2000 Toyota Camry

Based on 1048 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Faithful and Indestructible Camry

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, GREAT value, easy-ish to work on"

Cons: "NO acceleration to speak of(fixed in newer models)"

Running with the Big Boys on the mountain trails of Utah. Did I mention I was leading the pack?

"I bought my Camry in 2008 at 117k miles, and I have not had a single issue yet. I do all the mechanic work myself and have only ever had to do maintenance work (tires, brakes, oil, etc.) This car has gotten me across the country multiple times, driven day-to-day, and has not been babied. I have been ran off the road by a semi, gone mudding twice (stuck once[got farther than a Dodge Ram] and pulled out by a Toyota truck), and gone off-roading on mountain trails in Utah that were meant for ATV's and 4x4 vehicles(see picture). I say all this to say that neither have I had a single issue with my car through day-to-day driving in highschool, college, and career, nor have I had an issue in the "Extra-curricular" driving through the years. I look forward to breaking 300k on this car and intend to put it out in style."

517000 and still going strong!

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Extremely dependable, overall great car"

Cons: "Minor issues with check engine light"

"I purchased my 98 Camry with 48k on it in 2001 and now with 517K. I Stay on top of oil changes and regular maintenance and it still has original engine. Starts up great and has yet to fail me. Best car I have owned. Plan on getting to 600k or even 750K.. unless the wheels fall off before then :)"

Best car I have ever had!

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Great car, good mpg, and reliable."

Cons: "cheap interior"

"With over 300,000 miles, I have only had about 1200 in repairs. I wish they had put a little more thought into the interior, but it's still a comfortable and easy car to drive."

DieHard Camry

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I purchased my 97 Camry in 2006 and the only problem I ever had with it was a bad O2 sensor. I bought it with around 155,000 miles on it and just recently broke the 200,000 mile mark. The only reason why I am getting rid of it is because it was totaled by the insurance company (not my fault) and I am getting ready to purchase a 2001 Camry. By the way this car was purchased with a salvage title (which means it was totaled once before and rebuilt) I never thought I would drive a Toyota, now I don't think that I won't drive one."

A Truly Great Car

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Could possibly last forever"

"My parents drove my mother's 2001 Toyota Camry from Kentucky to California back in the summer of 2008 and left it for me as a gift (they flew back home to Kentucky). What a gift! The 2001 Toyota Camry has been the best car I've ever owned. When I received the car from my parents, it had about 70,000 miles on it. I've put over 80,000 more miles since 2008. The only repairs I've dealt with: I replaced the timing belt at around 130,000 miles (first time it ever needed replaced), and got some new tires put on it a couple years ago. I also had the motor on the driver's side door window replaced (the window went down, but not back up, so I had to get that fixed). What's amazing is the air conditioning still works at 150,000 miles and I live in Southern California and use the A/C about every day. I'm also 6'3 in height and there's plenty of leg room. The CD player still works great and has great sound. I'd recommend this car to anyone if you can find it. Great gas milage too, and I love the look of the vehicle."