2001 Toyota Camry

Based on 1062 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Seriously, love this car!

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Low price, great quality, smooth ride"

"This car is amazing. I have never had any serious issues with it. It was my first car and it is still going strong. These cars are so reliable. I would highly recommend them for someones first car. You can always count on them! I would recommend an older model of this car, mine is the 1999, because I knew someone with a brand new one back in 2012 and they had driven my car and compared it to theirs, mine was better because it was better in snow, felt cozier, and it was easier to drive. Unless you can actually afford a brand new 2015, I would go with an older model."

Best car I have ever had!

By on Monday, February 4, 2013

Pros: "Great car, good mpg, and reliable."

Cons: "cheap interior"

"With over 300,000 miles, I have only had about 1200 in repairs. I wish they had put a little more thought into the interior, but it's still a comfortable and easy car to drive."

Fantastic Value, 296K miles, incredibly reliable.

By on Monday, May 2, 2016

Pros: "Reliability, Price ($18.8K new), MPG, Handling"

Cons: "Power (4cyl), flimsy rear cup holders."

"The '97 camry 4-cyl LE isn't a hotrod, but for 20 years it's provided amazingly reliable transportation. Good mpg, and I like the ride - comfortable, & very secure. I've had to avoid my share of random out-of-nowhere obstacles on the highway, and it handles great. I had an oil pan leak early on, covered under warranty, then 15 years of nothing but standard maintenance. In the last few years I've had to replace the distributor points, radiator, right front axle and boot. Oh yeah, I replaced the headlights myself last winter just because the plastic had yellowed. The A/C finally bought the farm last year, and the clear coat started peeling a year ago. However, the transmission is still smooth as ever, & the engine purrs like it's brand new. With some TLC I bet it could go another 10 years or more, but I'm ready to upgrade once I hit the magic 300K."

Quality Reliability = High Value | Enough Said

By on Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Pros: "Quality Reliability = High Value | Enough Said"

"After 189,000 miles, my 2000 Camry is the most reliable vehicle I've ever had. We've replaced the brakes and tires and used full synthetic oil - so not a lot of maintenance costs. We've had many good memories in the Camry - from celebrating volleyball"

Impressive

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Great on gas, lots of cargo room, and very comfy"

Cons: "wow I seriously just sat here for a minute. none"

"I originally purchased this car as my commuter. It now is my main source of transportation. I have owned several very nice cars including two brand new off the lot. I have never purchased such an inexpensive vehicle (because of age and miles (about$3000)) and was scared to do so. After driving it to LA (2,000 miles one way) and back for my cruise, I knew it would last me a while. It now has about 227,000 and I am confident it will go to 300,000. It runs smooth and every time a passenger asks how many miles it has on it, I physical have to show them because they do not believe me (in part because you can eat off my floors ). This car comes to you with my highest recommendation!"