2001 Toyota Camry

Based on 1047 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

277,000K RUNNING LIKE NEW!

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "very dependable and durable"

Cons: "not very luxury-minded."

"I put in about 25,000 miles per year, original owner, now 277,000 with just basic maintenence! Better now than most other makes when new! 277,000 and just getting started!"

excellent auto

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "great price,and fun to drive"

"the most realiable auto I've ever owned,and would buy another Toyota Camry again in an instant(if I needed to) I would recommend this type of car to any young family who are looking to buy."

Great car to buy and keep long after its paid off

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Dependable and low maintance cost"

Cons: "Maintance is a must on oil seals."

"I bought this car with 6 miles. I have put 190,000 miles over the last 14 years. I have had no problems with the car. It is dependable and has always got me where I needed to be. The only work I put in the car was what was required under the maintance guide. The car handles well on wet and snowy roads. It is a little sluggish with the acceleration but it is a 4 cyl and I am more about quality over speed. I am sold on the dependability of the Camry and it is worth every penny if you are looking to buy and keep the car."

Best of the best!! Everything is original

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Very dependable, smooth ride, engine stills hums"

Cons: "Clear coat does not last as long as it should"

"Very dependable car!! Everything is original in this vehicle with over 353,000 miles, I still drive this car out of town!! Go Toyota!! I am looking to buy another, but will probably still keep this one. This is my 3rd Camry. ( I still have my 1989 Camry as well)"

We got the lemon

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"Camry purchased based on longevity, quality and maintenance of high resale value. Vehicle started making noise at 82,000 miles, shortly after expiration of extended warranty (7 yrs/100,000 mi). After extensive diagnostics, were advised that a piston had broken, car was worthless unless engine was replaced, no trade-in value, no sales value. Cost to replace engine over $7500. Car was single-owner, used moderately for 8 years, driven only freeway and city streets maintained regularly, so should have lasted to 150,000 miles or more. Local Toyota service rep stated this should NOT have happened in the circumstances, and made numerous attempts to intercede with Toyota on our behalf. However, Toyota refused any assistance. Toyota service rep indicated only option short of full engine replacement was to drive the car until it died, which it recently did, as it had no resale value. Have lost confidence in Toyota, would not purchase another vehicle from them at this point."