2001 Toyota Camry

Based on 1038 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Best of the best!! Everything is original

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Very dependable, smooth ride, engine stills hums"

Cons: "Clear coat does not last as long as it should"

"Very dependable car!! Everything is original in this vehicle with over 353,000 miles, I still drive this car out of town!! Go Toyota!! I am looking to buy another, but will probably still keep this one. This is my 3rd Camry. ( I still have my 1989 Camry as well)"

We got the lemon

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"Camry purchased based on longevity, quality and maintenance of high resale value. Vehicle started making noise at 82,000 miles, shortly after expiration of extended warranty (7 yrs/100,000 mi). After extensive diagnostics, were advised that a piston had broken, car was worthless unless engine was replaced, no trade-in value, no sales value. Cost to replace engine over $7500. Car was single-owner, used moderately for 8 years, driven only freeway and city streets maintained regularly, so should have lasted to 150,000 miles or more. Local Toyota service rep stated this should NOT have happened in the circumstances, and made numerous attempts to intercede with Toyota on our behalf. However, Toyota refused any assistance. Toyota service rep indicated only option short of full engine replacement was to drive the car until it died, which it recently did, as it had no resale value. Have lost confidence in Toyota, would not purchase another vehicle from them at this point."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Bought this vehicle at auction as a "filler" car until I could find something better. Bought with lots of miles (260K), cheap, had to do a few maintenance things when I first bought it, since I didn't know anything about it (timing belt, some seals, and an half shaft) - other than tires, a battery and oil changes, it hasn't needed anything but regular maintenance and gas. I drive it over 500 miles a week, great commute car. It now has over 325K miles on it - still going strong, starts every time and still gets 29 MPG (4 cyl). I bought it as a filler, but it just won't die. Heat is hot, air will keep beef cold, even in Oklahoma summers. I'm afraid I may own it forever, can't seem to kill it and no one wants it because of the miles, but I would trust it to drive anywhere. I drove it to Houston last summer, no problems and over 31 MPG. We will likely buy another one for my wife in the future."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I bought my used 2000 Toyota Camry Ce in 2002 with 15000 miles. It is a excellent car. Obviously it is not built for superb speed like an Infiniti G37 or luxury like Bentlys, but my Camry is an excellent car for it's price. I just do all my scheduled maintenance and it runs fine. Also if you know how to use the horse power it does provide (stopping and accelerating at the correct times) your passengers might start doubting it has only 133 horse power like mine do. I have 67000 miles on my car now and I heard it normally goes to 300000+. My only complaint would be the rear cup holder is quite fragile and was broken since I purchased my used Camry."

Seriously, love this car!

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Low price, great quality, smooth ride"

"This car is amazing. I have never had any serious issues with it. It was my first car and it is still going strong. These cars are so reliable. I would highly recommend them for someones first car. You can always count on them! I would recommend an older model of this car, mine is the 1999, because I knew someone with a brand new one back in 2012 and they had driven my car and compared it to theirs, mine was better because it was better in snow, felt cozier, and it was easier to drive. Unless you can actually afford a brand new 2015, I would go with an older model."

Great car. Great shape and care.

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Outstanding vehicle"

"Car is 1 owner. Garage kept. Low miles. Always serviced. Has TDS theft deterrent system. Gets great milage and is rock solid dependable."

Extremely reliable car.

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Low cost to maintain, lots of storage."

"I bought my 99 Camry in 2007 with 134k on it. I have since put almost 120k on it. In Non-scheduled maintenance I have put less than $300 into the car. I have driven this car in extreme conditions from mountain dirt roads to sliding on ice and snow in Missouri, it definitely shows its age from use, but mechanically it is still in great shape"

Excellent

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Cant think of any"

"Best car I've ever had by far. I've only had one problem other than regular wear and tear type maintenance. Had to have the EGR vacuum switching valve replaced when the Check engine light came on. Other than that, only had the brake pads replaced once and regular oil changes and tires are all i've had to do to it. Wayyy better than any vehicle i've had in the past. Only car i've had with such few problems. I plan on driving it a few more years to at least 200k."

The best car I have ever owned

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

"This is the best car I have ever owned. I will never own anything other than a Toyota Camry in the future. Extremely reliable and everything you could want in a car!!"

very good car

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "quick to start & stop even in deep snow"

Cons: "leather package was installed at dealer not good"

"regular service, driven pretty hard, mom is hard on stop and go, replaced a head light, battery, never been stranded, wood buy a new 1 but this 1 is still awsome"