2001 Toyota Camry

Based on 1063 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Excellent car!!!!!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Exellent value, built to last, great price,"

Cons: "nothing I can think of."

"We bought this car brand new back in December 1997 with the odometer read 3 miles on it. As of today it read 204995 miles on the odometer (1/10/2013) We did a timing belt changed twice. Oil changed every 3-6 mos, drove cross country and back, from Kansas to Oklahoma, to Oregon, back to KS then to Florida then back to KS again. It was a great car for us and also was a great first car for our son. Sadly, we may have to part with it as he got hit from behind and it may have to be total. The car still running great, and would have probably last us a few more years. A wonderful car, too bad they don't make it like it used to be."

Love this car - easy to drive - great acceleration

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable and easy to drive."

Cons: "Price"

"Bought this car new and love it. It handles well, is comfortable, and has good acceleration. It still looks sharp, too. The only problems I have had in 13 years are: batteries, replaced the alternator once and replaced the driver side window motor. I have kept the oil changed religiously more often at 3000 miles than the Toyota recommended 5000."

Old Faithful

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pros: "Great on gas, low maintenance"

Cons: "Transmission acts weird after 190,000 miles"

"With regular maintenance and a little TLC, this was the best vehicle I've ever owned in terms of reliability. Great on gas and performed well in all situations."

Toyota does it again

By on Friday, January 9, 2009

"My first car ever was an Acura Integra. I went searching for my next car hoping to find a Honda when I spotted a 1996 Toyota Corolla. Not only was the Corolla better looking then the Honda's I looked at but it had less mileage and cost less. I decided to buy the Corolla and boy was I impressed. I thought my Acura was a good car but that was before I bought a Toyota. Toyota's make Honda's look like over-priced junk. Anyway, after over 230,000 miles on an automatic transmission and never giving me any problems I decided to sell my Corolla and look for a larger Camry. I bought the Camry about 6 months ago used and it continues to impress me. I live in the mountains and commute up and down to the flat lands so it gets much more wear than a normal car would. The Camry is such a fancy car that makes you feel like you are driving a very expensive car. It rides like no other car I have ever been in, it is quiet and smooth while performing awesome. My husband is a mechanic and former "Chevy guy" and swears he will buy nothing anymore but a Toyota. I average about 28MPG mountain and some city driving which is pretty good considering I don't really drive highway miles that much. Pretty much everyone that rides in my car is impressed about how nice it is. The best thing about the car is that I have peace of mind that I know this car will at least last the 230,000 miles my Corolla did. One of the things that I really enjoy about my Camry is the quiet and smooth ride while having so much power with great MPG. Another thing that appreciate about Toyota's is that they don't look cheap. I have noticed many brand new cars such as Jeeps etc. that just look cheap and very plastic. My Camry is 9 years old and it looks better and more expensive than many of the new cars on the road. Also, I must say that with my Corolla I was so impressed by the little things like how well the carpet and seats wore. These cars are truly about quality both in and out and I am proud to say that I will NEVER buy anything but a Toyota."

150k miles and still going

By on Sunday, December 23, 2007

"I purchased this car 7 yrs ago with 35000 miles. Now, running at 150k miles and still going strong. The only thing that i have done to the car are regular oil changes, transmission flush, replaced the timing belt and water pump (at 120k miles), replaced the O2 sensor (at 135k miles). The only thing that i dislike about the car is the power, it lags during those times when you need to step it up. Great car to get you from point A to B. Highly recommend it for someone seeking a simple dependable car."

1997 Camry

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I bought this 1998 Camry in 2001 with 20000 miles on it. It now has 106000 miles. It runs and looks like a new one. The 4 cylinder Automatic still get 35 MPG on the Freeway. The only real problem, other than general maintenance, that I have had is the front strut mounts broke and ruined the struts. The repair was about $700. This is a great car and has been very dependable."

Best Car I ever owned

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, nimble in traffic."

"200k miles, used daily to commute 56 miles, and not one problem. Regular scheduled maintenance only. Quiet, comfortable, cruises easily at 80. Cold AC even on 100+ degree Houston days. Garage kept so paint is like new. Usually get 27 mpg."

Toyota Camry's Are The Best!!!

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

"Toyota Camry's are very good cars! There's nothing I can say bad about them! They are very reliable and as long as you keep up the regular maintenance like oil change, spark plugs, Ect, then they should last a very long time. Mine has over 200,000 miles and runs like new! They're safe, reliable, good on gas, and really a perfect car for all ages! I love my Camry!"

Love This Car!

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "mine has a spoiler & moonroof ! Fun!"

"This is my 3rd Camry, so would you say I love it?! YES!! I will not buy anything BUT Toyota. I do the usual maintenance, ie, oil changes, tires, etc. These cars are never at the Toyota dealer for repairs, I swear! At least, I have never had any problems. I AM a very happy Toyota driver!"

One heck of a car

By on Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pros: "Great MPG, reliability"

Cons: "cheap door handles, burns slight amount of oil"

"My parents bought this car new in 98. In 2009 the car had 180000 miles on it and it needed new struts in the rear and they were going to donate it to the DAV. I ended up getting it from them and replaced the struts myself. 80000 miles later I havent put one cent into her other than tires and oil changes. It does burn one quart of oil ever 1000 miles but other than that it runs great! I am a farmer that drives big gas hogging trucks and this is a welcome relief at the pump as I get 34 mpg on the highway. It has cheap door handles as I had to replace one that broke when it was frozen. But all things considered you would find a better more reliable car than the 1998 toyota camry."