2001 Toyota Camry

Based on 1037 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Quality Reliability = High Value | Enough Said

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Pros: "Quality Reliability = High Value | Enough Said"

"After 189,000 miles, my 2000 Camry is the most reliable vehicle I've ever had. We've replaced the brakes and tires and used full synthetic oil - so not a lot of maintenance costs. We've had many good memories in the Camry - from celebrating volleyball"

Impressive

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Great on gas, lots of cargo room, and very comfy"

Cons: "wow I seriously just sat here for a minute. none"

"I originally purchased this car as my commuter. It now is my main source of transportation. I have owned several very nice cars including two brand new off the lot. I have never purchased such an inexpensive vehicle (because of age and miles (about$3000)) and was scared to do so. After driving it to LA (2,000 miles one way) and back for my cruise, I knew it would last me a while. It now has about 227,000 and I am confident it will go to 300,000. It runs smooth and every time a passenger asks how many miles it has on it, I physical have to show them because they do not believe me (in part because you can eat off my floors ). This car comes to you with my highest recommendation!"

DieHard Camry

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I purchased my 97 Camry in 2006 and the only problem I ever had with it was a bad O2 sensor. I bought it with around 155,000 miles on it and just recently broke the 200,000 mile mark. The only reason why I am getting rid of it is because it was totaled by the insurance company (not my fault) and I am getting ready to purchase a 2001 Camry. By the way this car was purchased with a salvage title (which means it was totaled once before and rebuilt) I never thought I would drive a Toyota, now I don't think that I won't drive one."

This is a reliable and well performing vehicle

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"My 97' Toyota Camry has given me great satisfaction. At one hundred-fourty thousand miles the Camry still sounds, looks, and performes very well. The glossy paint coating is the only thing that has been weathered a bit. Other than that, I cannot complain."

A Truly Great Car

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Could possibly last forever"

"My parents drove my mother's 2001 Toyota Camry from Kentucky to California back in the summer of 2008 and left it for me as a gift (they flew back home to Kentucky). What a gift! The 2001 Toyota Camry has been the best car I've ever owned. When I received the car from my parents, it had about 70,000 miles on it. I've put over 80,000 more miles since 2008. The only repairs I've dealt with: I replaced the timing belt at around 130,000 miles (first time it ever needed replaced), and got some new tires put on it a couple years ago. I also had the motor on the driver's side door window replaced (the window went down, but not back up, so I had to get that fixed). What's amazing is the air conditioning still works at 150,000 miles and I live in Southern California and use the A/C about every day. I'm also 6'3 in height and there's plenty of leg room. The CD player still works great and has great sound. I'd recommend this car to anyone if you can find it. Great gas milage too, and I love the look of the vehicle."

A fine car

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "Super reliable and very comfortable to drive."

Cons: "Cheap plastic, two outside door handles broke off!"

"Extremely reliable. I purchased this vehicle in 2007 (with some nervousness) with 114,600 miles already on it, but the previous owner had changed the timing belt and put in new struts. plus the dealership did other things. It was an excellent, excellent $5,000 car. It just gave up the ghost recently, after I drove it for an 100K miles in 6-1/2 years. It rarely needed work, and the engine still runs well, although is using oil. Over its second life (114 to 215K) I only had to put in new front struts, a wheel bearing, replace the starter and of course keep up with brakes and oil chamges, and replace the exhaust thanks to wintery ice and road salt. - Normal things, and it was an old car to begin with! Extremely reliable vehicle: I was only caught out one time when the starter failed and then the AAA man made it work by striking the starter, so I was not really stranded. Comfortable to drive. If you find one well maintained, it would be worth considering."

Highly reliable, comfortable and robust

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Quiet ride; comfortable; ultra reliable; safe"

Cons: "Some repair parts are getting expensive in Europe"

"I bought this car used with about 20000 miles. Initially, there were some problems with the rattling noise in the front Suspension, after having replaced the struts it disappeared. Highly reliable car. I have the European model with 2.2 l engine, manual Transmission. In Europe standard equipment was automatic climate control, power steering, 4 power Windows, power central door lock, Audio System with 4 loudspeakers and power antenna, 4 air bags, fog lights and ABS. Mine has in addition a 6-cd-changer. All electric equipment is still working perfectly well. Also the engine never failed; I still have the first transmission, the first exhaust pipe(!!) and the first catalytic converter. In Germany we do not have Speed Limit; the Camry is quite rare here (this model has been sold only about 5000 times in Germany) and hardly anybody knows it. I know it is mainly built for cruising, but the engine and the Suspension also allow going on a faster ride. My car is still running fine and reaches its top speed of 200 km/h (125 mph)very easily, sometimes exceedng it. No severe oil consumption. Many friends are still amazed about the quiet engine and quiet ride and want to know whether it is a 6-cylinder model. So far no corrosion is visible. My car always has passed the German obligatory technical revision every 2 years. It definitely gives me no reason to look for something else."

277,000K RUNNING LIKE NEW!

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "very dependable and durable"

Cons: "not very luxury-minded."

"I put in about 25,000 miles per year, original owner, now 277,000 with just basic maintenence! Better now than most other makes when new! 277,000 and just getting started!"

excellent auto

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "great price,and fun to drive"

"the most realiable auto I've ever owned,and would buy another Toyota Camry again in an instant(if I needed to) I would recommend this type of car to any young family who are looking to buy."

Great car to buy and keep long after its paid off

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Dependable and low maintance cost"

Cons: "Maintance is a must on oil seals."

"I bought this car with 6 miles. I have put 190,000 miles over the last 14 years. I have had no problems with the car. It is dependable and has always got me where I needed to be. The only work I put in the car was what was required under the maintance guide. The car handles well on wet and snowy roads. It is a little sluggish with the acceleration but it is a 4 cyl and I am more about quality over speed. I am sold on the dependability of the Camry and it is worth every penny if you are looking to buy and keep the car."