2002 Toyota Camry

Based on 1186 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Excellent vehicle!

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "reasonably priced, drives well and looks good."

Cons: "would be cool if it had dual temp control in front"

"I bought this car with 25000 miles on and have had it 8 years and it now has 265000 miles. I have had virtually no problems with this car. The only repairs have been brakes, tires and regular oil and filter changes. The car looks great yet and has no rust. Still runs like a top. We are about to buy another Camry and will be selling this one soon."

Best, safest, most comfortable sedan ever!

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, looks (sporty sedan), low insurance,"

Cons: "I love it too much."

"I have owned several cars in my lifetime; owning a dealership. This Camry is by far the best out of all of them. Sure I drive my corvette when I want to show off but when it comes to fuel economy and comfort my 2003 Camry goes all the way. I have the XLE (best package) and have never had to repair a thing on the car! I keep the fuilds fresh and I am pushing 300,000miles!!!! I would normaly push this onto the lot but I am so happy with how well this car has treated me it has become part of my family. I enjoy the other years Camry has (past 02) but like I said this car has been great to me and my family. If you are looking to buy, this car (if you can find it!) is a safe bet indeed."

Best vehicle I ever owned.

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"I use this vehicle for work, I drive long distances and the vehicle idles for at least 8 hours a day. The only thing that I have had to replace has been batteries, oil and tires. I have abused the vehicle and have given it poor maintenance, and stills hangs in there. I got more than my monies worth. I will never consider buying anything other than a Toyota Camry."

A solid reliable car

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Not very classy or sporty, a plain car"

"My wife has driven her camry with basic maintenance for ten years and 207000 miles virtually trouble free. This is an extremely reliable car. It is roomy with a very large trunk and so great for families."

NOT MUCH MONEY, BUT OH HONEY....

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Solid, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Styling isn't cutting edge by today's standard."

"OK, it's a 2002. OK, it's not a Lexus. And yep, she's got over 200,000 miles. But she rides good. She's very reliable. Everything functions properly. Air's cold, all power works, seems like fine condition. I admit aspiring to owning a new Lexus IS 350. In the meantime, this is the poor man's next best bet. A relatively heavy, somewhat luxurious version of the legendary Camry, 15 in. wheels, wood trim and leather interior--actual cash value less than $4,000. But rides like a million $. I've driven this car over 200,000 myself and she's been as reliable as a Swiss-made clock. My guess is that if you went to purchase a 2014 Camry XLE, you'd spend as much as you would on an entry level Lexus (Is 250). But for an older car, if you can stand a comfortable ride without the latest styles, this is a great old car. And it won't break you up on repairs. My recommendation below is based on my 2002 model; I can't make promises on the 2013-14 models, since I obviously don't own one."

highly recommended

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE, safe, ample space"

Cons: "motor seat broke, replace lights more than others."

"I love my car! I put at least 100 miles each week and do the oil maintenance on time. i love it so much I bought a 2002 camry for my younger sister (only because i couldn't find an 03). I bought it used in 05 and it has NEVER let me down (just normal wear and tear)."

A keeper

By on Sunday, March 23, 2008

"I really like this car. I have the XLE with leather seats and V-6 engine. Very comfortable ride. Only complaint, seems like it shifts jerky at times. It hasn't gotten any worse so maybe it is just particular to this car. Very nice air/heat with lots of great features like "can't leave your lights on", automatic locks, can't lock your keys in the car, good size trunk. I get 22MPG in city and 27 MPG highway. At 77K miles, have replaced battery twice and that is it. Runs and looks perfect still. Oh, did replace windshield twice -both time rocks!"

Reliable and Stylish

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, paint, pickup, speakers"

Cons: "Uncomfortable front seats, shaky at highway speeds"

"This is a great reliable and good looking car. The paint has not started to rust until 3 months ago, and it has been on the beach since 2003, when the car was bought. I have had no mechanical issues at all with the car, except for one original O2 sensor going out. The car has great pickup for a base model that weighs 38000 lbs, and it still gets great gas mileage (21-28) after almost 10 years with all original engine parts. The seats are comfortable for city driving, but get uncomfortable after 2+ hours of driving. The car starts to shake slightly when you get over 90 mph. This is a great first car!"

I adore my car!!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Just the best!"

Cons: "Would love to have a back-up camera."

"This is my third Toyota and I never want to part with it! The style looks like today's styles and it is the most reliable and comfortable car I've owned! Plenty of room. Easy to see out everywhere."

My all time favorite car ever! New battery, tires.

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Great quiet smooth drive"

"Leaving on mission in September and hate to give it up. Quite new battery, brakes and tires. I hope I can find a car that I will like as well when we get back. It has not given us any problem. It is safe and great in the snow. I have had the oil changed regularly. It is an XLE. When I was shopping for tires one of the salesmen commented about what a great car the XLE's are. I just met a man who commented that his XLE was his all time favorite car. I had them put the little cuts in the tires for added traction, which helped last winter. It has less than 108,000 miles. It has the wood grain plastic on the dashboard. It has a roomy trunk. It gets 32-33 miles per gallon on the road. The front has paint chips from hitting bugs other than a couple of minor paint chips the paint is in good condition. There is a little dullness on the plastic on the headlights, but still gives plenty of light. I love this car."

reliable as the day is long

By on Thursday, July 05, 2007

"put gas in it and go. 115,000 miles and still going strong. hope to get another 100,000 miles. best car I have ever owned."

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Dependability, Comfortable and Safe"

Cons: "Have No Cons with this Car"

"Car is Dependable and the Best I have ever owned. I will certainly Buy another Toyota Camry when I decide to buy a New one.."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Super Reliable, good gas mileage, steady handling"

Cons: "poorly designed center console"

"Nothing sexy about this car, just a flat out good automobile. Absolutely problem free for 10 years and 150,000 miles with just routine maintenance (3,000 mile oil changes, periodic refreshes of other fluids / filters, tires when worn). 80,000 miles on factory brakes, more than 40,000 on replacements. No front end or drive train issues at all. No body or finish issues at all. Only replacements to date are master brake cylinder and alternator (both at about 100,000 miles)."

Reliable, reasonably priced, great value!

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "reliable, sturdy, spacious compartment & trunk"

Cons: "Wipers scrape against window/noisy"

"Between my husband and me, this is the 4th Camry we've owned. Without question, it has proven to be very reliable and very easy to obtain service anywhere, at reasonable cost. We are planning to purchase another one next month, and possibly two (since we both need new cars at this time)."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable well made vehicle of best value"

Cons: "Conservative looking; could be more sporty looking"

"By far this is the most reliable car I have ever owned. At well over 225K this car is still running strong. Starts every time, engine is still smooth and seems to have at least another 150K miles of life left in it. Have been faithful with oil changes and use full synthetic as often as possible but definitely not less than quality synthetic blends. No major repairs needed except for the replacement of the BCM at about 212K (8 years after purchase...not bad at all). Still looks good inside and out."

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pros: "Reliable Car"

Cons: "Speaker Cover rot inback"

"This has been a great car. The only problems I have had were a catalytic convertor burn out that was covered by warranty, and the speaker covers in the back rotted in the sun. Minor issues. Comfortabe, reliable care"

My Love For My Car Is Unreal

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

Pros: "great mpg, fun to drive, reliable"

"I love love love my Camry! I would have no problem driving it anywhere in the US. It's close to hitting the 200k mark, but you certainly would not be able to tell. It gets great gas mileage for a 2002, but it has plenty of pep to get up and go. I never get below 30 MPG. The JBL premium sound system is AWESOME! I cannot believe it came from the factory like that. Overall, this is the BEST car I have ever owned in my life, and I don't ever plan on getting rid of it. It's just an awesome car."

over 200k and still runs without any problem

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Im amazed with the reliability of this car. Never thought i would be able to drive any car more than 200k and not have a problem with it. except normal small repairs, nothing major has happened to the car."

I love this car

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, gas efficient, plenty of power"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"I bought this car because I needed something reliable and the Camry has been that! I have had not problems with this car. Starts first time, everytime. It's stylish enough that my 25yr old daughter has it at least half of the time that I've had it. I feel comfortable when she is driving the Camry, because I know she driving a good, reliable car."

Great reliable car

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"I have had my Camry for about one year now and have enjoyed it a great deal. I had a Grand Cherokee prior and began having a few problems with it and was starting a new job that would require a great deal of driving, so I decided to get something newer. I have never owned a Toyota, but based on word of mouth, and now my personal experience, I was missing out. I have out a little over 25,000 miles on my Camry and have had no problems. The ride is great. Gas mileage is really good (25-26 mix of city and highway, about 30 only highway), especially compared to my Grand Cherokee. The one thing I was concerned with was driver space because I am 6'3", but that is adequate even over long distances. I am very satisfied with my Camry and will purchase from Toyota again for sure."

Toyota Camry

By on Monday, May 18, 2015

Pros: "its drives just fine, no problems at all.."

"I've had this car since 2004. Purchased new and it has abour 40,000 miles on it. It has never ever failed me. All its ever had was oil changes and new tires. I"d buy this car again.... there's nothing at all to dislike about this wonderful auto!.."

This car drives like a dream for its age.

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pros: "Great price. A gem of a car."

Cons: "Everything inside and out intact and working well."

"I love this car and would keep it for ever. I am moving far away and taking my other newer car as I will not need two cars. It is a unique car in that has everything except a built in GPS and Blue Tooth capabilities. However it has something few cars come with these days, a tape deck ! It has six speakers and a 6 CD player with very easy operation. Rides ever so smoothly, brakes well and power steering and brakes function like new. Lovely car with hardly any scratches."

best car ever

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

"i'm 82 years old and have owned a lot of cars.this is the most reliable car i have ever owned. replaced serpentine belt and tires. flushed transmission and replaced sparkplugs. thats all the parts that i have ever replaced. can't say that for all the fords , chevrolets ,dodges and plymouths that i've owned. i do mostly road mileage , and am sure that and regular oil changes have helped a lot."

One of the greatest cars I ever owned I

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "not as fun to drive as my old Carola was, but I st"

Cons: "Seats not as comfortable"

"Was not sure I would like it, because I thought it was maybe too big. But I have not had any trouble to speak of. I almost hate to get rid of it."

Great Car- Great Value!

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "easy handling even in snow, good gas mileage"

Cons: "did not come with factory auto lock for doors"

"I bought this car when it was two years old and had approximately 30k miles on it. This is my go everywhere car! I drive it all over town and don't hesitate to throw a suitcase in the trunk and head out for a long road trip. I have done all the typical maintenance work required; oil changes, tires, brakes, wiper blades, battery and serpentine belt changed. Other than that the only mechanical work done was replace the starter and re-charge the a/c. I fully expect this car to run another 100k or more miles! It was a great value."