1998 Toyota Camry

Based on 1062 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Best car I have owned in my 65 years of driving!!!

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "I am 6'3" it's very comfortable on long trips"

Cons: "None for me"

"I bought the car used and have been very surprised at the quality of the Camry. I have driven the car 4 years. The only things I have had done to it were at 180000 miles there was a small oil leak from the oil pump seal, a $150 repair. At 201000 miles I had the timing belt replaced for $180. The car is very reliable. I drive it to Las Vegas from San Diego without a second thought as to reliability. I average 16 mpg in city driving and 30+mpg on the hiway. I have owned 5 Fords,3 Chevrolets,1 Lincoln,2 Mercurys, 2 Buicks, 2 Oldsmobiles, 1 Cadillac, 2 VW's,1 Citroen and 2 Triumphs. I think that is enough cars to compare and make the statement "It's the best car I have owned in 65 years of driving"."

517000 and still going strong!

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Extremely dependable, overall great car"

Cons: "Minor issues with check engine light"

"I purchased my 98 Camry with 48k on it in 2001 and now with 517K. I Stay on top of oil changes and regular maintenance and it still has original engine. Starts up great and has yet to fail me. Best car I have owned. Plan on getting to 600k or even 750K.. unless the wheels fall off before then :)"

DieHard Camry

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I purchased my 97 Camry in 2006 and the only problem I ever had with it was a bad O2 sensor. I bought it with around 155,000 miles on it and just recently broke the 200,000 mile mark. The only reason why I am getting rid of it is because it was totaled by the insurance company (not my fault) and I am getting ready to purchase a 2001 Camry. By the way this car was purchased with a salvage title (which means it was totaled once before and rebuilt) I never thought I would drive a Toyota, now I don't think that I won't drive one."

The Best

By on Saturday, May 21, 2016

Pros: "If you like value, buy this car."

Cons: "The interior is surprisingly plain."

"I bought this car (LE V6) used, for my kids when they were in high school. It had approximately 89,000 miles on it in about 2004. I now have just under 440,000 miles on it, (yes, I drive a lot). Virtually everything in this car is original..engine, transmission, radiator, suspension, exhaust. I'm not sure the valve cover has even been off. I have never changed the timing belt! I haven't had a single costly repair. It broke my heart when I put a dent in the left front. The seats are still firm and upholstery untorn anywhere. It starts every time, right away, except for once when the battery needed replacing. I get oil changes every 5k miles or so from my regular mechanic. I could drive a fancier car, but I still think this a nice looking car, and it drives almost as good as it did when I bought it. The V6 is a great engine! I wouldn't hesitate to take it on any long extended road trip. I adore this car!!"

Best of the best!! Everything is original

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "Very dependable, smooth ride, engine stills hums"

Cons: "Clear coat does not last as long as it should"

"Very dependable car!! Everything is original in this vehicle with over 353,000 miles, I still drive this car out of town!! Go Toyota!! I am looking to buy another, but will probably still keep this one. This is my 3rd Camry. ( I still have my 1989 Camry as well)"