, and low insurance! This car is a GREAT deal - we swear by Toyota, despite the recent events."

2002 toyota camry

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"this has been the best car we have ever owned. great gas mileage and comfortable ride. toyota makes the best cars on the road."

Best Vehicle Made !!!

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Have owned this car since new...in 03. Just routine maint. and it still gets 31 to 32 mpg on the highway i've got 195000 miles on it and will buy another Camry when this one gets to 300k miles!!!! I love this car!!!"

By on Monday, March 17, 2008

"Transmission went out at 65K, talked to others, all pull to the left consistantly, many alignments done, no improvement. Originally got 36 mpg, now average about 30 hwy."

Quality drops

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"I used to obe an avid toyota fan -- have owned them for years and they were great -- no major issues as long as you took care of then -- used to sell them only when I hit 200,000 miles. I bought a camry on 2005 and want to sell it asap -- the alternator literally fell apart after 2 years (past warranty because I had 45,000 miles on it), replaced a baterry and had to have other work done on it -- and its no even 3 years old-- I will buy a honda next time!!"

are you tall

By on Monday, November 12, 2007

"I really like this car, however if you are tall like me 6'3" then visibility is great highway, but in the city I cannot see the red light change to green when I am stopped at the light. The only way to know is to bend forward or if your lucky the light may be mounted on the side of the light post. Overall I love this car. Really good corner handling for the SE model 05'. I really hate the new look. It looks like you are driving one of the many bubbles out there. Sound dampening is good, but could be a little better on rough pavement (smooth is really quite). I have had some rattle problems with the dash, and the dealer tried to fix it but there is still some noise, though not as bad. Changing the oil is a pain since you have to pull the tabs and screws, out of the cover plate. I found out the hard way that you pull the center plug down to release the tabs. Oh, well it was only a $5 fix to get new ones. The new models also don't come with the trunk bar cover so if you want to put fragile things in the trunk, make sure you keep them well away from the trunk bars as you close the trunk. Some people have said that the reflection from the stereo is bad, but in my model there is no problem at night driving in the city with street lights shining in. My dad drove another camry and had that problem (not sure what year it was but it was older than mine). Great fuel mileage. I can get 25 mpg city and 34 highway. Not bad at all for such a large car. Anyway I hope this helps."

Not really a fan

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"Our '05 (purchased new) is my husband's car. He got it for it's great gas mileage (the man actually gets 34-35 mpg. hwy and his commute is all hwy). However, don't love the styling. It's gawky. This is not a very refined car. Also has a lot of interior rattles and have no idea why. But what we dislike most is the lack of comfort from the front seats, which has been a Camry problem for a long time. Family member had a '94. Car looked beautiful (we liked that body type), but very uncomfortable front seats (very stiff and hard; not enough support). Toyota really ought to address this issue. My husband plans on trading this car in a few more years and will not purchase another Camry."

Good luck!!!

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I am very disappointed in my 2002 Camry. I bought this car new in 2002 and had problems from day one. I still have repairs that need to be done right now. I take my car to the dealership for repairs and get my oil changed regularly. I only brought my car because I heard it was low maintenance car. Buy at your own risk!!!!"

jerky dissapointment

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"The car jerks and bucks due to the computer controlled transmission. Like a kid learning to drive a manual transmission. It takes too long to decide what gear it should be in and then slams into gear. Toyota says there is nothing wrong with it, they all do that. I hated the car so much, I sold it for $3000 less than the loan payoff just to be rid of it."

Warning:Bad on dusty roads.

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"I want to warn anyone who drives dusty roads. '04 Camry has a design flaw--air filter for the gas tank is positioned by the left rear wheel and quickly collects dust, clogging the gas tank air filter ($250)."

OLD FAITHFUL

By on Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Not trendy."

"Ive had this Camry for over 11 years. Turn the key snd drive. Its had regular service, eight new tires since 35,000 miles, and brake replacement. Its a comfortable, reliable sedan."

the best car I have ever owned

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "Reliably, easy to keep and care for."

"The best car I have owned. I would buy another in a heart-beat. It has treated me well over the years, original owner."

Best Car Ever!

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Fun car to drive, cruises down the highway!"

Cons: "None I can think of"

"I was told by my mechanic this was a very good year for the Camry and I agree. I bought it new and have kept up with oil changes, etc. I now have 166,000 miles and changed out water pump, changed the belt even though it looked fine. This has been a comfortable, fun car and I would do it all over again. I am still getting 29-31 mpg better than my mother's 2008 Camry."

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"Ive had this car for about 2 years and its a great car"

Oil & filt chngd every 3 Mos or 3M miles

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

Pros: "this is a fair price for this well-maintained car"

Cons: "I'm 6ft 1" tall, I would've liked more legroom."

"Ths is my persona vehice bought in Oct 2004. I did all the oil & filter changes myself. Every other year the transmssion and coolng systems were servced by the local Toyota dealer.In Nov 2014 the tires were replaced (including the spare) with Michelin Premier tires...the front end & rear was aligned when tires were installed. this vehicle has auto dimming rear view mirror and dealer installed security system. i have documents to confirm the above service & tire purchase. The reason I'm selling is that I want a new Camry. I personally feel that if the vehicle will continue to be maintained, It will provide several more years of dependability & safe transportation. Thanks Note: I use Pennzoil 5w 30 conventional oil (not synthetic) & buy the oil filters from the Parts dept At the local Toyota deaership, they are reasonably priced."