1997 Toyota Camry

Based on 1039 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Great Great Car

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "No flaws about this car"

"My mom originally bought this car in 2001 or 2002 and it never gave her any problems... Since then she has purchased a new car and passed this car down to me and ive never had any problems out of it... I drive to south carolina (2 hours each way) twice a month and only problem ive had out of this car was the power steering pump went out once... Other than that NO issues at all... I tell my friends how many miles i have on it and they dont want to ride with me in fear of a breakdown but ive seen them go through many vehicles and ive been the only one with the same car...Plus my particular camry got around 32 mpg on the highway and i averaged around 575 miles on a tank... I would fill up once every two weeks while friends would be filling up twice a week or once a week... Plus im 6 foot 9 and im able to fit in the car just fine... Car was hit a couple of days ago and it was deemed "totaled" by insurance so me and the car have to part ways, but i honestly dont think i will ever have another car just as reliable..."

Juggernaut

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I don't own this car

"I bought this 4 cylinder car in 2009 with 220,000 miles. In 3 years and 60,000 I had no more than a few hundred dollars worth of repairs. I used this car to travel to work all over the entire state of IL. I also drove the car coast to coast. This car was probably the most reliable car ever built. The only reason I still don't have the vehicle is because I was rear ended and the vehicle was totaled."

The best car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "Best overall value"

Cons: "Door handles plastic"

"This car has the most value of any. I bought it new and put every mile on it. Just do schedule maintenance."

My favorite car

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"I have owned only three cars in my lifetime (I'm approaching 50), and all three have been Toyotas. I purchased my Camry (vehicle #3) in 1999, with 16,000 miles on it--one of those "program vehicles." I now have over 195,500 miles on it with no major repairs, just maintenance, tires and the necessary replacements like timing belts, brakes, etc. Just this fall I had to replace the battery (only the second one in it), but other than that, it has been such a sweet car. I call it Gypsy, because we've been so many miles down the road together. My favorite part of the car is its cavernous TRUNK! I am continually impressed with what will fit into that space and it's fun to impress people with its capacity. I hope it will continue to serve me for a long time to come. Besides, having no car payments is worth it!"

Best car ever!

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "This baby goes forever"

Cons: "No reason to ever replace it"

"Everyone that knows me, knows how much I love my car. I have had the oil changed as recommended, rotated tires and had the proper maintenance done at the proper times. This car is and has been such a reliable car. As a single woman, I have driven from Missouri to Georgia then on to Florida a number of times alone. Never have I felt unsafe or worried that my car was unable to make the trip. I have sang the praises of my Toyota for years. The only problem I have ever encountered is that it sits pretty low to the ground. I recommend the Camry and can't say enough good things about it, this year my car is old enough to drive!"