2001 Toyota Camry

Based on 1037 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Great bang for your buck

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Great on gas, reliable, convenient"

Cons: "Body doesn't last as long as engine"

"I bought the vehicle in 2011 with 250,000 KM. I have only had to change the fluids, the timing belt, and the brakes. The suspension has gone on it, bottoms out very easily and I haven't had the opportunity to get it repaired. The exhaust hangs low on the car, causing it to scrape on the ground when the car bottoms out. I have replaced the speakers and the stereo with a modern sound system. The electronics on the car (sun roof, windows, locks, driver seat) all work fine. Great on gas, 65 - 70 liters of gas lasts approximately 600 KM in the city and 700 KM on the highway. I had a flat tire the other day and was very surprised to find a full size spare in my trunk, (not sure if it came stock or the previous owner had left it there). The car handles well despite the suspension issues, and highway driving is very smooth, plenty of passing power even for a 2.2 4 cylinder. The engine runs great, it has started in -30 degree Celsius weather unplugged without a hiccup. The body is starting to rust, the clear coat is chipping off the roof, small cosmetic"

Best car I have owned in my 65 years of driving!!!

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "I am 6'3" it's very comfortable on long trips"

Cons: "None for me"

"I bought the car used and have been very surprised at the quality of the Camry. I have driven the car 4 years. The only things I have had done to it were at 180000 miles there was a small oil leak from the oil pump seal, a $150 repair. At 201000 miles I had the timing belt replaced for $180. The car is very reliable. I drive it to Las Vegas from San Diego without a second thought as to reliability. I average 16 mpg in city driving and 30+mpg on the hiway. I have owned 5 Fords,3 Chevrolets,1 Lincoln,2 Mercurys, 2 Buicks, 2 Oldsmobiles, 1 Cadillac, 2 VW's,1 Citroen and 2 Triumphs. I think that is enough cars to compare and make the statement "It's the best car I have owned in 65 years of driving"."

Faithful and Indestructible Camry

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, GREAT value, easy-ish to work on"

Cons: "NO acceleration to speak of(fixed in newer models)"

Running with the Big Boys on the mountain trails of Utah. Did I mention I was leading the pack?

"I bought my Camry in 2008 at 117k miles, and I have not had a single issue yet. I do all the mechanic work myself and have only ever had to do maintenance work (tires, brakes, oil, etc.) This car has gotten me across the country multiple times, driven day-to-day, and has not been babied. I have been ran off the road by a semi, gone mudding twice (stuck once[got farther than a Dodge Ram] and pulled out by a Toyota truck), and gone off-roading on mountain trails in Utah that were meant for ATV's and 4x4 vehicles(see picture). I say all this to say that neither have I had a single issue with my car through day-to-day driving in highschool, college, and career, nor have I had an issue in the "Extra-curricular" driving through the years. I look forward to breaking 300k on this car and intend to put it out in style."

517000 and still going strong!

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Extremely dependable, overall great car"

Cons: "Minor issues with check engine light"

"I purchased my 98 Camry with 48k on it in 2001 and now with 517K. I Stay on top of oil changes and regular maintenance and it still has original engine. Starts up great and has yet to fail me. Best car I have owned. Plan on getting to 600k or even 750K.. unless the wheels fall off before then :)"

Best car I have ever had!

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Great car, good mpg, and reliable."

Cons: "cheap interior"

"With over 300,000 miles, I have only had about 1200 in repairs. I wish they had put a little more thought into the interior, but it's still a comfortable and easy car to drive."