2001 Toyota Camry

Based on 1062 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Great car to buy and keep long after its paid off

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Dependable and low maintance cost"

Cons: "Maintance is a must on oil seals."

"I bought this car with 6 miles. I have put 190,000 miles over the last 14 years. I have had no problems with the car. It is dependable and has always got me where I needed to be. The only work I put in the car was what was required under the maintance guide. The car handles well on wet and snowy roads. It is a little sluggish with the acceleration but it is a 4 cyl and I am more about quality over speed. I am sold on the dependability of the Camry and it is worth every penny if you are looking to buy and keep the car."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I bought my used 2000 Toyota Camry Ce in 2002 with 15000 miles. It is a excellent car. Obviously it is not built for superb speed like an Infiniti G37 or luxury like Bentlys, but my Camry is an excellent car for it's price. I just do all my scheduled maintenance and it runs fine. Also if you know how to use the horse power it does provide (stopping and accelerating at the correct times) your passengers might start doubting it has only 133 horse power like mine do. I have 67000 miles on my car now and I heard it normally goes to 300000+. My only complaint would be the rear cup holder is quite fragile and was broken since I purchased my used Camry."

Extremely reliable car.

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Low cost to maintain, lots of storage."

"I bought my 99 Camry in 2007 with 134k on it. I have since put almost 120k on it. In Non-scheduled maintenance I have put less than $300 into the car. I have driven this car in extreme conditions from mountain dirt roads to sliding on ice and snow in Missouri, it definitely shows its age from use, but mechanically it is still in great shape"

Excellent

By on Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Cant think of any"

"Best car I've ever had by far. I've only had one problem other than regular wear and tear type maintenance. Had to have the EGR vacuum switching valve replaced when the Check engine light came on. Other than that, only had the brake pads replaced once and regular oil changes and tires are all i've had to do to it. Wayyy better than any vehicle i've had in the past. Only car i've had with such few problems. I plan on driving it a few more years to at least 200k."

The best car I have ever owned

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

"This is the best car I have ever owned. I will never own anything other than a Toyota Camry in the future. Extremely reliable and everything you could want in a car!!"