2001 Toyota Camry

Based on 1063 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

1997 Camry

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I bought this 1998 Camry in 2001 with 20000 miles on it. It now has 106000 miles. It runs and looks like a new one. The 4 cylinder Automatic still get 35 MPG on the Freeway. The only real problem, other than general maintenance, that I have had is the front strut mounts broke and ruined the struts. The repair was about $700. This is a great car and has been very dependable."

Best Car I ever owned

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, nimble in traffic."

"200k miles, used daily to commute 56 miles, and not one problem. Regular scheduled maintenance only. Quiet, comfortable, cruises easily at 80. Cold AC even on 100+ degree Houston days. Garage kept so paint is like new. Usually get 27 mpg."

Toyota Camry's Are The Best!!!

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

"Toyota Camry's are very good cars! There's nothing I can say bad about them! They are very reliable and as long as you keep up the regular maintenance like oil change, spark plugs, Ect, then they should last a very long time. Mine has over 200,000 miles and runs like new! They're safe, reliable, good on gas, and really a perfect car for all ages! I love my Camry!"

Love This Car!

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "mine has a spoiler & moonroof ! Fun!"

"This is my 3rd Camry, so would you say I love it?! YES!! I will not buy anything BUT Toyota. I do the usual maintenance, ie, oil changes, tires, etc. These cars are never at the Toyota dealer for repairs, I swear! At least, I have never had any problems. I AM a very happy Toyota driver!"

One heck of a car

By on Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pros: "Great MPG, reliability"

Cons: "cheap door handles, burns slight amount of oil"

"My parents bought this car new in 98. In 2009 the car had 180000 miles on it and it needed new struts in the rear and they were going to donate it to the DAV. I ended up getting it from them and replaced the struts myself. 80000 miles later I havent put one cent into her other than tires and oil changes. It does burn one quart of oil ever 1000 miles but other than that it runs great! I am a farmer that drives big gas hogging trucks and this is a welcome relief at the pump as I get 34 mpg on the highway. It has cheap door handles as I had to replace one that broke when it was frozen. But all things considered you would find a better more reliable car than the 1998 toyota camry."

Toyotas keep on going and going...

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, built to last, good gas mileage."

Cons: "flimsy backseat cup holders"

"My 2000 Camry CE has 175000 miles on it, been to 19 states, and still performs as well as the day I drove it from the dealership with 7 miles on it. I replaced my tires last year and I am on my second battery... other than that I have been following the maintenance schedule in the manual. No major repairs at all. Here's to the next 175000 miles. Cheers!"

A very Reliable car

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Reliable"

"I bought this car at 60,000 miles and now its at 204,000 miles.I moved alot and because of that I drove it all over USA in all kinds of weather hot,cold, snow never had any issues.I always kept up with regular maintenance work."

i love this car

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "MPg, Design, Stereo, Reliable"

"The 99' tan camry is by far my favorite car. I'm a highschooler so it could be expected that I would get a car that is handed down. However, this is not how it feels with my tan camry. It rides perfectly, not noisy like fords and chevys I have driven. Its gets on average 31 miles per gallon and has a above average stock stereo system. I also love the design and it naturally flows from front to back. This is the summary of my commitment to this car. I recently got into an accident(not my fault) and I'm willing to do whatever to make sure I don't have to buy another car."

14 years and still kicking

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "long life, great gas mileage, low maintance"

Cons: "yellow headlights"

"Bought my Camry with 120,000 from a guy I work with. I had to stick some money into it at first, 'cos the guy didn't keep up with it. Timing, exhaust, a few gaskets, fuel filter. Since then I've put on new front brakes, added a K"

Amazing car

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"I bought this car with 80k miles, and although I have only put about 10k miles on the car thus far, I know this car will last me a long time. I don't like the styling of the car too much compared to Honda Accord. But this car defiantly makes up for it the V6 engine and the smooth ride is amazing. I owned a 2003 Altima 3.5SE before this, it was newer, and had only 30k miles on it. But in my opinion the Camry with 90k miles drives much better. I used to be a Honda and Nissan fan only, but now I think I will only be purchasing Toyota's!"

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"I bought a 1997 Camry whan I was in college and drove it for 7 years. I put over 95,000 miles on it and never had a problem with it. I even drove it on the autobahn at 115mph with a 4 cylinder and it ran great. I'm sad to sell it off, but I will definatly buy another one in the near future."

I love Toyotas!

By on Tuesday, December 4, 2007

"I have owned nothing but Toyotas, from a '73 Corolla to a '79 Celica to a '86 Supra I put 160k on, and now a '97 Camry V6-3 Liter I bought in '02 with 47k on it. Now has 88k. Love the ride and power of this automatic. Gets 29 mpg on highway. Have had a few repair issues: Hardware inside driver door broke, cost $200; Last year had to replace power steering pump, lower control arm bushings, motor mounts, drive belts, transmission pan gasket, and brake job on all 4 wheels, cost $1,300. This year, driver seat belt wouldn't retract, replacement costing $250, and an emissions problem requiring replacement of some parts and decarb engine intake, cost $500. Otherwise, extremely reliable, has never stranded me on the road. Toyota parts are terribly expensive, and the dealers charge $98 an hour, they'll retire much younger than me. But reliability is worth paying for! Replaced the factory radio with an MP3 player, kept the factory speakers, and it sounds GREAT! I'll be driving this car for at least another 10 years!"

this is my third camry, will continue to own one

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Good, reliable car that holds resale value well. Dependable, stylish and comfortable to drive. Good performance and takes you where you need to go. Well built and low maintainence problems. You don't see them broke down on the side of the road. Good gas mileage and expect to get at least 200,000 miles out of the Camry. Only drawback is that parts are expensive. I change my oil every 2,500 miles and use only Toyota parts. Follow maintainence guidelines and it will last a long time."

very reliable

By on Sunday, September 9, 2007

"my wife and i bought this car 11 years ago and it has been a great car to own. the camry is very reliable and when we do take it in for service, the repair bills are reasonable. at 143k miles, the car is running great. i could see this car hitting 200k miles."

Not My Favorite Camry

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"Overall, a very good car. This is my third Camry. I have had several problems with this 2001. Some costly sensors and such. Basic maintenance is overpriced at the dealer."

1997 Camry XLE

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I bought this V-6 1997 Camry XLE in 2000 with 17,000 miles on it (from iMotors). I have the 3.0 liter V6 engine and it is simply excellent! I have excellent power, even now with 200,000 miles on it. This has been the most dependable auto that I have owned. I consider it a perfect mating of luxury and power."

I love my Toyota

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"I bought this car in 2001 because I had a toyota tercel that I had for 15 years and thought that I would get another Toyota. That is basically all we have ever owned. I like the gas mileage they get and performance. One thing though, when you start having trouble, you have trouble after trouble. Then it is time to let it go (sell, trade or whatever). I have several friends who has the same car (99 Camry), They had the same problems I had. The canister above the gas tank and some sensor valve messed up, theirs did too. So this tells me that those items should have a recall on them. Too many people I know have had the same problems. Other than that I love Toyota."

A Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"My XLE has been a great car. Other than brakes, tires, and oil changes I have not had to do anything to the car for 90,000 miles. When the car reaches this mileage you may begin to experience front strut bushing noise. Belts and radiator hoses should also be replaced. The car rides nice and has very little road noise."

Extremely Reliable

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for reliable transportation. The only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars is I find the seats somewhat uncomfortable over long periods of time. Other than that his has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, all you do is oil changes and wear parts and drive it."

250,000 miles-Best Car Yet!

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, smooth and great gas mileage."

Cons: "Door handles will break eventually."

"My 99 Camry just hit 250,000 miles.I have owned this car for 3 years. I am getting ready to purchase a 2001 model. This car is amazing. 2.2 Liter engine is surprisingly a workhorse even after 14 years on the road. I have done all the recommended maintenance. This car could easily go another 100,000 - 150,000 miles.It will rust out before it dies mechanically...lol. I bought this car with 212,000 miles. I have moved to two different states. No major repairs. Brakes, battery and tune-up are the only maintenance cost to date."

Such a solid vehicle

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Good space, convienient design, nice look,"

Cons: "not luxurious or fancy"

"I have owned this car for a little over two weeks. It has 173,000 miles and in perfect working condition. A few scratches, and a chunk of plastic from 1 side view mirror is missing from a previous driver side-swipe accident. Since owning this car, the only maintenance has been WD-40 on the belts, a little carb/throttle body cleaner on the IAC sensor/valve, and some coolant. Definitely going to fix up the aesthetics because, hey, this car is worth some TLC!!"

I have enjoyed this car and it has served me well.

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "This car has looks like a 4-door sports car -"

"I have driven this car for 12 years and it has given me little trouble. It corners well and steers straight. My professional service people have really helped me to learn about this car and they say that it will last me for years. My maintenance allowance is small."

Excellent car

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "gas milage, reliability, low maintenance"

Cons: "age"

"Driven this car since 2000. It has been excellent with very few repairs needed over the years. It's not the most stylish or even the most comfortable, but it certain has been very reliable with good gas milege I will very likely buy another Toyota soon."

I love this car

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "less maintenance cost, reliability, Milage"

Cons: "not think of any"

"Maintenance cost is very low. I just do the regular maintenance and it runs great, with out any problem, I am owning this car since last 3 years(40 k miles) which run with out any issues."

Great car

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "rear windshield wiper would be great"

"I just recently bought a 2001 model, after having a 2000 model since 2009. The 2000 has been great, very dependable for my daughter's first car. Now the younger daughter has a very similar vehicle. We are hoping to have as much success from this second one as from the first. It had a great initial checkup from our mechanic and we went ahead and got the timing belt and water pump changed out to prevent issues. They're good size vehicles for hauling people and stuff. Great on gas."