2002 Toyota Camry

Based on 1114 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Think twice!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"Absolute worst car I have ever owned. I don't know how I got mixed up in the "Toyota's are the best" mentality. I had transmission problems at around 5K miles--Warranty covered but it was a big disappointment for a new car. The Toyota garage is mystified that I have a valve seal that needs replaced already at 30K. The seats are not very comfortable and feel like a cheap recliner. I also had to have the hinge on the front passangers door replaced because it broke. Styling is very plain on the inside and feels cheap to other vehicles I have had. I love the new car smell, except this one smells just like plastic. I feel this is a very poorly designed and built car inside and out. Think twice before you buy Toyota. So many people say Toyota's have a good resale value, well, my dealership won't even give me close to what KBB says the trade in value is. I guess they know what kind of car they would be getting!"

Good Car

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I'm afraid I am of one of the few people that have had problems with the car. Today spent 1800 in repairs and maintenance. 81k miles, did the 90k tuneup with timing belt. Had a leak in the head gasket and that had to be replaced. The belts squealed on startup so those were replace too. While this is disappointing it is rare. Interior looks great and body has kept up well. Looking forward to another 70k miles before I think about replacing."

Only Toyotas

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I have owned three Camrys and will probably own more. My daughter "inherited" the '86 with 287,000 mi. (I still love that car). A little rust, replaced the transmission. My husband drives the '96 with 375,00+mi. This car is beautiful. The carpet has a small wear hole where heel touches below gas pedal, otherwise interior is perfect (and we happily hauled two children all over the place) and the exterior has no rust. NO MAJOR MECHANICAL PROBLEMS EVER WITH THE '96. Had to replace an oxygen sensor once. My 2004 is a great car although I feel they may have "cheaped" them down a bit to keep the price competitive. Not totally thrilled with the upholstery on seats and doors (material starting to ball up and look fuzzy). But overall, we love these cars and will never buy anything but a Toyota. I've tested lots of cars and nothing out there beats the feel of a Toyota made vehicle. Next I look forward to a great Toyota truck."

Best vehicle I ever had

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"This is the best car I have ever had. I recommend it to anyone. It is a great family car. I have never had any problems w/ mine. I will never have anything but a Toyota ever again."

love this car !

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"Great vehicle. Rides like a dream. Brother(a mercedes owner) says it rides/drives better than his 500 series ! I believe it."